Sony Apologetic Over UK Price Cuts

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
oliveira8 said:
It's a type of Egg custard tart but when compared they taste completly different.It's the Portuguese version of the Egg Custard Tart and it's unique to Portuguese bakery. But the shop I mentioned does really make the best Pasteis de Nata(Is what we call them.) in the world. And it's the only one to hold the so called "secret recipie". They even have a thingie on display to prove it they are the masters of it.
Eating one is like having a party inside your mouth. They soo good...even better if they freshly made cause they all warm and feel "fuzzy"...and with cinnamon on top...HMMMMMM I'm hungry now.

They be selling them for almost 200 years.

Some Wikipedia knowlodge:

Pastel de Nata is a type of egg tart found throughout Portugals pastry shops or cafes.

It is believed that it was created before the 18th century by Catholic Monks at the Jeronimos Monastery of Belem, in Lisbon . The Casa Pasteis de Belem in Lisbon was the first place outside the convent selling the original creamy dessert, after the monastery was closed in 1820, and there they are called Pasteis de Belem, after the name of the area and its famous bakery. Since 1837, locals have gone there to get them warm out of the oven and sprinkled with the cinnamon and powdered sugar. These are very popular, with tourists waiting in excess of 3 hours for them.
Well that sounds dang tasty! You win on the custard tart round :)

Edit: Just did a google search for Portuguese restaurants in Birmingham, know what I got? Nandos >:/

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
Yeah, that's funny. Berate me while you go completely off topic. That's smart. Besides, why don't you read my posts first? I don't believe I even mentioned the 360. Just Microsoft. And considering their junk you call Windows broke down, leaving me with onlya Ps3 to type this all out, they deserve every nasty remark.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Yeah, that's funny. Berate me while you go completely off topic. That's smart. Besides, why don't you read my posts first? I don't believe I even mentioned the 360. Just Microsoft. And considering their junk you call Windows broke down, leaving me with onlya Ps3 to type this all out, they deserve every nasty remark.
Berate you?

You don't see that mentioning Microsoft in a thread about The playstation 3 would include the Xbox?

My computer had to be completely reinstalled a couple of weeks ago I don't act all betrayed and hurt because of this. I'm sorry your computer is broke I really am and the fact it would cost so much to repair is frankly out of order but it's not a good enough reason to flame microsoft.

I've already apologised within one of my posts for derailing the thread and I shall apologise directly to you for it, I am sorry that my posts about food has ruined your enjoyment of this forum.

Flaming on either side doesn't help in any way.

I don't personally believe I am flaming you but if I am I apologise again and perhaps it would be best if no more was said on the matter. Of course I shall accept any response you may have but I'll probably refrain from replying as It's getting late anyway and it's not like we could change each others minds.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
oliveira8 said:
Nerf Ninja said:
oliveira8 said:
There's a difference betewen good and fancy food. And there is neither in the UK. Mhahhaha!

And while the Euro made things here more expensive compared to Escudos(The old coin in Portugal) you got more money in larger quantiteis without knowing.
I just googled Portuguese food. looks very tasty, and apparently you influencd shrimp tempura for the Japanese so you get my thanks for that, but I still don't see it as being anything better than English food. I love non English food but to me it's just food I don't play favourites.

There is a difference between badly cooked food and bad food.
It's usually a big cultural change for the rest of Europe to go to England and see that there's really nothing outstanding in the food department.
It's a big cultural change for Swedes to go to England and see that?

Aren't you really just talking about *southern* Europe here?

Besides--all Britain wants from Portugal is fortified wine and troops to fight in the Peninsular War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Treaty_of_1373
Yeah I was talking only about Souther Europe cause I never visited beyond Germany or nordic lands. I won't talk about something I don't know a single thing about.

Also you forgot that the part where they stole all our discovered lands and then said they made an Empire. Pffff...Thieves. WORSE ALLIANCE EVER! ANd it's also one of the oldest(if not the oldest) alliances still in active believe it or not. Which is weird.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
Mind you this has happened MANY times before. Anything related to their products always dies on me. Yet people claim Sony are the bad guys despite this. Onca agin, I'm not saying this to defend anything, least of all some faceless group that doesn't care, but the sheer ignorance within is why I'm not too happy with the Escapist members. If I said they enjoy hopping on the hate wagon, it would be an understatement. And of course, for the flaming argument, it would only be flaming if it wasn't true. But the error screen on my comp is quite real, thank you very much.

Feb 13, 2008
PizzaDentist said:
Famous British food, huh?
Like Apple Pie, Curry and Mushy Peas :)

Cheeze_Pavilion said:
Besides--all Britain wants from Portugal is fortified wine and troops to fight in the Peninsular War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Treaty_of_1373
And cork.
And piri-piri sauce.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
FinalGamer said:
It's official. Sony fucking hate the UK. I knew it, my grudge was not in vain, they actually hate us, I thought it was Europe but oh no, it's us.
Quit your complaining; the ENTIRE GAMES INDUSTRY hates Australia.

I wouldn't be suprised if the price cut in Australia as is being reported was all just a big misunderstanding...

