Sony Apologetic Over UK Price Cuts

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
A price cut is still a price cut, and that's a good thing, that's 50 smackaroos, so one new game.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
And what we save our independence,
No such a thing these days.

What's the advantage...?

British cooking you're talking about...

and many other things that we really don't want subsidised off to Germany.
Rather off the US?

...Sorry, really had to.

skelebull

Sep 10, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Ah the UK...thats what you get for not getting on the Euro bandwagon.
And what we save our independence, gold standard, money, cooking, and many other things that we really don't want subsidised off to Germany.

All in all, a great deal for us.
That's why the Brits lost their car industry? Aston Martin, Jaguar and Mini Cooper are all owned by German car companies :)
As for cooking... I've traveled a lot and I can safely say that the british cuisine is worse than the american one. At least the Americans can cook a very nice steak.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
It occurs to me that whilst we are in the midst of an economic downturn where shops are so desperate to get money in the tills they are pimping out there staff for sexual favours that Sony have no concept of any fiscal reality.

What you do in a this climate is pile it high sell it cheap and pray to whatever gods you believe in you make your margins. But lets not forget Japan is out of the recession so who cares about the rest of the world. I often wondered why in every Anime I have ever seen Japan rules the worlds Economy.

The answer its Sony's marketing strategy!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
skelebull said:
As for cooking... I've traveled a lot and I can safely say that the british cuisine is worse in my opinion than the american one. At least the Americans can cook a very nice steak.
Fixed. I've had American roast dinner and it didn't so much as hold a candle to the stuff I can get readily in England.

Tastebuds are different. What's "worse" for you is delectable to someone else.

skelebull

Sep 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
skelebull said:
As for cooking... I've traveled a lot and I can safely say that the british cuisine is worse in my opinion than the american one. At least the Americans can cook a very nice steak.
Fixed. I've had American roast dinner and it didn't so much as hold a candle to the stuff I can get readily in England.

Why would you compare a british roast dinner from the USA and a british roast dinner from britain :/? As for "in my opinion", I thought it was assumed that it was my opinion when I used the term "I can safely say" instead of saying "It is".

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
skelebull said:
Amnestic said:
skelebull said:

Why would you compare a british roast dinner from the USA and a british roast dinner from britain :/? As for "in my opinion", I thought it was assumed that it was my opinion when I used the term "I can safely say" instead of saying "It is".
Why would you compare an American Steak from the US to an American steak in Britain?

Same question. Besides, considering how much a of fuss the Americans make over their roast turkeys at Thanksgiving, it's not as if you haven't had enough practise at doing massive roasts.

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
I'll just wait for the cheap'o PS3 to come out in a few years. This doesn't help Sony, I guess, but then again I'm not in it for them!

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
oliveira8 said:
Ah the UK...thats what you get for not getting on the Euro bandwagon.
And what we save our independence, gold standard, money, cooking, and many other things that we really don't want subsidised off to Germany.

All in all, a great deal for us.
Though of course we outsource all those things to India anyway.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Andronicus said:
FinalGamer said:
It's official. Sony fucking hate the UK. I knew it, my grudge was not in vain, they actually hate us, I thought it was Europe but oh no, it's us.
Quit your complaining; the ENTIRE GAMES INDUSTRY hates Australia.
Bugger, touche indeed, you poor dingos.