So MovieBob's Got a New Show...

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
So I was on youtube this morning and saw that Moviebob's got a new show on ScrewAttack. I also would like to point out how all over the video (and description) are disclaimers that "his views do not necessarily reflect those of ScrewAttack or their producers".

I just wonder how many video's it'll be before he starts calling people subhuman again.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The only thing that I can find when googlefu-ing is his game over thinker stuff, which according to them, he last updated in October.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Maybe I'm wrong but all he appears to have is a blog and a Youtube channel.
He's also got a Patreon, and his stuff on ScrewAttack is posted on ScrewAttack's channel(and probably their site.)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Maybe I'm wrong but all he appears to have is a blog and a Youtube channel.
He's also got a Patreon, and his stuff on ScrewAttack is posted on ScrewAttack's channel(and probably their site.)
Haven't seen any of his stuff on the site. His last entries date to October 2014.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Ugh.

I used to like Bob--really I did--but he needs to learn some fucking humility. I was hoping maybe a year or so of unemployment would help push him in that direction. Oh well, guess it's back to briefly touching on video games/comics/movies for a few seconds before descending into angry, holier-then-thou soapboxing.

I mean it, if he'd just stop being so preachy and go back to talking about nerd stuff, I'd gladly support those endeavors. As it stands though, he's like the liberal Rush Limbaugh.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
So is his new show's name really "In Bob We Trust" or am I just reading something wrong in the title for the video. To be fair I didn't watch it; I was just curious (from the comments it looks like just more of the Big Picture). I also only found it on his blog (why is that a .ca when he's in boston?), so I'm not sure how far his reach has gotten there yet.

I'm surprised anyone was willing to take him after he shat all over the last platform he had. I don't actually know how big screw attack is: I only ever go there to watch death battle (not a fan of the way they paywall off content).

Jan 12, 2012
MajorTomServo said:
Ugh.

I used to like Bob--really I did--but he needs to learn some fucking humility. I was hoping maybe a year or so of unemployment would help push him in that direction. Oh well, guess it's back to briefly touching on video games/comics/movies for a few seconds before descending into angry, holier-then-thou soapboxing.

I mean it, if he'd just stop being so preachy and go back to talking about nerd stuff, I'd gladly support those endeavors. As it stands though, he's like the liberal Rush Limbaugh.
A little soon to declare that he didn't learn humility, isn't it? I mean, yeah, the show's called "In Bob We Trust" but that's more of a gag than anything. It's pretty blatantly just the new Big Picture, which is entirely built on him talking about whatever he wants (usually couched in pop culture, but he does leave it open for "social issues and politics"). Maybe wait until he's done more than one episode before you write off the whole show as soapboxing, especially when the one existing episode is briefly touching on his angry soapboxing before descending into nerd talk.

OT: I really hope he cuts down the opening credit sequence; we don't need a 30 second slate on a 7 minute video.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Links!

The Big Picture: In Bob We Trust

The Big Picture: Game Overthinker version.

Anyways, I'm glad to see The Big Picture returning as usually I managed to turn Bob's more aggravating traits into white noise so long as they weren't the entire subject of the video. Granted he seems to be delving further and further into fanboyism, making a backhanded quip at BvS for no reason given that we've not even seen any footage of Wonder Woman in BvS.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
flying_whimsy said:
I'm surprised anyone was willing to take him after he shat all over the last platform he had. I don't actually know how big screw attack is: I only ever go there to watch death battle (not a fan of the way they paywall off content).
He used to work for them, so it's more of a case of "crawls back to old gig".

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Bob's on Screwattack and taking pot shots at BuzzFeed. So nothing much has changed. In Bob We Trust isn't too bad, it's pretty much his old Big Picture gig (as we all guessed in five seconds). I find myself in agreement with his point on the Black Widow movie stuff, although I already had that leaning, but at least he hasn't started alienating and calling people subhumans yet. I get why he's taking shots at BvS, but it comes off as more throwing toys than criticism.

I couldn't sit through over-thinker, It was genuinely dull and his voice is grating. Seriously, he's way to close to the mic.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Wow, I sure hope he doesn't descend into his usual cross eyed spitting patronising drivel about how all white cis straight men caused everything bad in the world, while he continues to tweet nothing but constant abuse at anyone who doesn't follow the party line.

I hoped it was more "Escape to the Movies", but I imagine it won't be long until he tries to force another film project into his shows (because Bob cannot accept he is simultaneously a bad writer, bad director, bad actor, bad supporting actor, bad editor, bad sound editor, bad cinematographer but a pretty good film and comic critic), and I would give us... 4 episodes before he is calling everyone sub-human scum, and shows that picture of Anita trying to not stand next to the sweating fat man who is a little too close to her.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
He can still claim to have view count draw but the line about how his views don't express that of the site is pretty damn telling. I wonder if this will last as long as his run here did.

I'm pretty indifferent either way. I don't take joy in his failures like others do and the movie review content here has been taken over by someone I respect more [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Marter] in regards to opinions on media.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Despite claiming to be a competely different show, it is pretty much the same show (The Big Picture) but wearing new skins.

As for Bob dicussions-

I'm kind of confused with the whole Black Widow controversial, so it's bad for any women to talked about liking a guy and a possible family? I mean don't all women AND guy talked about those at some point in their lives (mainly the first since not all want to make a family)? I certainly do recalled once mention a girl I liked to my friends in High School and I do want to have a family of my own when that dicussion was brought up. In saying so I do kind of agreed that she was somewhat of a different character in AoU (since I thought she liked Clint).

The whole Nintendo thing I pretty much agreed on now that he brought it up (Eshop is a crappy service as I dread the day when I have to transfer my 3DS data to another 3DS by hand!). I suppose that video answer my question in why they want to partner up with Universal Studio when it come to making a Nintendo themeshop as oppose to making one themselves.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Caramel Frappe said:
You know what? Good for him, I am happy to know MovieBob is doing what he loves which involves nerd culture / video games.

This time however, I pray he acts civil and respects those who disagrees with him. Because really, if you make videos for a living and talk about things relating to politics, morals, or concepts ... you should expect people to have different opinions or claiming you're wrong in certain aspects. You can't treat you audience like a bunch of subhumans or else you'll very likely lose views if not your job on the website you're uploading your videos to.

So yea hope all goes well with MovieBob. Can't say the same for Extra Credits, but at least Jim Sterling is killing it on youtube and becoming well recognized even by celebs like Angry Joe.
Okay, I really have to ask now, because this always comes up in these threads but I don't know anything about it.
What happened with Extra Credits and the Escapist? I never watched the former and only found the Escapist after they were gone.