Sonic Fan Project Gives Sonic 4 a Run for its Money

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This is fantastic! I only felt there were two weak spots, but even they were not totally big deals:
First, and maybe this is related to the screen size, but it looked EXTREMELY busy. It looked amazing but there seemed to be a bit of distracting elements, especially relating to robot explosions.

The only other thing were some small sound issues, like the "braking" sound when you try to stop from moving very fast, or the lack of a robot explosion sound. Likely they will be able to fix these up a little bit more before they release a demo.

Nevertheless, this is absolutely amazing, and the style is a cool combination of the cartoon-like familiar sonic world with a bit more polished HD graphics, making things like the robots look a bit shinier and allowing the background to be more complex and interesting. They did a great job!

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
If this DOES get a C&D, I wager it'll be because of people saying it looks better than Sonic 4. They shouldn't have been so opinionated on this article.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD!! this is EXACTLY what I expected from the sonic 4 team and didnt get. WHY is every other fan team doing a better job. I don't get it. I want this fan made game now, how far along are they in development and when will they be done...thats what i wanna know.

I'm just so Gobsmacked....Wow...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
WOW! That is something else, too bad they didn't work on their own game. I'm just not a fan of remakes I guess but with their talent, they could definitely start their own franchise and make it look just as neat. Plus, they will probably be shut-down anyway unless Sonic Team's brain switches on and decides to hire 'em.

Shadow-Phoenix said:
Money and good business plans seem to be on the minds of gaming companies these days and yet i feel sorry for them because they were once great game companies that gave us Mario, Sonic etc.

And now at the present all they could care about is how much money they can rake in from selling tacky glitched games or using the same game a billion times over but with a new hat or a new shiny sword which everyone seems to fall for these days its all about the cosmetics.
The painful truth. Beware! Eventually you will run into some fanboy's who will get angry for no good reason, just to tell you how easily content they are with the same shit over and over.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Looks pretty awesome, but I don't know why these guys think it's going to get anywhere near finished before it's shut down.

Which is sort of silly when you consider that usually the point of a cease and desist is so that nobody can tamper with or ruin the image of a brand. I think that has already been accomplished to an astounding degree without any interference from fans.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
I guess I'm the only one who just doesn't like this.

It's just a remake of Sonic 2, I liked it way back when but guess what, this is just going to remind you that Sonic isn't what YOU remember, because you just remeber Green Hill/ Emerald Hill.

Besides it's been spammed to all hell so I've become adverse to it.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I hate to be nit picky, but Sonic looked tiny to me. Maybe it was just my eyes, but I had trouble seeing a lot of things going on.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Oh look, some of the speed is back and all of the great music! The biggest concern with Sonic '4' is that they *still* are choosing to nerf the speed.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Okay. UNPAID FANS, people. Unpaid fans are doing better, more inspired, more imaginative, more professional work than the friggin' professionals, with a free engine I will add. I've said this dozens of times at this point, but I think THIS pretty much clinches that Sega is FIRED FROM LIFE.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
That's just stunning, leave it to the fans to do something great with an old beloved franchise. I can't see it clearly, but do I spy the old Sonic head-body ratio? Picky, I know, but the character lost it's personality when that changed IMO.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Noelveiga said:
ProjectTrinity said:
Oh look, some of the speed is back and all of the great music! The biggest concern with Sonic '4' is that they *still* are choosing to nerf the speed.
The original Sonics were slow! Gah, I hate this argument. Sonic 2 was easily the worst of the three (and I remember the reviews at the time, it WAS the worst reviewed one when it came out) because of the whole "Sonic is so fast he outruns the screen" bits. They reined in the speed in 3 out of fan backlash. But even then, 2 was still a platformer, not the "hold right to win" affair other Sonic games became after the 16 bit era.

4 so far looks like it goes just as fast as 1, 3 and CD. That's a good thing in my book.
Sonic 2 was my 2nd least favorite. Anyways, not as slow as 4. Sonic 4 has Sonic appearing 'floaty', especially when he jumps. Floaty slows him down, unless somehow it makes him the same speed as the earlier installments when he jump quickly. Anyways, please do Youtube the "hold right to win" for Sonic 3's Carnival Night. That sounds fun. lol