So what are your top 3 games this year.

SeatedSkeleton

Sep 8, 2011
1.Bastion
2.Dark Souls
3. Skyrim

First two changed the way i look at/play games and Skyrim, well, it's Skyrim. A very good year all round.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
1. The Witcher 2.

That's the only new game out I've played this year apart from Crysis 2, which was really disappointing for me, not an awesome game at all.

Arkham City may well be on the list soon though.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
1.Witcher 2 (Although I have become far more addicted to Skyrim, I think CD Project Red created a far more polished and satisfying experience. The effort they put into improving upon the first entry is far greater than Bethesda's improvements over Oblivion.)

2.Skyrim (Disappionted that they did not further update their engine and that the PC port is somewhat sloppy. The graphics are lacking in many departments, with regards to gaming PC capabilites. That said the art style is gorgeous and the new leveling/perks system is actually very liberating. I haven't been so engrossed in a game since my early teens.)

3.Red Orchestra 2 (Fits nicely between milsims like ARMA2 and arcade shooters like BF3 and MW3. That said it had a horrible launch, and the devs have only recently managed to patch out serious bugs.)

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
1)Skyrim
2)Batman: Arkham City
3)Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I was expecting to put Assassin's Creed Revelations in there, but I don't know what the hell happenned. It does everything the previous ones did and imporves in a lot of areas, and Assassin's Creed is my favourite franchise ever. But for some reason, I didn't enjoy it as much as 2 and Brotherhood. My guess is that's because it's starting to repeat itself now, and because they have adopted the Call of Duty style of releasing a new one every single year, without giving any breathing room for me to miss them.

Also, I'd like to give a honorable mention to Sonic Generations, because it's the first Sonic game in a looooooooong time that I thought was really good (I don't have a Wii and therefore didn't play Sonic Colors). It was really short though.

dot0rai

Aug 2, 2010
1)Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2)Saint's Row the Third
3)The No More Heroes remake for PS3
They were the only games i've enjoyed this year. Honorable Mention to Portal 2, which I felt was mediocre.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
1) Skyrim
2) Witcher 2 / Portal 2 (actually, can't say Portal 2 is game of this year, it's more like Portal 1 v. 2.0)
3) Deus Ex: HR

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Saints Row: The Third -Just insane fun
Serious Sam 3: BFE- Great co-op fun
Mass Effect 2- Fantastic game.

Runner up: Skyrim- haven't played enough to really say yay or nay on it. So far, yay.
I'm more into how fun my game is rather than how well crafted and sophisticated it is obviously.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
1) Batman: Arkham City

2) Pokemon White

3) Portal 2

Honorable mention goes to Mortal Kombat and (Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3. Not sure which of the two I prefer.

JAY_RAD

Apr 22, 2010
1. Portal 2
2. Dead Island
3. CoD: MW3

Portal 2 is my all time favorite. (I don't know why it wouldn't be everyone elses) And I highly doubt playing Skyrim would change my mind. Dead Island had it's problems (especially on the PS3 version) but zombies are zombies and there was fun to be had in it. And despite all the hatred of CoD, I still really liked spec-ops, survival, and the campaign. I really wish I got to play AC: Revalations.

MJpoland

Legacy
Jan 12, 2011
Country
Poland
Hm, maybe I will create a little longer list

1) Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2) Battlefield 3
3) Total War: Shogun 2
Bulletstorm
Portal 2
Crysis 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim
The Witcher 2

I liked all of these games, hard to tell ranks for 4th - 8th place. Some I liked for sp, some for mp, I only score the games for the most likable part, not overall.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
1) Skyward Sword
2) Deus Ex: Human Revolution
3) Pokemon Black and White

I would say Skyward Sword three times but that's not fair to the other games I've played this year. It seriously is that good though, easily my new favorite Zelda game.

Most disappointing: Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi. After enjoying Raging Blast a ton and having a good experience with Raging Blast 2, I thought they'd continue this trend instead of throwing the game down the shitter...

TheKmanofAwesometon

Jan 30, 2011
1. Skyrim
2. Dark Souls
3. Portal 2

Biggest Disapointment = Dragon Age 2, don't think I could say anything more about this game that hasn't already been said 100 times.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Out of ones so far:
1) Bastion
2) Portal 2
3) Deus Ex (Most likely to be changed to either Saints Row or Skyrim)