Sony Admits Private PSN Info Has Been Stolen - All Of It

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Holy shit. This is som scary shit...

I think I will go down to my bank tomorrow and change my credit card.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
This has gone from annoying to disastrous. But I'm glad they told us, even if it was a bit late. It's not sure if they new it right away. It has affected me personally, but I still have to laugh about it, it is just such an epic fail, especially with Portal 2.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Wow. You're shitting me. I guess we knew this was coming but it's still hard to believe. I feel pretty bad for all PSN members. Hopefully nothing too bad will come of this...

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Oscar90 said:
Anyone who originally blamed anonymous probably feels pretty stupid right about now.
nah look at the tread. Anyone who origninally blamed anonymous still does because all hackers are the same.

Why would a political activist group try to steal user data and credit card info? well duh because they're hackers

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Wow, some people are really losing track of the problem here and turning it into a nerdsole skirmish.
Potential is that this can happen to any service on the internet that involves monitary transactions. I'd hate to see how many attmepts Paypal has on its security on a weekly basis.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Damn! I don't have a PS3 so the whole "PSN not working" thing has just been an interesting news story to me. It sucks for the folk who're affected, but it's not the end of the world.

But now this?! Damn! And why did they feel they had to wait a week till telling people? Thats more time for whoever's behind this to cover their tracks!

Man, Sony realy dropped the ball on this one.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Xzi said:
Korten12 said:
Also everyone is saying how bad their security is when no one knows what it is but the Hackers.

For all we know it could've been increadibly hard to get into. Hackers are known to be persistant.
And despite all their persistence, all they've managed to do throughout the years to other large entities, such as Facebook or Visa or Amazon, is get a hold of the information of a few people through those services. Not the the whole fucking database. Sony is just as much to blame as the hackers here, if not more so. And the people who bought their product and used their service have every right to be mad at them for not providing the expected amount of security.
Agreed. Most of the replies i read is well the get personal info from hacking other databases but those are only small parts of it. The hackers got the WHOLE database they got everything ... let that sink in for a moment.

Both sides are in the wrong. Also the fact that it took this long for sony to come forward with the information. The hackers could have done a lot of damage in the 6 days they got the complete database.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
MattAn24 said:
Very fucking serious. So serious that if I ever discover the names of the hackers involved.. I will find them. And I will make them pay for their crimes. I have always hated malicious hackers.
I'm sure you'll have an army of incredibly pissed off people backing you up on that, I know I do. I hate malicious hackers, they have nothing better to do than to just make people miserable. They really do seem less than human if they pull shit like this.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I was a bit sad this week that I didn't have a credit card for Steam... but now with this, I'm quite glad I don't have one for PSN ^-^

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Wow... for something like this to happen in the first place? Well, you can try to secure things all you like but an intrusion is always possible. To sit on the knowledge for a week before telling anyone? That, however, is damn near inexcusable.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Xzi said:
Korten12 said:
Also everyone is saying how bad their security is when no one knows what it is but the Hackers.

For all we know it could've been increadibly hard to get into. Hackers are known to be persistant.
And despite all their persistence, all they've managed to do throughout the years to other large entities, such as Facebook or Visa or Amazon, is get a hold of the information of a few people through those services. Not the the whole fucking database. Sony is just as much to blame as the hackers here, if not more so. And the people who bought their product and used their service have every right to be mad at them for not providing the expected amount of security.
Now thats just stupid: if not more so? Really? Sorry but this would have never happened if not for the Hackers. All of this is there fault. Like I said, Sony should've had been security on this part, BUT, its the Hackers who is the center of the problem.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Captain Booyah said:
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, FANBOYS?! HAHAHAHA

Joke, joke. Seriously, this is actually pretty terrible. I don't have a PS3 myself, but plenty of my friends do.

Goddamn, hackers are just a plague unto this earth. Thousands of innocent peoples' information has been compromised all for the sake of some fuckheads at a computer either thinking "HAR HAR LET'S HACK PSN FOR SHITS N' GIGGLES" or they're doing it 'for the greater good' and proving some pathetic 'point', when in reality, they're not smart. They're not clever. They're just fuckheads.
I know this is unrelated... But I love your K. Beaton Poe's Avatar :D

Also fuck hackers. Like the hacker that got arrested in France for bragging about being a hacker on TV!

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
wooty said:
Wow, some people are really losing track of the problem here and turning it into a nerdsole skirmish.
Potential is that this can happen to any service on the internet that involves monitary transactions. I'd hate to see how many attmepts Paypal has on its security on a weekly basis.
*thinks about that for a second*

*shudders at the idea*

Yeah you have a very good point there.