So what is Camping?

richasr

Dec 13, 2007
oh and OP, that's not camping, that's running to cover and defending yourself when the entire team rushes up the stairs towards you. They sounded like idiots and there's many of them on COD

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
personally i don't mind campers, you just have to figure out a way to hit them, even when they stay cornered in the same spot ^^
(the only kind that i really hate are spawn campers... -_-)

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
A good way to get easy kills but it wont win you a game. The amount of times I've seen someone try camping for to long allowing for them to be easily killed is not funny. My favorite is on a bridge level in Killzone 2. At the entrance to each base there is this little tower thing that people always camp in, except that it isn't actually cover and you can shoot through the walls. Funny times.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
I'm of the opinion that camping, like all things, can be acceptable in certain circumstance but grossly inappropriate in others. It would lead to some pretty crap one-on-one matches if players are both just sitting in corners waiting for the other guy to walk by...On the other hand it would be the most polite game in history

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Ok here is what i would call an example of camping:
On Rundown in mw2 on the side of the map with the petrol station and all the open space there is a building.Its the one beside the middle bridge.
You can go across the rafters to a ledge in that building.
Sitting there for long periods of time is the worst kind of camping because it is nearly impossible to get a grenade up there without going into the building and getting shot first and there is almost nowhere you can shoot up there from.
So i think that sitting there for kill after kill is a noob tactic.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Camping in itself doesn't bother me. Akimbo shotguns bothers me. Go ahead, try to shoot two shotguns at once akimbo style, IRL.

Jazzyluv2

Nov 20, 2009
remember everybody, you should play the game how you think it should be played and not what actually works to put the win on your belt...

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
People should only complain about camping if they are
1. Camping a spawn point
2. Camping in a glitch

If people are stupid enough to run into the same room again and again, using no strategy, then by all means camp.
A person that actually thinks would throw a grenade to get them out of there or just ignore them.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Trivun said:
Iconsting said:
Any time you stay in one place and never move is considered camping. It's acceptable for snipers, that is, unless you play one on one, to camp because that's their job. Any other type of player who camps is just being a rookie who can't play the game properly.
This is the kind of mentality that I absolutely hate regarding campers. Camping is always a legitimate strategy provided you aren't using glitches or aimbots. I always play FPSs realistically. I use realistic tactics like the ones used by the actual military, and I expect to be treated by other players as if it is a realistic scenario. I understand not everyone will play realistically like that, but that's up to them.

In an actual military scenario camping would be an extremely useful defensive strategy and is used anyway. And so in a game, whatever weapon I have, wherever I am on the map, I will camp. And I will not cheat by using glitches or aimbots, and if I die then that's fair enough (again, provided no cheating is involved). I am not a novice either, I use other strategies and I often win games or are on the winning team when I play online. Generally I find that people who complain about campers are the novices who can't find any of the simple ways of avoiding them. Again, this is just from my gaming experience, though.

Camping is not cheating. It is a perfectly fair strategy. Deal with it.
I type in bold because it makes my statement more valid!
I kid, I kid. But seriously, while I agree with the fact that yes, in a real military situation, camping would be useful. But that's just it, it's too useful. When camping, people often choose a place where they can oneshot anyone who enters the building or turns around their corner, making it nearly impossible for anyone Use of an overpowered weapon is considered "Cheating", and by cheating, I mean being cheap in order to gain a higher score. (IE, camping with akimbo model 1887's in order to get an emergency airdrop, then they get more kills than anyone because the game gives them a care package with an AC130)

I admit that I'm being close-minded when I say there are no exceptions to the "Camping is a cheap strategy" statement, but that doesn't mean that it's never a cheap strategy. Also, again, it's not "Cheating", it's just really annoying that someone can get kills by hiding in a building, with fucking claymoresat every entrance, while the rest of us try to earn our scores while giving the enemy team an opportunity to score on us.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Games such as CoD4 reward camping like no tomorrow. That's why I play CS more.

sean.A7x

Dec 16, 2009
The only kind of camping which bothers me is sitting up against a corner in a house where no one would expect you starring at a door when its not even a place that alot of people are going through, it must be so sad and boring for them :p

Pietato

Mar 28, 2008
A few days ago I played some Counter-Strike Source. It was on one of those little ice fort maps where there's two forts and a big open space between them. I was the last person alive on my team, and there were five baddies all over the enemy fort with guns that can plaster a face from across the tiny, tiny map.

So I got administrator slayed for camping when I didn't run out.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
I very nearly got punched for what I call Extreme Spawn Camping. Goldeneye. Deathmatch. Facility. Proximity mine in the bathroom stall. People wanted me dead.

For the poor souls who never played Goldeneye - On that level, one of the spawn points was in a vent that opened into the aforementioned stall. There were no weapons in the vent. I am a bastard.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Camping is finding a good tactical defensive position and daring the enemy to use his brain and flush you out.

Deal with it.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
Camping, to me, is hanging out by a spawn point and killing whoever decides to spawn at that point. Sniping and hanging out by an objective are not camping, because people have an opportunity to either bypass or kill whoever is doing it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Camping is hiding in a place where the only way to kill you is to get in your line of fire, and that gives you the advantage. Liking hiding in a corner waiting for people to pass by and then shooting them since they didn't see you due to limited vision range and then killing them again when they come back to kill you, since you can see them first.

Moridis

Jan 4, 2010
In my opinion Camping in when you "camp out" a spawn point and start killing players as they appear and are not able to do anything but take a bullet to the head. This behavior is the kind that I think is the only reasonable excuse to complain about camping. Complaining about someone picking you off when you are trying to enter an enemy base is just plain retarded and childish.

Although on the other side of the argument it sure is fun to be at the other end of the rifle that picks off those not fast enough to get past your killzone.

Kramcake2516

Feb 8, 2010
Cheveyo said:
Camping is finding a safe spot where nobody can ambush you, that gives you a clear shot at everyone else.
I only find it annoying when they're spawn camping, or camping the only path into a different area.

If you're camping inside a building that holds no importance, then you're fine. If other people are stupid enough to go into that building again and again instead of just avoiding you, it's their problem.

I totally agree with the spawn camping point i think ive lost count how many times this has happened to me on bc
But i dont tend to have a problem with camping in general if someone is doing it you dont have to keep trying to kill them do you? lol just go the other side of the map thus denying them kills