So notch is an assh*le......

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Phlakes said:
Hm, the word of the founder of the convention, who actually just donated another $10k to Desert Bus last night, and is always open and honest with his fans vs. the word of two Youtube celebrities who have a history of being profane and immature.

Yeah. Let's totally accuse Notch of being an asshole.
Come on. It isn't even an issue about who to believe.

And the Yogscast isn't the one with the current track record of quickly blowing things out of proportions and turning what should be an in-house problem handled professionally into a personal grievance for all his millions of fans to see and inevitably act on in the most hostile of manners.

Look, Notch is a great guy and I love his casual approach to the gaming industry, but someone at Mojang seriously needs to suspend his Twittering privileges.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
Macrobstar said:
Notch didnt deny yogscasts statement, and then goes on to apologise and calls it a misunderstanding. Dudes an asshole, even more so if he doesn't admit it
not denying a statement has never been proof that the statement is true.

What Notch apologized for was venting directly to twitter, not for "having made shit up".

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Dfskelleton said:
Macrobstar said:
Dfskelleton said:
So Notch said something to those yogscast douchebags? That's freaking awesome. If I were in his position, I wish I would have the balls to do something like that.
Notch, on behalf of... me, thumbs up.
He was making false accusations and damaging there business, doesn't matter though as long as people you hate are getting hurt right?
Business? You mean making Minecraft LPs? That's not exactly what I would call "business".
Getting hurt? "Oh Boo Hoo! He said mean words to us! When will the hurting stop!?"
Thats there fucking full time job, its what they get paid to do, notch is a powerful man and the last person you want to have slandering your name

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Macrobstar said:
kouriichi said:
I have to sign with Notch.

The yogs are a couple of spoiled internet celebs, and they act like it.

They did a Lets Play of Space Marines that was 15 minutes of them complaining about the game, when they were just bad at it. >.>;

Not to mention, if nothing bad HAD been done, why would Notch bring this out, and start lying for no reason? Im more inclined to believe Simon and Lewis were just acting up a bit.

As for paying for travel, food, ect. No one else got that did they? >.>; Simon an Lewis make alot of money off of youtube. Its not like they cant afford it. Wernt their tickets and rooms free? Rooms alone can be pretty expensive in Las Vegas, especially when there's a convention being held, and rooms can be book ahead of time.

I think the yogs were just being prima donna's, feeling that they were entitled to more then they deserve. Alot more of minecrafts success came from X (davidr64yt) then from the yogs.

Now dont get me wrong, ive been a fan of the yogs for a longtime. And in that time, ive come to realize they arnt exactly... Mature. >.>; I think they're famous because of minecraft. Not the other way around.
Sorry yogscast has way more subscribers than the youtuber you mentioned, 75% came after minecraft, anyway you think its ok for notch to sell the rights of there video without asking or compensation? Or to shame them on twitter for speculation? So that now there website is being DDOS'd and they got verbally assaulted at the airport. To me the fame has gone straight to notchs head, the yogs however seem like reasonable people
Im not saying they arnt, nor am i saying Notch was right for sandblasting them.
Im just saying, i side more with Notch in this because he had no reason to go after them. If they were having a great time before hand during the interview, and everything was sorted when it came to the stream being sold, he had no reason conceivable to go after them.

And people who get big because of something tend to feel entitled and act up a bit. If you felt like it was you who made a game company worth millions, dont you think you would feel a bit entitled?

And as far as their cursing goes, i dont like it >.>; I see nothing wrong with cursing in general. And even cursing in front of 10-15 year olds is acceptable for the sake of comedy. (in moderation)
But when their parents are paying for the whole affair, and are in the audience and area too, you have to hold yourself to a higher standard. You have to think about the community at lard. Their act gained nothing from cursing. And the parents might have been put off by it.

They pay for tickets, hotel, and plane ride both ways, to see some potty mouth people from the internet get on stage and curse in front of their children? Thats not good practice.

And fans are fans. Notch didnt tell them to do it. They did it on their own. He didnt over react, the fans did. He posted what happened, and people took it to far. Not his fault.

Dec 27, 2010
Doragon Shinzui said:
Or Simon and Lewis could just be trying to cover their asses. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I'm more inclined to believe Notch over those two. Sure, they're funny, but they aren't exactly what you'd call "Mature."
And Notch is?

OT: Wow. Just wow. I'm pretty surprised that Notch would make all this up, but I feel more inclined to believe an official statement by these two than the post-hangover tweets of a man who wasn't even at their panel.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Makes me wonder if a criminal writes to a blog saying "I DID NOT KILL HER!" people would still blieve it.

My point of view is that there was a misinformation between the 2 parties, i do not belive the yogcast would be offensive to fans, but i believe if they acted like divas...

Also i do not believe Notch would come forward and write loads of crap about the yogcast withouth a remote reason, be it if he saw them doing something wrong or if someone told him, they were doing somethign wrong.

But the best part is: It's not our problem... it's a matter between both groups so i would like to know why people are taking sides and offending this or the other.

