So, what did you get for Christmas?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I nearly died of shock when I realised my sister had bought me the Assassins Creed books.

My family NEVER buy me anything computer game related. Maybe they are getting the message that I like computer games after 29 years...

I usually just get makeup or a hairdryer or something :|

It is truly a glorious day.

Merry Christmas all ;P

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
A couple of games, some shoes, a book (On grammar, because someone thought it'd be funny), and a media server.
I always try to stay as far below £200 as I can for Christmas. Then I see people getting presents that must be worth thousands, and I get a little irritated. It all seems a little spoilt to me; as if they don't consider the cost of things and how much their family spends.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Some chocolate and a snuggle blanket.

But I got to spend some time with the family so Christmas was a pretty good day for me.

REcaptcha:advicent savages

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
- Tickets to see Frankie Boyle and Billy Connolly.
- TONS OF CHOCOLATE!
- Skyrim
- some stand up DVD's
- The zombie survival guide :D
- The walking dead comic books 4&5

Im a bit spoilt this year, :/

Isnack

Apr 28, 2011
i got some nirvana t-shirts and a pair of nike free runs, so i think i did pretty well.

BobGrim

Nov 2, 2011
- A backpack (<3)
- A headlamp
- Two books (Metro 2033 and Songs of Love and Death)
- A comic book (Arne Anka <3)
- A music CD
- A DVD

I'm quite happy. :D

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
HP laptop

Games:
Skyrim
AC: Revelations
Saints Row 3
Uncharted 3

Doctor Who Seasons 1-4

Comic books:
Batman Noel
Flashpoint
War Of The Green Lanterns
Brightest Day Vol. 3

2 Discworld novels.

Yeah, my parents spoil me.

pln9fos

Mar 17, 2010
So far, my gifts have been:

A 500ish page book on natural/alternative medicine and healing.

"The Lion King" 3D Diamond Edition Blu-ray

"Watership Down" Special Edition DVD (currently being shipped, as it was an order from Amazon)

A lava lamp (white elephant gift)

And an as of now unknown gift

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
svenjl said:
It was pouring with rain, and then started hailing. Thunder, lightning...the works. Pretty funny in hindsight. Anyone from Melbourne will know what I mean :-D
Yep, I know exactly what you mean.

Today I saw the largest storm cloud I've ever seen and heard quite possibly the loudest thunder clap.

As for presents I just got money, which is good 'cause I can just spend it on whatever I want.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Red Giant - Magic Bullet Looks 2

I don't get normal presents, I get colour correction software.

svenjl said:
It was pouring with rain, and then started hailing. Thunder, lightning...the works. Pretty funny in hindsight. Anyone from Melbourne will know what I mean :-D
You forgot to mention that it was hot and sunny too (+wind). Silly Melbourne.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
My Birthday is on the 7th of January, so I get the majority of my gifts then, and normally it's like a super bundle of stuff, or one big thing.

This year, I'm getting a new computer. Super excited.

Got The Beatles autobiography, some shirts and some chocolate today though. Which was nice.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
But damn, I cannot wait till my mom feels better. Why? Because I ordered some sweet ass english food (crisps, sweets, tea, etc) and I dont want to open the package till shes up again. Cant fucking wait to eat some Walkers Ready Salted.
*feels smug*
Yeah... it is good i suppose, but you get a little used to it...
But not Cadbury's, good god that's delicious.

Anyway, i got this kick-ass dragon cane, i have pictures!
Oh and a pocket-watch :p
I look dapper ;D

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
I'll limit myself to the neatest stuff.

A crystal tree.
It's a little cardboard tree coated in a chemical that you have to "water" with another chemical. The "water" slowly travels upwards through the cardboard and where the 2 chemicals meet, colorful crystals form so you slowly get a beatiful crystal tree.

A book on "how to do everything."
It's a big book that contains very to-the-point step by step instructions on how to do ANYTHING. From cooking spaghetti to building a hovercraft and everything in between. I didn't get to really read it yet but here are some things I found so far:
how to operate a jetpack
how to hunt with a falcon (both tibet style and roman style)
how to survive a tiger attack unarmed
Even the simple stuff like how to mop or how to paint a wall is great for me because I somehow never really learned a lot of those practical everyday skills. Especially cooking and DIY.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I still have to go to Dad's house this afternoon and, I'm going back to GA to be with my GF in a couple days so, I have more stuff coming...but within the past few hours?

clothes (3 t-shirts, Jeans, PJ Pants, boxers)
candy
Old Spice
Megablocks Shortsword
Skyward Sword

considering I'm 23 not a bad haul. I wasn't expecting Skyward Sword at all to be honest and haven't had a chance to play it yet but the CD it came with is amazing. Once I find my Zune it's going on. While I haven't been there yet, I'm about 80% sure my Dad got me a dual-player (VCR/ DVD player)

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Some new converse and gloves, Complete collection of Kino's Journey, Revolutionary Girl Utena part 3 box set, Volumes 10 and 11 of Farewell Mr. Despair, The undertaking by Thomas Lynch and Cheese Whiz.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Welp, some odd knick-knacks in my stocking (candy, good root beer, toiletries, etc.), a nice tee-shirt(now I have to buy Angry Birds), and a big gift of a eReader Multimedia Tablet. Sure, it's not even as powerful as my iPod Touch 4th gen. in terms of storage, but still and awesome gift.
soren7550 said:
Seeing as my family isn't speaking to me, and my boyfriend violently hates Christmas, all I can really say is that for Chanukkah (the boyfriend celebrates it, but I never really have on account of I was raised Catholic) I got a bird ornament. The only reason he got it for me because birds aren't Christmas-y.

So, my Christmas blows and I'm deeply depressed.
I'm sorry to hear that, I really am. Still, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It's just around the corner, a blank state for a fresh start! I wish you the best of luck on it.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Saints Row the Third
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (With a free copy of the first game)
"Conspiracy 365" total collection of books.
And a Laptop that works.
Hellz yeah, thanks little bro for believing in Santa.