So.... reasons why wouldnt you go to australia?

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
The deadly murder-spiders the size of a manhole cover.

I'd love to visit the Mana Bar, but they'd have to clear out all those spiders first.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Because according to Dohop the cheapest flight there is a quarter of a million Icelandic. And that is not money that I have. And if I did have it I would buy a new computer or something, not go to a country that I have little interest in.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
Its far away, I hate flying, game censorship and all the venomous creatures. Beach is tempting though.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I like my guns. They practically Ban Guns. I choose to carry my gun in public, yes it is legal. I have chosen not to live anywhere that prohibits me from carrying a firearm or defending myself.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Because everything I want from Australia eventually comes to me in the US and everything I don't want stays the hell there.

Danglybits said:
Its far away, I hate flying, game censorship and all the venomous creatures. Beach is tempting though.
I'm guessing you haven't heard of the venomous sharks that walk the beaches censoring games then?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Because I look and live like a misplaced mountain man. I don't like the heat, but can tolerate it (a near lifetime without air conditioning helps).

Other than that, I hear the insects are pretty obnoxious.

And I get along with my fellow Aussies when they (rarely) come to visit; so the accent isn't going to bother me. Actually come to think of it...I get along better with the foreigners in my country than I do the locals. Every single exchange student keeps coming up to *me* to ask questions (ignoring the TAs, professors and lab techs when I'm doing work).

How the heck does that work?

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
Even if I had the money, as about half of the posters have already said, those animals seem to serve as heralds for some eldritch world-destroyer.

Cracked has effectively convinced me that even thinking of Australia will guarantee painful death.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
1. The long tedious grind before the flight so I get on an equal level.

2. The equipment and spellbooks are gonna cost me a fortune!

3. Really don't want to be awoken in the middle of the night by a fucking BOSS SPIDURR!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Gilhelmi said:
I like my guns. They practically Ban Guns. I choose to carry my gun in public, yes it is legal. I have chosen not to live anywhere that prohibits me from carrying a firearm or defending myself.
Good, you stay over there thank you.

Wow people really think we have scary spiders huh? I guess some of them look pretty scary (huntsmen still give me the willies when they jump out at you), hardly any are really dangerous. Only really the Sydney Funnel-web. Most others are pretty easy to live with.

Flight times and expense I can understand.

Kwik won

Oct 14, 2011
i wouldn't go because as a kiwi id have to pick up the slack and get a job that sum aussy would butch about going to a guy from another country, funny thing is kiwis get hired over aussy's there because of our work ethic and the lack of the aussy's wanting to said job.
oh yeah plus aussy food (meat, veg, milk, chicken ect) has little to no taste, but i will say the fish is very nice

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
Raddra said:
FortheLegion said:
I really miss the amazing public transportation :(
The transportation needs to be good.

To get you away from the spiders and snakes.
One time when I was over in Australia I was walking down the street and I looked behind me and found that I was being followed by a spider. it continued to follow me for some time...

edens_shadow

May 18, 2011
I live in Melbourne. It's not so bad, much colder then the rest of this desert continent. In terms most games get released pretty soon after the rest of the world anyway, so no biggie there. As for the creepy crawlies, they die pretty quick if you have a good boot.