Sony Marketing Official: Ohhh-kay, the price cuts have all been reported, in America, the UK...
Sony Executive: Hehe, and theirs is just 50 pounds off, like I said?
Marketing Official: Of course sir. Now we've only just reported the price cut for Australia, but I was wondering, do we really need to cut the price in Europe by...
Executive: Hang on, what was that you just said?
Marketing Official: Umm, well I think we could probably squeeze a few more Euros out of...
Executive: No, what was that other thing you said, about... that place. You know, with all the dumb people and the big rock.
Marketing official: ...
Executive: ...
Marketing Official: ... Australia?
Executive: That's the one! I didn't order a price cut down there! But... but, this is terrible! Fix this immediately!
Marketing Official: Of course sir, right away sir.
Executive: In fact, charge them more. If they get too loud, just say that it's a special premium.
Marketing Official: What for?
Executive: Hmm, what?
Marketing offical: What will I say the premium is for?
Executive: Oh, it doesn't really matter. They're Australians, they'll have enough trouble finding their own wallets without worrying about a silly thing like logic. Now get out, I have to practice my evil cackle.
Marketing official: Of course sir.
Executive: Muahahahah...

Yeah, it would go something like that /\

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
"but within the current regiment we have right now we have done as much as we are able to."

Forgive me for being rude but...
Bollocks you filthy lieing money grubbing twat.

It's widely and well known that when it comes to the UK companies will try anything they can to get that little extra more out of us. It seems to a be a game, how much extra can we charge the English before they notice.
I've payed double what Americans pay for games. And get them late. And sometimes don't get them at all if they are deemed too violent for me, as an adult, to be able to responsibly enjoy.

Now tell me you are being hardly done by.

EDIT: Although it looks serious, this post is mildly tongue in cheek ;)

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Andronicus said:
FinalGamer said:
It's official. Sony fucking hate the UK. I knew it, my grudge was not in vain, they actually hate us, I thought it was Europe but oh no, it's us.
Quit your complaining; the ENTIRE GAMES INDUSTRY hates Australia.

I wouldn't be suprised if the price cut in Australia as is being reported was all just a big misunderstanding...

Sony Marketing Official: Ohhh-kay, the price cuts have all been reported, in America, the UK...
Sony Executive: Hehe, and theirs is just 50 pounds off, like I said?
Marketing Official: Of course sir. Now we've only just reported the price cut for Australia, but I was wondering, do we really need to cut the price in Europe by...
Executive: Hang on, what was that you just said?
Marketing Official: Umm, well I think we could probably squeeze a few more Euros out of...
Executive: No, what was that other thing you said, about... that place. You know, with all the dumb people and the big rock.
Marketing official: ...
Executive: ...
Marketing Official: ... Australia?
Executive: That's the one! I didn't order a price cut down there! But... but, this is terrible! Fix this immediately!
Marketing Official: Of course sir, right away sir.
Executive: In fact, charge them more. If they get too loud, just say that it's a special premium.
Marketing Official: What for?
Executive: Hmm, what?
Marketing offical: What will I say the premium is for?
Executive: Oh, it doesn't really matter. They're Australians, they'll have enough trouble finding their own wallets without worrying about a silly thing like logic. Now get out, I have to practice my evil cackle.
Marketing official: Of course sir.
Executive: Muahahahah...

Yeah, it would go something like that /\
LMAO! Funniest thing i've read all day!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Still, it's not that bad, it's still getting a price cut and £50 is a brand new game or 2/3 platinum titles, that's still pretty good.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Feh, Sony cuts the price, and people still complain. Yeah they didn't cut the price the same everywhere, but that's because the economy isn't the same everywhere either. And yeah, all corporations charge the most they think they can get away with welcome to the world people. Get over it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
Okay I rescind 'English' and replace it with 'Anyone not American'.

Although, at the end of 2008 some of the 'Blockbuster' titles were selling in the UK for £50-£55, the equivalent of nearly $120, or $140Aus...

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
nicole1207 said:
Um... £250 is not that much. People should stop bitching about it and just get a job... damn hippies.
Have you actually tried to get a job in this country recently? Believe me, there are a lot of people out there right now that would really love to have a job right now, but just can't, given the number of jobs that are actually available at the moment.

Still, I suppose if you're a student and don't think £250 is "not that much" you can't be doing that bad....

Spygon

May 16, 2009
what with the lets rip off the uk trend at the moment.Also if another company say "its because the pound has dropped lately" yes we know it dropped and it would make sense if it was a lot cheaper than in europe when the pound was strong.Come on the GBP is still one of strongest currencys in the world.Stop making bullshit excuses and stop trying to screw us.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Armitage Shanks said:
Okay I rescind 'English' and replace it with 'Anyone not American'.

Although, at the end of 2008 some of the 'Blockbuster' titles were selling in the UK for £50-£55, the equivalent of nearly $120, or $140Aus...
Yeah, I think its fair to say a lot of us are being gouged somewhat.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
MarsProbe said:
nicole1207 said:
Um... £250 is not that much. People should stop bitching about it and just get a job... damn hippies.
Have you actually tried to get a job in this country recently? Believe me, there are a lot of people out there right now that would really love to have a job right now, but just can't, given the number of jobs that are actually available at the moment.

Still, I suppose if you're a student and don't think £250 is "not that much" you can't be doing that bad....
Ok firstly, I don't have a job, so I come into that category. I am also not a student anymore.
Secondly, they don't lower the prices of electricity because people whine that they can't afford it, and that's a necessity. No one needs a PS3, it's a luxury item. I'd like a 360, but I don't moan that Microsoft should drop the price to £10 because I'm poor.
Thirdly, it was just a joke, hence the 'damn hippies'.