So notch is an assh*le......

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Fasckira said:
So it turns out Notch is actually human. Never saw that one coming.

Notch said something out of stress and a little over-reaction and the army of die-hard fans took Notch's tweet as an order to flay Yogscast. It happens. I say lots of stupid things when Im shattered and in my exhausted state will often completely misinterpret or just plain make shit up in my mind if Im annoyed at something, I however dont have millions of idiots hanging on my every tweet though.

Hopefully now that both sides have kind of went "Meh..." to it all now we can move on and Notch may think for a moment before he tweets. Hes a public figure now and needs to be a bit cautious about what he says regarding others.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Notch needs to have his Twitter privileges either suspended or monitored if he can't be considerate enough to understand the repercussions of his statements on his own. He has a track record for this shit.

Yes, he's human, and as a human, he makes mistakes. Like any other human, he needs to recognize those mistakes, understand the incredible damage they might cause, and learn by not doing it again. Especially when those mistakes involve other people.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
GiglameshSoulEater said:
Its impossible to prove who is right or wrong, so basically people are going to judge the one they like the least as the scum of humanity.

The internet: where you can leap to conclusions and rage!
It's not "impossible"... it's just unlikely that we will have someone who've been allegedly insulted (if it happened) coming on this thread and said: "I was there, the guys did (or did not) have been asshole with me like it was twitted by Notch".

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I fail to see why I should know anything about this... would be at least plesant to have some links or quotes to what Notch said in order to put the long winded "rant" in context.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Let me get this straight, one mistake, and the guy is an asshole. As if you've never done the same. Grow up people.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
GrandmaFunk said:
blizzaradragon said:
You'd think people would've realized he's an immature asshole after the Bethesda vs Mojang lawsuit crap..
ya, that whole "playful suggestion for a peaceful, mutually beneficial resolution" thing was SUCH a dick move.

/eye roll
It wasn't so much that he wanted to resolve things as how he went about it. In pretty much all of his tweets he sounded like he was some poor victim of big bad Bethesda, and even more Zenimax, when they were just doing their job to protect their IP before someone decided to come up with The Eldest Scrolls: Skycliff or something like that. Plus you can't say that some of his solutions were juvenile(Quake 3 deathmatch to determine a lawsuit outcome? Seriously?). Plus when he offered to change the name, he didn't even offer to change the offending part. Noble goal, but combined with juvenile solutions, badmouthing, and utter disrespect for a company doing it's job equals asshole in my book.

Plus you can't say that Notch's trademark on Scrolls was waaaaaay to big for some silly card game.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
I can't help but notice that no one leaped to the defence of Ubisoft or EA. Afterall, the spokesmen are just human, we all make mistakes. Give them some slack! It must be stressful being part of mulitbillion dollar companies, Notch has it easy!

Brought to by Illustrating Stupid Arguments With Stupid Arguments.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
william124 said:
I justed watched Notch give 10 000$ to Child's Play via the desert on ONE single bid, and Graham hinted at the fact that he had already given a lot to the charity, it's gonna take more than this to convince me he's what you claim he is.
As much as I respect Notch for the work he did on MineCraft and anyone who donates Their money to charity...since when donating money became a "wash away all my sins" thing? How much one has to donate, say, for beating other up? And 100,000 $ would be enough for manslaughter? Could we set that 1 million is a get out of jail free card along the way?

Can I call You a children eating, poo flinging, stinking, half-brained monkey then donate 50 bucks to random charity and validate my superiority as human being? Don't think so.
It's a completely unrelated thing.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Everyone does understand that none of us have the 'full' story, none of us know the proper context, and that the whole thing has been "one parties word against the others"? No? Ok then.

What I mean is: picking sides is kind of ridiculous to me. Things are rarely black and white and I doubt this is either. Besides it's all just stupid e-celeb drama.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Oh high-power gaming journalists and their little fights. I certainly hope they get past it before prom.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
notch is a douchebag, have known that for quite a while now.

what escapist/extracredits thing? i don't think i've heard if that. is that why they left the escapist? is there anywhere i could read about it?

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
blizzaradragon said:
Plus you can't say that some of his solutions were juvenile(Quake 3 deathmatch to determine a lawsuit outcome? Seriously?).
well i guess how you want to interpret that is subjective, to me it seemed a playful and obviously-not-serious offer put out there to try and ease some of the building tension.

blizzaradragon said:
Plus when he offered to change the name, he didn't even offer to change the offending part. Noble goal, but combined with juvenile solutions, badmouthing, and utter disrespect for a company doing it's job equals asshole in my book.
the offending part being the word "Scrolls"? because that's what he offered to change, no?

blizzaradragon said:
Plus you can't say that Notch's trademark on Scrolls was waaaaaay to big for some silly card game.
im a bit confused...on one hand you think bethesda/zenimax defending it's trademark is just "a company doing it's job" but mojang taking equivalent steps in registering their trademark is, well, silly?

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
One of the tweets says "Sorry for getting you guys into trouble" if you click Notch name, it's in the first page of the logs. Perhaps theres merit to both arguments ¬_¬

RHadley

Dec 5, 2010
If I may dive into this arguement with my personal point of view, I will.

As I said on Coestar's facebook post on the MineCon shotstorm, both were under extreme stress - especially Notch (in the last three months he's married ez, finished Minecraft - that took some doing - and helped organize it's first convention), so after three days of stress, parties and sleepless nights (worrying about talks and interviews) odds are he's going to slip upand make a mistake somewhere. He's not perfect, he made mistakes, took their "jokes" a little too seriously (that said, they did take the jokes too far).

It seems to me like a massive fuck up. That doesn't make him an asshole, he just screweed up - as it seems, did they.

Both sides should just apologise and get back to macking and playing MineCraft.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
I think both sides are at fault honestly. At least Notch apologized and said "I was tired and drunk" but Yogs apologized by saying, "sorry Notch is such a tired drunk."

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Both made claims on behavior with no evidence on their behalf, and Notch tried to patch things up half-assedly.
Sounds like Notch got shit information about what they were doing and raged too soon. Making it all up seems doubtful, why would he try to shun Yogscast if he didn't think this was true?

Sure, he should have validated it. But since this is a giant game of he said/she said, with Notch giving an apology and Yogscast acting professional about it, I'm pretty hesitant to call ANYONE an asshole.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Let's just say they both fcked it up, and they realized they did, and they are trying to make up for it. So we can forget it and idolize these great men again.(because they are)
Notch created a great game, and S&L are just hilarious. They did a lot for charity too and such, great guys.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
mcnally86 said:
I think both sides are at fault honestly. At least Notch apologized and said "I was tired and drunk" but Yogs apologized by saying, "sorry Notch is such a tired drunk."
Because, till now, there is no real evidence nor proof They did anything wrong? I mean, fanboism aside, where in all this is Yogs fault really? In the fact they issued a statement explaining their point of view on the whole matter, where They did not blame Notch in person for anything, but rather the faulty organization?

Yeah. They did swear. In pre-recorded video footage. Which still falls under organization responsibility to review those things and lay out the house rules for the guests. Other than that there is no actual proof of any other accusations except the tweets by Notch, for which he apologized and called misunderstanding.

I'm just trying to figure out what's so hard to understand in word "misunderstanding" that half of the people don't seem to get?