Shale_Dirk

Mar 23, 2010
New higher-powered model PS3
PS4
PSP2/PS phone
combined navigation controller/second motion control for Move
New Elder Scrolls being Move compatible w/ above super controller
Steam on PS3

Y'all are stuck in software mode. Sony's got alot of hardware they haven't officially announced.

Also, Sony has been looking into a hardware mod for backwards compatibility. That means it's likely not possible without this new hardware piece. An announcement about that though would probably not be in Sony's best interests though, because it will cause people to ask more questions about why they didn't think ahead and just make every PS3 backwards compatible.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103456-Sony-Files-Patent-for-Backwards-Compatible-PS3-Add-on

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Treblaine said:
WrongSprite said:
...Mass Effect 3?

Not only is it a microsoft game, but this secret is a "PS3 exclusive". Somewhat unlikely.
Might want to check your sources. Mass Effect 1 was only Published by Microsoft, Mass Effect 2 was published by EA with Microsoft owning absolutely no exclusivity rights. Mass Effect 3 it is doubly true.

Mass Effect 3 is in no way a "Microsoft game".

Though true, ME3 is very very unlikely to be PS3 "exclusive".
That damn well better not happen, or they'd have a riot on their hands. I'm calling this the least likely possibility considered thus far.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
kouriichi said:
Sony: "We have an announcement to make. We are finally releasing games for the PS3~!"

*snicker snicker* I hope it is something huge. I bought my PS3 a while ago, and ive been waiting for a game to come along and blow me out of the water.

Dont get me wrong, they system is nice and everything, but most of its games fall to the multi-console games. What i mean is, Killzone 2 was fun, but it just wasnt as addicting as CoD. And MGS4 had an amazing single player ((though way to many cutscenes)), but the multiplayer to it was just..... aweful..... ugh.... Like a bad Kane and Lynch 2.

The PS3 needs something that will completely dominate the market.
Do you even have a PS3?

Uncharted? Especially Uncharted 2's multiplayer. And MAG, 256 player maps. Resistance, oh tell me you haven't skipped Resistance 1 or 2. Warhawk, featured on many a top-ten list, SOCOM always loved by the purists. Killzone is very different from Halo but they are certainly competitive on the multiplayer front, not to mention having absolutely magnificent presentation.

Don't know why you bring up COD, that's multi-platform. Same difference either way. And why does it all have to be about the multiplayer, you can't have much narrative storytelling with pure multiplayer, what about Infamous, Littlebigplanet, God of War 3 & the HD Collection. Did you miss Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, Wipeout HD Fury, Demon's Souls and Motorstorm?

Thing is there are just so many MORE exclusives for PS3, it seems unfair to compare with xbox 360 most of the time. And as to multi-platforms titles they are almost always better on PC, in fact most "xbox titles" are best on PC.

Edsabre

Nov 16, 2010
Gotta be Uncharted 3 or some other sequel. If it was a new IP, it might actually be interesting.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Xersues said:
My guess is its Mass Effect 3.
Really, an exclusive? Think harder.

My guess is it's Agent. And since it's supposedly set in Cold War and it's about spies that means I'll have to buy a PS3. That's just great!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Treblaine said:
kouriichi said:
Sony: "We have an announcement to make. We are finally releasing games for the PS3~!"

*snicker snicker* I hope it is something huge. I bought my PS3 a while ago, and ive been waiting for a game to come along and blow me out of the water.

Dont get me wrong, they system is nice and everything, but most of its games fall to the multi-console games. What i mean is, Killzone 2 was fun, but it just wasnt as addicting as CoD. And MGS4 had an amazing single player ((though way to many cutscenes)), but the multiplayer to it was just..... aweful..... ugh.... Like a bad Kane and Lynch 2.

Do you even have a PS3?

Uncharted? Especially Uncharted 2's multiplayer. And MAG, 256 player maps. Resistance, oh tell me you haven't skipped Resistance 1 or 2. Warhawk, featured on many a top-ten list, SOCOM always loved by the purists. Killzone is very different from Halo but they are certainly competitive on the multiplayer front, not to mention having absolutely magnificent presentation.

Don't know why you bring up COD, that's multi-platform. Same difference either way. And why does it all have to be about the multiplayer, you can't have much narrative storytelling with pure multiplayer, what about Infamous, Littlebigplanet, God of War 3 & the HD Collection. Did you miss Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, Wipeout HD Fury, Demon's Souls and Motorstorm?

