Sonic Goes Rainbow In Sonic Colors

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Ok, im calling it now, somehow the Chaos Gems come to life and are one eyed alien looking things.
I would like to take bets on the prediction..
Also, that tune in the video is pretty sweet.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Ok, im calling it now, somehow the Chaos Gems come to life and are one eyed alien looking things.
if they were it would be hilarious!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
John Funk said:
or, as they call it in places that spell everything with an extra "U," Sounic Colours
No, you just spell it without the u, because Americans need to have everything simplified for them. [sub]Damn Americans[/sub]
O.T. Wow, bestiality, werewolf's, and now this? I think the sonic team have gone insane.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Sonic died when they pulled his soul into 3 Dimensions. His exestential being couldn't handle the pressures of a whole new dimension, and he died

Now they just have SEGA officials wear his skin like a perverted suit and make them run around shouting "Look at me, I'm still alive!"

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
What the fuck? What the hell is that music? I could shite out something better.

'They need music for a trailer'
'Really? Sweet, what is it? Super Mario Galaxy 2 or something?'
'It's for Sonic Colours'
'...bring me my four track keyboard this'll be at most half an hour'

Fortunetly, I don't have to suffer through the kiddie themed Sonics, I don't have a Wii or a DS.

...unfortunetly this means I had to watch, tearful, while Sonic abused english and tried to get it off with a most likely underage human...

ultimateownage said:
John Funk said:
or, as they call it in places that spell everything with an extra "U," Sounic Colours
No, you just spell it without the u, because Americans need to have everything simplified for them. [sub]Damn Americans[/sub]
yeah, excuse me while I go miss-pronounce Aluminium, there were too many syilabiles you see.

itsmeyouidiot

Dec 22, 2008
I wish all of you fuckwads would stop hating on a game that hasn't fucking even been released yet.

This game has the potential to be good, like Unleashed's day stages. FUCKING RECOGNIZE IT.

Mar 16, 2009
This just strikes me as flamboyant. I hope Sir Elton John is playable in this one and not just an NPC.

itsmeyouidiot said:
I wish all of you fuckwads would stop hating on a game that hasn't fucking even been released yet.

This game has the potential to be good, like Unleashed's day stages. FUCKING RECOGNIZE IT.
When a series releases nothing but pure garbage for the past ten years, we have every right to hate on a game that hasn't been released. They showed us a trailer, and we are judging it based on the trailer. Whereas Sonic 4 we all cheered and celebrated over a 2D Sonic with no obnoxious friends, we are not going to give the same reaction to a game that looks and sounds exactly like the same one that ruined the franchise years ago.

This game no longer has the potential to be good. Sonic games no longer have the same impact they used to. At this point, it has to prove to us that it's worth playing.

lazathor

Apr 5, 2010
zombie711 said:
lets just all remember. it could be worse. it could be Shadow the Hedgehog.
i liked shadow the hedgehog, he got guns and everything, and you got to kill those blue things that annoy me so much

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Well, at least their not trying to put the hopes of the hardcore Sonic fans and then crushing their souls yet again (remember the original Sonic Unleashed hype?) in the horrid and abusive relationship that is Sonic and his fans, and instead being honest about the fact that Sonic fans are having their faces slapped with disappointment once again.

Or maybe this is a new strategy? Maybe their using 2 games, propping up hope with Sonic 4, then kicking them down with this... then having a further stab in the back by revealing that Sonic 4 also sucks!

I think I'm onto a conspiracy here D:

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
I look forward to this one. I love Secret rings,Sonic Unleashed(Wii version) and the Black Knight. So I might like this one once it's out.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
J03bot said:
It all went downhill when they changed 'Robotnik' to 'Eggman'...
Indeed. This is a good example of what I call "Wii syndrome", which is where foreign companies don't bother to check how stupid a name sounds in other languages.
There are worse name conflicts than "Wii." Considering that he has ALWAYS been Eggman in Japan since the first game in 1991, it pre-dates the silly Wii business. "Ivo Robotnik" was given to him by Sega of America for that apparent fact that Eggman would sound strange. Instead it became a nickname, mostly used by Sonic to taunt him.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
AstorSapolsky said:
This just strikes me as flamboyant. I hope Sir Elton John is playable in this one and not just an NPC.

itsmeyouidiot said:

When a series releases nothing but pure garbage for the past ten years, we have every right to hate on a game that hasn't been released. They showed us a trailer, and we are judging it based on the trailer. Whereas Sonic 4 we all cheered and celebrated over a 2D Sonic with no obnoxious friends, we are not going to give the same reaction to a game that looks and sounds exactly like the same one that ruined the franchise years ago.

This game no longer has the potential to be good. Sonic games no longer have the same impact they used to. At this point, it has to prove to us that it's worth playing.
*rubs forehead in pain* I want to agree... and disagree at the same time.

If Sonic is going to control on a 2D-only plain of movement like Sonic 4, yeah, it has some bright potential. BUT, I can feasibly doubt that on the premise that Sonic Team, and not Dimps, is developing this one.

Sonic Team has gone on record previously saying that they are tired of making Sonic Games. This, to me, and the departure of Yuji Naka several years ago is what soured their attitude. Personally, if they're so into doing more platform-based games in 3D that don't need Sonic, I think they should revisit the Burning Rangers franchise and give that another go... but NOT ON THE WII, PLEASE! The new NiGHTs game was a pale imitation of the original's greatness.

I think that and the mounting outcry by fans is what prompted to have Sonic 4 handed over to a dev team that wasn't going to ***** and whine about it.

So yeah, I agree with being pessimistic, but I think itsmeyouridiot may just be more annoyed with the fact that the absolute more pessimistic people are being the most vocal. I won't lie, I've been a Sonic fan ever since the original, but when there's a new one on the horizon, I just sit back, wait, and keep my mouth shut.

Sonic 4 will be amazing. Sonic Colors, I shall have to wait and let it speak for itself upon release.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Why does Sonic no longer move his arms while running? Did the animators get lazy or something? Why are they getting so lazy?!

At least they have a Sci-Fi plot again. I'm tired of the giant, ancient evils that keep adding nonsensical backstory to the Chaos Emeralds. One was enough.