So you like a girl...

IrisEver

Sep 8, 2011
I usually dont bother saying anything. Nothing to do with nerves, and certainly not 'thats the mans job' bullshit, but relationships are just something I dont often want to waste my time with unless I'm really sure something could work out. I have more to my life than chasing around a guy who isn't really that interested in me.

If I am sure something has a chance and I want to give it a whirl, then face to face. But usually I dont act on any passing fancies I have. I'll respect a guy more for doing it face to face too.

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
I just keep it inside and hope that person likes me back because I am a coward and I don't wanna stop talking to that person if I get rejected.It would be nice if girls asked guys out sometimes you know why does the guy have to do it all the time.Also the argument you don't have confidence to ask someone else,can't it be applied both ways or is equality really just a myth.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
I like to fire a cruise missile across the continent full of letters with pictures of her left eye and the words "LOVE ME!" written in my blood across them.

So, yeah, be direct.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
I tend to just worm my way in to their life and charm the SHIT out of them. With the four girlfriends I've had, I've always found a way to just make the relationship happen. Never actually had to ask a girl out. But when just telling them that you have a thing for them, yeah. Face-to-face. I've had to tell girls that were too far away to talk to in person (because of university and what not) that I've had feelings for them, but it's never right. Just end up feeling like you've been left hanging.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
BanicRhys said:
The Man With the Soap said:
I ignore it till the feeling goes away.
Exactly, why ask her out and possibly get your hopes up?

Happiness always ends in pain.
Because you could be happy forever.
Also happiness is worth it.
I'm currently going out with the girl I first dated, we failed pretty badly the first time and I was being attacked passive aggressively for about 6 months, but the one month was worth it.
Now I'm back with her after another girl and I've never been so happy in my life. You can have a relationship end without too much pain if you talk to your partner. We didn't the first time round and it hurt. Now, we'd just let it slip back into friendship.

But, it really depends what makes you happy. I'm unhappy without her, so why would I have it any other way?

Feb 7, 2009
BanicRhys said:
The Man With the Soap said:
I ignore it till the feeling goes away.
Exactly, why ask her out and possibly get your hopes up?

Happiness always ends in pain.
Well, I've just got other things I need to focus on. Plus, a lot of people get annoyed by the fact that I am up at four thirty every morning for PT.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I asked my girlfriend over the mic. The only reason being is that I couldn't see her face to face.

I haven't asked people out face to face. The people that I've met here are either druggies or are just ghetto, and we clash in almost every way. I've been asked out maybe three times, but I just say "no" because 1) I don't know them, or 2) I don't like them in that way, and 3) I already had/have someone. I'm attracted to intellect and well, people who like to read/write, as well as a certain cuteness (I don't know how to explain it). For some reason, I've never felt like settling for less.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I've only ever been really mad about one girl and I told her face to face. It's better that way I think because it's more personal. Plus you feel great afterwards knowing you had the balls to tell them to their face.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
kidwithxboxlive said:
How do you deal with it? Do you tell them face to face or over text? Do you go for it and ask them out, or keep it quiet and hope they like you as well? What have you done in the past?

Share tales and experiences and tips as well if you want to :)
When I find another woman attractive, I usually mention in casual conversation that my spouse and I have an open marriage and enjoy threesomes (and foursomes).

No, I am not kidding.

You'd be surprised how often that technique works. ^^
... *seizure*

May 29, 2011
I don't really know. Haven't found anyone intresting enough for me to approach in my current situation (=there are a few girls I like but I'm not really into taking risks.)

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Sentox6 said:
Stormz said:
Say nothing. I've never told any girl I liked how I feel. I just wait for it to go away. It's not that I don't want to say something, but my self esteem is bad enough as is.
That seems... rather bleak.

If I like a girl, I pretty much just go right after her, and see what happens. I've discovered that brief but explosive disasters are preferable to long-term pining. YMMV.
It's not that bad. If it's just a stupid crush then it never lasts that long. I'd rather work on developing a decent self esteem before I take the plunge, because rejection could put me back.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
I'm going through it right now, I'm a coward though, so either the situation has to be perfect or I'm not saying it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
tobyornottoby said:
Yopaz said:
I'm more of the do nothing kinda guy. Mostly because I am afraid of taking the first step and I don't want to be open and vulnerable. I'm not afraid of flirting, I'm just afraid of trying to make a serious attempt. Yeah... I'll be alone forever.
I've been there =D (I once went to bed with a girl... and then nothing but actual sleeping)
Have you seen A Guy Thing? It's like at the end there. Sometimes you just have to go for it.
I think I might have seen the movie, but I really can't remember it. Probably saw it while I was half asleep or something, but it does sound familiar after reading the plot for it.
However the important point is that I'm not really worrying about finding love at my age. I lack stability so I don't really see the rush and figure out I get time for that once I'm settled down.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Usually keep it to myself, until she makes the first move. I don't take chances, especially when there is the potential to make somebody feel uncomfortable or even ruin a friendship.

Some may call that cowardly, but I prefer to call it..cowardly.

Edit: So far, I've always been asked out over text or IM. Makes the first kiss a bit..odd. Kind of choreographed, almost.