So I'm seriously considering suicide.

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
So I know that this isn't a place where I should/can vent my feelings, but everyone on here has always helped me out before so I'm really hoping someone can now. Simply put for the past few months everything has been going terribly in my life. Girlfriend broke up with me, friends turned into enemies, parents ignoring me and favoring my brother, all the while my depression (which I though had gone away) has been growing and growing. My life, up to this point, has been relatively easy to deal with. But everything happening at once really makes it hard to cope. I'm sure that someone on here has been in a worse situation then this, so I'm asking this from anyone. How do you deal with this?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'd recommend playing Katawa Shoujo. It might inspire you as it has so many others.

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
Matthew94 said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/538-Advice-Forum

You should post in the advice forum, it's more suitable for your question there.

OT A lot of it is your attitude, if you look on the bright side and don't let things get you you you'll find things will get better. Maybe see a doctor for that depression?
You know reading that over again, it does seem like I'm complaining. It really just seems like everything changed in the wrong way though, maybe I have too.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I just think about how it could be worse. I don't know what your problems are but you have food and shelter right? Well that's better than people who have to worry about their next meal. Realize your life isn't that bad and if people can live in worse conditions than you, you should be able to deal with your problems. Or you can follow my insane way. If I'm feeling stressed I'll cut myself. Normally it's level with how stressed I am. It shows me that I'm still alive and I need to keep trying. It may be bad when you first cut, but time will heal it, the same with you're other problems (if you make the right decisions, and let that wound remind you to). Then when it heals it should heal your emotional problems with it. I know I'm messed up no need to tell me.

Or this.

ED-Tw0 ZeRo N9nE

Jan 12, 2012
Alright man, get those thoughts out of your mind right this second. The more you think about it, the more likely you are to actually do it. Do WHATEVER you have to do in order to get those thoughts out of your head. I GUARANTEE my situation is a LOT worse than yours. I will NOT allow you to do such a thing. I'm suffering from PTSD with vivid hallucinations of suicide, and if I'm not gonna do it, then you'd better not either. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm getting the impression that you are fairly young. I've been hit with the Trifecta of failure as a man, I am a failure as an employee at my last job, I'm a failure as a husband, and I'm a failure as a father. All three of which hit me during the same month (domino effect). Say whatever you need to say, I'm hear to listen.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
My advice with dealing with your parents is simply talking to them in a very direct way. Odds are, they either don't realize they're ignoring you or they don't think it's a problem. If you have a good relationship with your brother, talk to him about your relationship with your parents, as he might also be able to help you out there.

Really though, if you never talk to them about it, they won't know that it's a problem.

And always remember this: it will get better. If you think otherwise, you're less likely to get out of it.

Feb 28, 2008
You should try to see that your life is actually mostly composed of positives, rather than negatives - but it's simply that you can't see them right now.

I mean, look at it this way: you still have your parents and a brother. You presumably are quite wealthy if you have the internet. You're young, and have a whole life to look forward to. You've experienced love, and will again one day. People have loved you and certainly still care about you deeply.

I've never had a brother, and never experienced love; and I never will towards someone that a great proportion of society deems acceptable. But that's okay, because there's always something to look forward to, new things to enjoy and experiences to be had. Life is a rollercoaster, but for all it's ups and downs there's no way I'm jumping off until my ticket expires.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
buddee1 said:
So I know that this isn't a place where I should/can vent my feelings, but everyone on here has always helped me out before so I'm really hoping someone can now. Simply put for the past few months everything has been going terribly in my life. Girlfriend broke up with me, friends turned into enemies, parents ignoring me and favoring my brother, all the while my depression (which I though had gone away) has been growing and growing. My life, up to this point, has been relatively easy to deal with. But everything happening at once really makes it hard to cope. I'm sure that someone on here has been in a worse situation then this, so I'm asking this from anyone. How do you deal with this?
this might help

http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
Doc Slingblade said:
Alright man, get those thoughts out of your mind right this second. The more you think about it, the more likely you are to actually do it. Do WHATEVER you have to do in order to get those thoughts out of your head. I GUARANTEE my situation is a LOT worse than yours. I will NOT allow you to do such a thing. I'm suffering from PTSD with vivid hallucinations of suicide, and if I'm not gonna do it, then you'd better not either. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm getting the impression that you are fairly young. I've been hit with the Trifecta of failure as a man, I am a failure as an employee at my last job, I'm a failure as a husband, and I'm a failure as a father. All three of which hit me during the same month (domino effect). Say whatever you need to say, I'm hear to listen.
I'm 17 years old. And I understand that these problems may seem insignificant to you but to me they control my life. The things that I care about have abandoned me and it seems like I can not rely on anything.

