Some good music.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

Jujutsu Kaisen holds the record for my favorite anime ED this year. Both with the song, the vibe and this closing animation.

Reactions: happyninja42

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Stemming from some discussion regarding my recent profile pic change, I'm reminded how much I appreciate musical artists with broad spectrums of proficiency.
Hecq is an artist I've admired for years mostly because you could try to pin his style down, but you'd fail every time. Yeah, it's nice to "know what you're getting" with artists who stay in a very same-y vein, and it can be jarring when an artist or group makes a tonal change for the hell of it, but when you know an artist is capable of anything at any time, and they do everything well, you can't help but be in awe and anticipate what they do next.

You have "Shutter" with a hard, German underground club edge.

Then you have the slow build of "I AM You" which is tender but forceful, and hurtfully beautiful.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Super into the Night radio station in Cyberpunk right now.

Am just going on an old school jungle DnB binge too, may update with newly discovered gems here to weakly validate myself later. 👌

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I wrote a song today, and it's not very good at all, but I cannot get the bastard out of my head. Like that Kylie song but much worse, and I'm a lot taller.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Have always had a soft spot for this classic, but lately been feeling a lot more emotionally affected and it refuses to leave the mind now. (Also a perfect antidote for right after someone plays "I need a hero" at a party)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If a deep, warm hug made a sound. I've been listening to this song for years, and it never fails to make me feel.

1631719564260.png

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
So this just popped into my feed, and I was pleasantly surprised.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
While his writing is oft frustrating, credit where credit is due, Kojima at least picked a band who could speak to the malignant growing void in the heart.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
WARNING: Maximum chillage ahead.

Bullitnuts is a group that has since disbanded [as far as I can tell], but they put out a few albums of pure sonic chill before deciding the world wasn't worth their chill. I was fortunate to buy them up when I found them.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
And in contrast to my last post, I give you an artist by the name "I Broke My Robot." Very much not chill, but very much inventive with the glitches and noise. I was never a big "glitch" person, but his arrangements have so much character, you (well, *I*) can't help but be enthralled.