Sonic Goes Rainbow In Sonic Colors

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
heh, it's spelt with a U in the trailer but if you go to the sega website it's not, nor is the box art XD

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, never seen a flame war based on different regional versions of how to spell a word...

OT: Never played a Sonic game, but based on their over-the-top kiddie atmosphere I doubt I ever will.

Altar

Apr 6, 2009
Oh ho ho ho, this site is amusing, people already complaining about a Sonic game from just an announcement trailer. Seriously it seems like people here only hate Sonic because he's well Sonic. Regardless. I can't really say anything about whether it will be good or not til... well I see more. (See what I did there?! Not jumping to ridiculously stupid conclusions like some of ya)

P.S: Insert the standard don't like the game, don't *gasp* look at it. Read threads about or play it if you hate it so much... but I guess that's too hard for some of you to figure out. Dun dun.

QuesoGr7

May 28, 2009
Robotik was on the English version of Sonic and Eggman was the Japanese version. He was Eggman since the beginning.

QuesoGr7

May 28, 2009
What the hell? He wasn't even in space or anything? Gosh you people ***** waaaaay too much! there wasn't even gameplay footage for godsakes.

Mario has a rainbow star "OMG thats so awesome"
Sonic has a trailer with color "WTF GAAAY"

Ah, you gotta love double standards

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
To quote a friend of mine...
"I think /b/ has taken over Sega secretly".
Which makes... so much sense.

NinjaTigerXIII

Apr 21, 2010
Sega should of learned long ago that the Sonic Franchise would never be like the Mario Francise, and no matter how crappy the game Mario fans will always buy it, but True Sonic fans won't

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
While I would rant on about how Sega can't even spell names right when said games are on the Wii, I noticed that Jack guy's post and decided to ignore that. As for the actual game, it's already got a rating? That seems awfully quick. I'm assuming we're going to see a LOT at E3 if the whole "Rating on Announcement Day" is true. As for my hopes, they're non-existent.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
RedMenace said:
John Funk said:
You have to almost admire Sega, in a way. The developers are probably as familiar with the infamous Sonic Cycle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/images/view/58849] as gamers are, so this time around they're just jumping into it: The teaser trailer for the upcoming Sonic Colors (or, as they call it in places that spell everything with an extra "U," Sounic Colours) proudly displays Sonic the Hedgehog's new friends right off the bat.
I am sorry John, but my respect for you just declined a little (not that you care). Do you honestly think that some spelling should be considered "proper" just because some country insisted on misspelling the word for several hundreds of years?

Le mi aks u dis, ya want us ol to end up spekin n ritin lik dis?

OT: Well, another Sonic game that will focus on replaying exact same 5-6 levels with multiple characters instead of simply giving us MORE levels to run through as Sonic.
It was a joke, bro. They even point out in the official Sega press release that it'll be spelled Sonic Colors over here and Sonic Colours over there.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Oh wow, people being jaded over a Sonic trailer which does not indicate what gameplay will be like.

HOW ORIGINAL. GEE I WISH I COULD BE COOL LIKE YOU GUYS.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Tenmar said:
Pegi 3?
Wow for the UK they are making Sonic even more childish...interesting is all I can say. If the rating is that low it is clear that there isn't going to even have that much going for it.
You expect violence from a Sonic game?

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
ziggybogidou said:
J03bot said:
It all went downhill when they changed 'Robotnik' to 'Eggman'...
+5 for complete agreement.
Also, I love the Bobafett.
I'm in full agreement with ALL of the above. Maybe it was meant to be a coy reference to his walrus like mustache? It didn't work.

Crystal Cuckoo said:
Oh wow, people being jaded over a Sonic trailer which does not indicate what gameplay will be like.

HOW ORIGINAL. GEE I WISH I COULD BE COOL LIKE YOU GUYS.
You need to realise that important things like gameplay need to be shown. Or as I like to say at least in regards to used cars. "admission by omission" By not revealing something critical it's as good as it confessing that it's crap.

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
GloatingSwine said:
sheic99 said:
Really, I swear she was under 18. Oh well, my mistake.
Even if she were, she's certainly not prepubescent, which is what the definition of paedophilia requires.
I don't see how since according to the official ages, Sonic is younger than Peach.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
ultimateownage said:
No, you just spell it without the u, because Americans need to have everything simplified for them. [sub]Damn Americans[/sub]
Right, because we Amurrcans is too dumb ta handle the extra 'u'...
Language changes, it's natural. I'm all for maintaining professionalism where necessary and resisting inappropriate use of slang or colloquial changes, but it seems silly to worry about a minor spelling difference. Nothing personal, just using your post as a chance to comment on this.

As for the OP, I can see why Sonic fans may be less than thrilled, but this trend of backlash is just crazy. It happens with every game it seems. Maybe it's time to stop holding the Sonic series up to such ridiculous standards? I'm not well-read on the current state of the series or its fans, so I don't know to which amazing Sonic games all these new ones are being compared, but it would seem from my objective perspective that fans should just stop being so bitter and let the games pass by like any other mediocre series. I like Sonic too. I have fond memories. Haven't played a new Sonic games since Sonic Heroes, but you won't hear me complaining. Who has the patience?