Sonic Fan Project Gives Sonic 4 a Run for its Money

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
That looked incredible. It looked really....glossy? I liked it. The audio is a bit off but that's minor. Looks like everyone's bringing out a remake of Sonic stages these days...

Anyway C&D and all that. I call four weeks.
I'll bet a month and a half.

dannymc18

Dec 15, 2009
Based on the videos alone, I prefer Sonic 4. There's just too much going on in this thing! It's very nice in it's own right, especially saying it took just 2 guys to make it, but it just isn't for me.

Jul 22, 2009
Dear god why can't Sega take inspiration from this?

We get it... you want to evolve the series. however that's not what the fans want.

You remember the fans? The people who are going to buy your game...

I'm amazed that tiny indie developers are kicking Segas at developing Segas game.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Morons why did they put out ANYTHING. They could have finished the game and then put it out, now like Chrono Trigger we'll never see it.

Maybe SEGA will do the smart thing and hire these guys instead of suing them...Hahahahahahahahaha whew that was a good one, like that'd happen.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I don't know if I'd say it looks better then Sonic 4 (Well, visually, yes) but I would certainly say the fun factor looks on par. Do want.

Visulth said:
This is most likely going to get hit with a Cease and Desist real quick. The second a fan project looks as good, or better than an actual product its days become numbered.
Actually, Sega is rather cool about fan projects, unlike Nintendo or Square Enix. Though this is the first time I've seen a Sonic fan game built from scratch instead of just re-worked from an already existing game.

Necromancer1991 said:
Once again we prove how Sonic team was the worst thing to happen to Sonic since Jar Jar to Star Wars
But...then we never would have had Sonic to begin with. Ever.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Wow it looks great! When does it come out!? *Reads the O.P.* GAAAAAAH! Why does it have to be fan-made?! Why?!?!?!?!? *Crawls over into a corner, curls up, and dies*

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
GamesB2 said:
Dear god why can't Sega take inspiration from this?

We get it... you want to evolve the series. however that's not what the fans want.

You remember the fans? The people who are going to buy your game...

I'm amazed that tiny indie developers are kicking Segas at developing Segas game.
Money and good business plans seem to be on the minds of gaming companies these days and yet i feel sorry for them because they were once great game companies that gave us Mario, Sonic etc.

And now at the present all they could care about is how much money they can rake in from selling tacky glitched games or using the same game a billion times over but with a new hat or a new shiny sword which everyone seems to fall for these days its all about the cosmetics.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Also, when two dedicated fans can put this together, do we need $100 million budgets for games?

Not saying GTA IV doesn't have a place, but I think there's a far wider audience for $10-$20 dollar, smaller, less showy games than the big developers think.

But then of course there's people like Kotick who don't think anything is worth less than $70, with an extra $30 of DLC released the day after.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
meepop said:
Wow it looks great! When does it come out!? *Reads the O.P.* GAAAAAAH! Why does it have to be fan-made?! Why?!?!?!?!? *Crawls over into a corner, curls up, and dies*
I would prefer to play this fan made game" than the last crap game sega made called "sonic Unleashed with bad voice acting and end of the line story".

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
While this is impressive, I have to ask; why does a fan project look better/much prettier than Sonic 4?