This all sums to my major opinion that is:

People are stupid and they do stupid stuff once in a while. Happens to everyone.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
silversnake4133 said:
Nah, Notch was just trollin'. He's a genius when it comes to that stuff, it's just a lot of his fans and the Yognau(gh)ts took his words way too seriously and thus back sassed him. He probably just wanted to punk the Yogscast and he did. I find the whole affair quite funny now. The Yogscast guys will probably get over it/figure it out soon enough, and after that they'll probably all have a good laugh about it and move on. Come on guys, even though he's a business man he can still have a little bit of fun every now and again right? I mean, if you were a part of a very successful video game company, wouldn't you play pranks on a few of your friends as well? I know I would. :D
First of all it greatly worries me you've associated this slander with trolling, what Notch didn't wasn't even close to trolling and in a business sense was completely unethical.
Yogscast has even lost subscribers and followers due to this little act of "trolling" which no doubt would cost them money.
Yogs have every right at the moment to lawyer up if they want too and take a shot at Notch.

Secondly you should probably read what was actually said by both parties and how Notch said it was a mistake on his part, he didn't say "PYSCH, I GOT U GUIZ GOOD LOLOLOMG"
You sound like one of those fanboys that would swoop down on Notchs foes just because he said they had a disagreement.
This wasn't trolling, the guy is a twat.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Evidence of Yog's wrong doing plz. Sorry but Notch's word is not enough. Innocent until proven guilty etc. Also i tell kids to fuck off all the time so...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
kouriichi said:
As for paying for travel, food, ect. No one else got that did they? >.>;
Yogscast didn't even get that. They had two rooms provided, their entourage was ten people, they paid for their own transport.

Beryl77 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Beryl77 said:
The Yogscast could also just make it up.
In the end, no one of us can really judge this.
How can the Yogscast make up Notch ranting over the Intertubes?
They can easily make up the story. We have no proof that their version of the story is true.
What story? Notch said x did y, YC said nope. What are they making up here?
They didnt HAVE to bring 10 people?
Most video makers who go to events like this go on their own, or with other people who were going anyway.
They couldnt wait till after the event to post videos?

Im sorry if i come off as a bit rude, but.... >.>; thats on them. Not Notch. Rooms alone are expensive. And minecon sold out, so the tickets wernt really "free". They could have been sold to anyone else who wanted to get in. They brought the extra expenses on themselves, and shouldnt complain about it.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
Business? You mean making Minecraft LPs? That's not exactly what I would call "business".
Getting hurt? "Oh Boo Hoo! He said mean words to us! When will the hurting stop!?"
They create entertainment. They have their own website. They make money off of it.

It's a business.

Like any other business, a bad PR story can mean the death of it or the serious loss of income--not because of something bad the Yogscast did, but because of something Notch said. If this was just about "mean words", then a simple apology should fix everything.

It doesn't matter if you don't like them. It's wrong, and they literally didn't do anything to deserve it.

Kyuumi

Jan 12, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
Macrobstar said:
Dfskelleton said:
So Notch said something to those yogscast douchebags? That's freaking awesome. If I were in his position, I wish I would have the balls to do something like that.
Notch, on behalf of... me, thumbs up.
He was making false accusations and damaging there business, doesn't matter though as long as people you hate are getting hurt right?
I wouldn't really call making a horribly coded, bugged game in Java with chunks of content missing out of it on release a business either.

Notch is one of the greediest developers there is, he didn't even pay for admissions to them, accuses them of doing things they didn't do and then his little company attempts to sell them out. Also, did you not realize that their forums were DDOS'd to the ground?

Notch fanboys are so delirious it's unbelievable.

weker

May 27, 2009
Macrobstar said:
After yogscast posted this well written statement notch said fair enough and apologised so hes not really disagreeing anymore is he? Also some guy linked some articles in the thread
So far his apology sounds like it is about calling them out about it (only article i noticed), it's still jumping to conclusions to call notch an out right lie.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
So it turns out Notch is actually human. Never saw that one coming.

Notch said something out of stress and a little over-reaction and the army of die-hard fans took Notch's tweet as an order to flay Yogscast. It happens. I say lots of stupid things when Im shattered and in my exhausted state will often completely misinterpret or just plain make shit up in my mind if Im annoyed at something, I however dont have millions of idiots hanging on my every tweet though.

Hopefully now that both sides have kind of went "Meh..." to it all now we can move on and Notch may think for a moment before he tweets. Hes a public figure now and needs to be a bit cautious about what he says regarding others.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
You'd think people would've realized he's an immature asshole after the Bethesda vs Mojang lawsuit crap, but this just puts the icing on the asshole cake. I've said it before and I have no problems saying it again: Notch needs to GROW UP! ESPECIALLY since he's such a prominent figure now, and all his whining, badmouthing, and immature finger-pointing just make him and Mojang look like they're run by a bunch of 12 year old pricks.

Seriously, if any other company head were to tweet stuff like Notch does, we'd think they'd have dived head first into the loony bin and no one would buy there stuff anymore. Yet when Notch does stuff like this, people rise up to support him.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
I justed watched Notch give 10 000$ to Child's Play via the desert on ONE single bid, and Graham hinted at the fact that he had already given a lot to the charity, it's gonna take more than this to convince me he's what you claim he is.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
blizzaradragon said:
You'd think people would've realized he's an immature asshole after the Bethesda vs Mojang lawsuit crap..
ya, that whole "playful suggestion for a peaceful, mutually beneficial resolution" thing was SUCH a dick move.

/eye roll