ED-Tw0 ZeRo N9nE

Jan 12, 2012
Hey now, I was young once too, I haven't been an adult all that long (I'm only 25). I DO remember my teenage years, and you've got more going for you than I ever did at that age. You mentioned having a girlfriend, so I'm gonna assume that you've gotten laid by now right? I didn't lose the big V-Card until I was 19 AFTER I got back from basic training. Yeah, I was a pathetic kid, I don't too much look back on those years fondly. Pretty much the only thing that got me through it all is the fact that I've always been pretty mature in my mind for my age.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
buddee1 said:
How do you deal with this?
Analysis, learning, planning. You're 17, you haven't really started life yet, all you have at this point is what your parents and fate has dealt you. Barring an accident you have almost five times your current total lifespan remaining before nature pulls the plug on you.

I wasn't there for it so I can't speak for what happened in your life, but chances are that large parts of it were not within your ability to prevent, either due to outside influence or from your own lack of experience.

If you are currently in shock I would recommend some stabilizing activities that relieved stress, then afterwards I would analyse the events that transpired which left you in your current predicaments and start planning ways to improve it, as well as lessons to be learned.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I agree with the first post. Your first step should be to relocate to the advice forum. People there are just dying to help you out. And you won't get trolled.

How you feel about life is a matter of perspective, and everyone's problems seem a lot bigger to them. Kinda reminds me of Lesson Zero...

.>

Um... I don't feel precisely comfortable giving this advice, but it has worked for some people. I'm sure you have your own opinions about it already anyway but... [small]oh to hell with it[/small]. Maybe you should try watching My Little Pony and hanging out with some of the bronies here on this site. It's like anti-depressants that actually do what it says on the tin. Just a suggestion.

Other than that, just find something you enjoy. Maybe it's gaming, maybe it's a close friend, but something. I find that concerts cheer me up immensely, particularly punk shows. Even if you don't care for punk (I don't particularly myself), they are so fun. Everyone's really nice (assuming it's a proper punk show with a proper punk group and it's not just a bunch of drunk-ass skinheads), and the music is loud, and you get to totally vent all that negativity in a safe space. Come to think of it, it's worth doing just to experience it once. Don't forget to actually get in the pit. It helps if you go with a friend too.

Well, that's my take on what you should do. And bear in mind that nothing actually sounds appealing when you're depressed. It isn't until you actually do the thing that you find it's been worthwhile. So just do stuff, even it sounds like it wouldn't cheer you up. You'll be surprised to find that it has.

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Rather than the advice most offer..."stick in there", "life isn't so bad", etc. Here's the pulse. Life can always get worse, always. That's a promise, but on the flip side...life can and will get better with positive thinking and motivating yourself to control your life. Guess what...you already do. Nobody controls how you feel. Nobody, but you. If you wanna feel better about yourself, write down 3 things your proud of every day. Doesn't matter what they are, just write them down and tell SOMEBODY. Doesn't matter who, a teacher, a counselor, your dog, a stranger.

Here's the other part aside from all that, talk to someone that is a licensed professional. It helps, I promise. I've been there, and the professionals don't spend many years getting a masters because it doesn't work. Don't just talk to them though, talk to your parents. They might favor your brother, but most parents love their children reguardless of favoritism. Tell them that you have a real problem, that you're depressed, and that you need help. If they ignore you or brush it off, then speak to your school guidance counselor to get some backup from someone to support you. Support helps in all cases of depression. That's the best I got. Don't just bottle up and hope things will get better. You...YOU...have to take action to help yourself. Nobody can help you if you aren't willing to do something to help yourself.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
It gets better.

That'll probably be the most honest, simplest advice one can give.

And if My Little Pony doesn't make you smile a little, you're not human.