Sony Admits Private PSN Info Has Been Stolen - All Of It

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Ha, way
Awexsome said:
Dorkmaster Flek said:
Awexsome said:
Good ol' hackers. Fighting for your consumer rights against the evil corporation that takes away your rights...

Oh wait they have been douchebags the whole time in this case. Nevermind. Fuck you Geohotz for probably causing all this by releasing that code. If not then you certainly encouraged it.
You mind explaining how a hack to run homebrew code on your PS3 enabled the entire security of the PSN to be compromised? Sony's horrendous security is at fault here, not hackers playing homebrew code.
The PSN was obviously prepared for stuff like this to happen before hence no massive issues like this yet.

It wasn't prepared to deal with hackers potentially having the end all be all code that jailbreaks the PS3.
PS3 owners deserve to treat their system like their PC without getting dragged into court

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Moriarty said:
Oscar90 said:
Anyone who originally blamed anonymous probably feels pretty stupid right about now.
nah look at the tread. Anyone who origninally blamed anonymous still does because all hackers are the same.

Why would a political activist group try to steal user data and credit card info? well duh because they're hackers
who ever did it is still anonymous so doesn't really change who your blaming it could be the group or some other nobody

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
I don't even own a PS3 but if I may add something for a moment:

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUCK

That really sucks. I wonder if this group (whoever broke into the system) tried to do the same to Xbox Live? Or could it be that PSN's specific setup made it more viable of a choice.

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
People are certainly quick to assume now huh. "OMG he has my card info that immediately makes him a theif and therefore anyone who is remotely related to him is bad". Come on now seriously? He was data mining for dirt on playstation. When you data mine you dont discrimnate. Odds are he has the data but wont do jack with it. They already admitted that hes a splinter ANON that wants dirt on Playstation, not on its users. He just wants the juicey hidden details on playstation.

Hell in all honesty how the f(*& do we know this isnt fake? That playstation is just using this to get people on their side through fear. Its very easy to claim someone stole data, even easier to blame anonymous for it.

Think before you cry foul people. Or you just gona let them mislead you.

Jan 27, 2011
This makes me happy that I never bought anything on PSN, and that my password is unique to PSN, and that I have not linked Steam to PSN.

I should be safe. That being said, my sympathies for anyone who got screwed by this.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Well...

shit.

EDIT: Also I was really hoping to get on soon, but this makes me want to switch to xbox more just for the online as I doubt it will be back soon :'(. Just me backlog of mainly multipayer games which are useless for now anyway.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Christ on a bike. I'm feeling for Sony right now.

Onyx Oblivion said:
I still fail to see how being hacked is Sony's fault. They got hacked. And it's not like we know the details of the security systems that were in place, either. It couldn't have been an easy hack, though.
Of course it's not Sony's fault. Anyone who says it IS their fault are simply ravid fanboys.

Oscar90 said:
Anyone who originally blamed anonymous probably feels pretty stupid right about now.
Yes, because they would never do this! They obviously have morals!

Don't kid yourself. They're scum, plain and simple.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
tony2077 said:
Moriarty said:
Oscar90 said:
nah look at the tread. Anyone who origninally blamed anonymous still does because all hackers are the same.

Why would a political activist group try to steal user data and credit card info? well duh because they're hackers
who ever did it is still anonymous so doesn't really change who your blaming it could be the group or some other nobody
Well you have to make a difference between the verb and the group. Not everyone who hides their identity visits /b and not everyone who's a regular on /b is in Anonymous.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Jazoni89 said:
Are debit cards in risk too, that's what i wanna know.
Almost definitely. I've never seen a website that takes a debit card as a debit card; everything I've used treats it as credit, which is possible -- most banks call them "check cards" now, because they haven't been purely debit based for a while.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Well shit, i really really dont need this kind of complication right now. Fuck you Sony, fuck you hard...