Sonic Fan Project Gives Sonic 4 a Run for its Money

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
So many popular fan made Sonic games from the 90s before the release of Sonic 4. It shows how creative and talented the Sonic fans (or non Sonic fans) are.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
See what happens when you get people to work on a Sonic game instead of putting your finger to your lips and going "Bleebbleblelbelelblelbe".

How much does anyone want to bet that someone from either Sega or Sonic Team saw this and exclaimed obscenities in the office?

BelmontClan

Nov 15, 2009
O_O I've never really played a Sonic game, but damn, does that look pretty and something I'd WANT to play.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Personally, I'm not a big fan of remakes. I'd much rather see brand new levels rather than sonic 2 with a face lift. The art and animation were impressive though.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
This is so pathetic...

the fact that this has much better animations than Sonic 4, that is!

2up

Jun 15, 2009
Two talented guys. They should make their own game (if they aren't already).

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I'm sure the video looks great, it's just a pity it won't play.

Anyone else getting that problem?

I mean, I can't be the only one, surely?

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
This looks better than Sonic 4 which was developed by a whole team, while this was made by two guys...

That is beyond sad...

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Scratch the earlier post, it works fine, just not on the lowest resolution (makes sense).

The whole thing looks great, would be nice if the project didn't get shot down.

simmeh

Jan 25, 2009
BlueHighwind said:
Cease and Desist letter incoming...
This. Right here. Remember what happened to Chrono Resurrection [http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/]? If there's anything small developers like this should learn about remake projects, it's that if you're going to make something this cool, don't bloody tell anyone about it until it's done.

That said, the video was really cool.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
That... is... fucking... BEAUTIFUL!!!

I don't care if I am a dude and they may or may not be, I must bear their children!

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Visulth said:
This is most likely going to get hit with a Cease and Desist real quick. The second a fan project looks as good, or better than an actual product its days become numbered.
This. However, It may get them a job offer if Sega was fairly intelligent.
It looked much better than Sonic 4. Though Sonic 4 is suppose to be more story-based and original.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
$10 says SEGA kills this project. Why? It looks good, and considering it's a remake of Sonic 2, it's already going to be obviously better than Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, or Sonic anything else SEGA is making right now.

But at least we still have the original Sonic 2 to play if they do. You can't take that away SEGA! All you can do is just try and make crappier and crappier ports of it like you did to Sonic 1 (see that... thing on the GBA as an example), but all I can do is just NOT BUY THEM! MWAHAHAHAHA!

me: 1 SEGA: 0

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Hmmmm, get Sonic 4 which will cost a lot of money for just part 1?
Or get a badass remake of Sonic 2 that is just as good if not better by 2 people that might be obtained for free...

Sega, you make me depressed.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Minus some sound issues, that looks REALLY good.

I hope it doesn't turn into 'vaporware' or whatever the fan-made equivalent is.

Denmarkian

Feb 1, 2008
Really surprised that after nearly 60 comments, no one who claims to be a Sonic Fan has yet mentioned that the ladybug robots are from Sonic 1, not Sonic 2.