Sony Has a Secret to Tell in Three Weeks

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
They are going to bring out Bobby Kotick and have Japanese schoolgirls light fire to him and feed the charred cinders to a baying crowd.

for reals.....

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Sony, -50 points on marketing.

at least Bioware did something creative and kept people guessing/talking about the scientific information relating to a certain game instead of dropping the ball in one go.

shame on you Sony, shame on you.

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
I've been gaming since Sonic the Hedgehog first came out. What the fuck is the VGA?

As far as speculating goes, I just hope it isn't another FPS/TPS.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Xersues said:
My guess is its Mass Effect 3.

Since we already know about Resistance 3, Portal 2, Twisted Metal, etc.

I am really hoping its something new however. I'm with Yahtzee in being really sick of sequels.

...Mass Effect 3?

Not only is it a microsoft game, but this secret is a "PS3 exclusive". Somewhat unlikely.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Uncharted 3 ?
New Jak and Daxter ?
Agent ?
LPB2 ?
4OD on the PS3 ?
orrr ... a new software update ! YEAH WOOO YEAH ! and we can all agree it will be some sweet sweet software.

Hmmm theyre basically teasing us now so we should all look uninterested ... cough.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Jak and Daxter! Please be another Jak and Daxter!
This. So much this.

I would rather there not be another uncharted game for more Jak and Daxter. Its been long enough, I need my favorite ottsel back!

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I'm tired of people announcing announcements, Im not going to hold my breath just to hear about a game thats probably not going to come out until 2 or 3 years later.

Coliumbos

Mar 15, 2010
I'd lol if it was 'Oh, we've brought (X company which got Y award)'. Or 'Oh yeah, the Awards is ours, bitches, we brought them'....

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
WrongSprite said:
...Mass Effect 3?

Not only is it a microsoft game, but this secret is a "PS3 exclusive". Somewhat unlikely.
Might want to check your sources. Mass Effect 1 was only Published by Microsoft, Mass Effect 2 was published by EA with Microsoft owning absolutely no exclusivity rights. Mass Effect 3 it is doubly true.

Mass Effect 3 is in no way a "Microsoft game".

Though true, ME3 is very very unlikely to be PS3 "exclusive".

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Subzerowings said:
Here's a question: "Why do the VGA's exist?"
Seriously, who thought this was going to be a good idea?
Do gamers even watch it?
Is there a purpose to try and lure some gamers to watch that award show just so they can see someting one day early?
I know people have different tastes, but I honestly want to know what kind of gamers watch this.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just seems wrong.

Whatever will be announced, I hope one of them will be PC related (that could be a multi-platform game).
It's called entertainment-journalism. It's all part of the gametrailers.com, MTV media conglomerate that makes money off the interest surrounding video games, though mainly from a populist angle.

Escapist isn't much different, just more low key and more looking for the alternate perspective.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
The VGA awards are such crap that caters to fratboys who play nothing but Call of Duty and Halo and other "manly" games. Like virtually everyone else in the world who doesn't fall into this specific group of "gamer", I wish companies wouldn't announce their new games at such a vapid gathering of man children whose definition of mature is "how many heads can I shoot in this game". Hell, even most of the people who fall into the casual CoD/Halo/GTA player catagory can't stand the VGAs either. Such a show is just an insult to everyone's intelligence to sit through.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
BioWare said that they'll announce their new game on same day.

You have failed me for the last time /forcechoke

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Treblaine said:

Oh please god... gameplay reveal... oh sweet jesus, let it be so!
Triple Ninja'd by all the other posts, I nearly completely forgot about that project Rockstar is doing.

But we'll just have to wait and see...

Subzerowings said:
Here's a question: "Why do the VGA's exist?"
Seriously, who thought this was going to be a good idea?
Do gamers even watch it?
Is there a purpose to try and lure some gamers to watch that award show just so they can see someting one day early?
I know people have different tastes, but I honestly want to know what kind of gamers watch this.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just seems wrong.

Whatever will be announced, I hope one of them will be PC related (that could be a multi-platform game).
It's a shame 'cause video games do deserve something along the lines of the Oscars only for games. I guess this is the best we've got so far...

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
the only game that I would be excited for is highly unlikely to be what they are hiding. I'm still wanting a new Breath of Fire sequel. They really need to bring back more old skool RPG's. It bothers me they haven't even touched on them yet....apart from Final Fantasy.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Oh please don't tell us Kevin Butler was replaced as VP. Or he got fired due to downsizing. Although his ideas are bold and cutting edge, every company needs a wild card.

Jun 7, 2010
Please oh please be

A) jak and daxter
B) Legacy of kain
C) Hitman 5
D) Ghosthunter 2
E) All of the above in an orange box style package.

or maybe the bioware thing and this are the same thing.