Sony Apologetic Over UK Price Cuts

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
At least the UK gets a price cut! Here in sweden the price is unchanged!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Ah the UK...thats what you get for not getting on the Euro bandwagon.
Bah the Euro's ony for countrys who don't have enough faces to put on there own money:p(joke)

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
To be fair. That price includes VAT.

In America a lot of places will advertise the $299 before VAT is added to the overall cost.

£250 for a PS3 sounds alright consdiering a Wii is £200 (Price went up twenty quid because of a weak pound) and the Elite, which costs £220.

My only beef is the fact the PSPgo is £230...

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
A price cut is a price cut in my eyes even if its less than our neighbours, although its nice of Sony to come out and personally apologise so kudos to them. Unless I'm missing something here... which I probably am...

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
At leasr sony apologised. I've seen other companies gouge without regret. *COUGHMSCOUGH*

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Explaining the global economic context is small comfort to us brits. Regardless of the strength of the pound, we're still having a meagre price reduction when compared to the proportion of the price being sliced off elsewhere. What makes it even more irritating that the price was effectively £280 for the last few months before the Slim was announced.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
At leasr sony apologised. I've seen other companies gouge without regret. *COUGHMSCOUGH*
Was it entirely necessary to flame another console company? Or is it just a nervous reaction?

PizzaDentist

May 6, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
oliveira8 said:
And what we save our independence, gold standard, money, cooking, and many other things that we really don't want subsidised off to Germany.

All in all, a great deal for us.
Famous British food, huh?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
oliveira8 said:
And what we save our independence, gold standard, money, cooking, and many other things that we really don't want subsidised off to Germany.

All in all, a great deal for us.
But your cooking is AWFULLL! Actually you people don't even know how to eat properly! I know a person who owns a restaurant in London and the most requested dish is fish'chips or cod fish with something, even when she can cook great portuguese dishes for a bargain! You couldn't spot good food even if it was punching you in the face!

British people have no tastes in food. The only thing close to that is a chef that curses alot and calls everyone a Donkey.

BAD FOOD I TELL YOU! JOIN THE EURO!

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
oliveira8 said:
But your cooking is AWFULLL! Actually you people don't even know how to eat properly! I know a person who owns a restaurant in London and the most requested dish is fish'chips or cod fish with something, even when she can cook great portuguese dishes for a bargain! You couldn't spot good food even if it was punching you in the face!

British people have no tastes in food. The only thing close to that is a chef that curses alot and calls everyone a Donkey.

It always amuses me whenever someone mentions british cooking they immediately claim it's all bad but i've yet to find another country who's food is all that much better. it's food, who gives a shit if it's all fancy and in small portions or spicy or in large portions or whatever. It's food not art.

Why would joining the Euro mean our food would improve? would our fish and chips taste nicer because they cost more?

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
Until the PS3 hits the same price as an Elite 360, or a few quid more, I don't think sales are going to get any higher. I would like a PS3, but funds is all that are holding me, and most likely a lot more people back. Very few buy a PS3 for ONE game.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
I pointed out the broken maths beforehand, so I was expecting an explaination here. So long for that, so I'll theorise.

It's because they can. UK is a bit richer than other countries (less so because of that twat Darling), so we can shell out a bit more than others. Regional lockout with the consoles forces us to do so a bit, and perhaps Sony can test the water with the 360 going up in price for other economic excuses reasons.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
Pendragon9 said:
Was it entirely necessary to flame another console company? Or is it just a nervous reaction?
I'm well within my rights here. You actually don't think they price gouge? You need a reality check. Besides, it's no use defending a company that couldn't give a crap either way. Now, when they offer to fix my broken computer at a pricer lower than the cost of a 2006 PS3, then I'll rethink my statement.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Nerf Ninja said:
Pendragon9 said:
I'm well within my rights here. You actually don't think they price gouge? You need a reality check. Besides, it's no use defending a company that couldn't give a crap either way. Now, when they offer to fix my broken computer at a pricer lower than the cost of a 2006 PS3, then I'll rethink my statement.
I know they price gouge, I was asking if it was necessary not if they do it.

I was under the impression that flaming, whilst tolerated was frowned upon here.

Actually I just checked the rules. It's not tolerated.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
oliveira8 said:

It always amuses me whenever someone mentions british cooking they immediately claim it's all bad but i've yet to find another country who's food is all that much better. it's food, who gives a shit if it's all fancy and in small portions or spicy or in large portions or whatever. It's food not art.

Why would joining the Euro mean our food would improve? would our fish and chips taste nicer because they cost more?
There's a difference betewen good and fancy food. And there is neither in the UK. Mhahhaha!

And while the Euro made things here more expensive compared to Escudos(The old coin in Portugal) you got more money in larger quantiteis without knowing.