So the upcoming Werewolf game looks pretty bad.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
...I'm not sure what you are saying here? Do you mean doing a World of Darkness: Medieval type game in general? Or specifically using this game engine to do so? Because I do believe they did publish some books back in the day for alternate points in history that would let you play in pre-modern eras. Though frankly there's nothing stopping a Storyteller from just doing that in a fantasy setting.

Or do you mean an urban fantasy game?
No I mean you can just have a fantasy sort of action with mellee combat and magical stuff in a contemporary setting, think DMC or something like that. It doesn't need to just be a basic third person shooter.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
No I mean you can just have a fantasy sort of action with mellee combat and magical stuff in a contemporary setting, think DMC or something like that. It doesn't need to just be a basic third person shooter.
I agree, though this game kind of does that since you don't use guns, and are using unarmed attacks for most of the ripping and tearing. I think the closest to what you are describing, is that Vampire game they made, Vampire : Redemption. You could happily run around using melee weapons in that one. But yeah it's not a very commonly tapped market, that's true.