Thing is there are just so many MORE exclusives for PS3, it seems unfair to compare with xbox 360 most of the time. And as to multi-platforms titles they are almost always better on PC, in fact most "xbox titles" are best on PC.
Yes, as i said, i purchased a PS3, and own several games from it. Uncharted is fun, but the multiplayer is honestly no better tehn GoW, which i dont even play anymore. Its just not an addicting game.
I rented both Resistance games, and i didnt care for them. They were fun, but not worth purchasing. ((whoops. My bad. Edit))
I liked killzone, and i bought it. I was a fan of the first one. But it just wasnt there for me. It felt sluggish. Like BF Bad Company 2.
Ratchet & Clank was a game i wish died out long ago.
Little Big Planet got boring really quick. And i mean REALLY quick. Yes, theres constantly new maps to download, but in the end, all it is is platforming.
Demon's Souls is one of the few games i play on my PS3 alot. But the problem is the replayability to it. After youve gone through it 4 times its lost its wonder.
I didnt like Infamous, i thought Prototype was alot more fun.
And MAG just completely fell short. It was everything i needed in an FPS, but it just wasnt the game i wanted. It fell short of CoD.

As i said, i have a PS3, and own half a dozen games for it ((and rented almost every other one)), but its just not there to me. It doesnt have that addicting factor. Most of its best games are singleplayer games. And those only last so long.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
kouriichi said:
Treblaine said:
kouriichi said:

Do you even have a PS3?

Yes, as i said, i purchased a PS3, and own several games from it. Uncharted is fun, but the multiplayer is honestly no better tehn GoW, which i dont even play anymore. Its just not an addicting game.
I rented both Resistance games, and i didnt care for them. They were fun, but not worth purchasing. ((whoops. My bad. Edit))
I liked killzone, and i bought it. I was a fan of the first one. But it just wasnt there for me. It felt sluggish. Like BF Bad Company 2.
Little Big Planet got boring really quick. And i mean REALLY quick. Yes, theres constantly new maps to download, but in the end, all it is is platforming.
Demon's Souls is one of the few games i play on my PS3 alot. But the problem is the replayability to it. After youve gone through it 4 times its lost its wonder.
And MAG just completely fell short. It was everything i needed in an FPS, but it just wasnt the game i wanted. It fell short of CoD.

As i said, i have a PS3, and own half a dozen games for it ((and rented almost every other one)), but its just not there to me. It doesnt have that addicting factor. Most of its best games are singleplayer games. And those only last so long.
So you've come from saying PS3 has no games to writing a couple paragraphs of exceptions and excuses. I hear this all the time with PS3, you know why? Because Microsoft has a multi BILLION dollar marketing budget that utterly eclipses Sony, and you know... it works. MS does an incredibly effective job of leaving the impression they has so many more great games than PS3 when it doesn't stand up to the real world.

But after all you've said if you're not that interested with what PS3 has to offer then I'd give up on console gaming in general. Xbox 360's offerings are even thinner on the ground (not to mention what an incredible rehash Halo has been on 360).

Multiplat like Prototype, CoD, Bioshock and so on are best on PC.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Treblaine said:
kouriichi said:
Treblaine said:
kouriichi said:

Do you even have a PS3?

So you've come from saying PS3 has no games to writing a couple paragraphs of exceptions and excuses. I hear this all the time with PS3, you know why? Because Microsoft has a multi BILLION dollar marketing budget that utterly eclipses Sony, and you know... it works. MS does an incredibly effective job of leaving the impression they has so many more great games than PS3 when it doesn't stand up to the real world.

But after all you've said if you're not that interested with what PS3 has to offer then I'd give up on console gaming in general. Xbox 360's offerings are even thinner on the ground (not to mention what an incredible rehash Halo has been on 360).

Multiplat like Prototype, CoD, Bioshock and so on are best on PC.
Ok fanboy. First off, the "Were releasing games for the playstation" thing, was a joke.

Next off, as i said, it has games, but none half as addicting as the Multiplatform games, such as CoD or prototype.

Im not saying the 360 is better. I never did. Im saying it doesnt have any games with great replay ability. The system itself is solid, but the support for it falls short. I own a PS3, and half a dozen games to it. I also own a Wii, a 360, a gaming computer that can run any game out there 3 times over, and half the systems to be released in the past 10.

As i said, "Dont get me wrong, they system is nice and everything, but most of its games fall to the multi-console games. The PS3 needs something that will completely dominate the market."

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
CTU_Loscombe said:
Ekim Takusan said:
They are finally going to make the PS3 backwards compatible? But, that is just my guess, and possibly my greatest hope. So that way I don't have to spend more money to play a game I alreay own for PS/PS2.
^^ This ^^

Ive got a box full of PS2 games I cant play but are too scratched to sell. Although I'd also love the reveal to be a completely new IP. Or Uncharted 3......Or Agent..................Actually, scratch all those. New Jet-Set Radio and Chu Chu fucking Rocket!
Chu Chu will make you lose friends online I swear
i have one of the old 60 gigs, and let me tell you one nice little treat, i have a few games that are too scratched to play on my ps2 that will play on my ps3

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
kouriichi said:
Ok fanboy. First off, the "Were releasing games for the playstation" thing, was a joke.

Next off, as i said, it has games, but none half as addicting as the Multiplatform games, such as CoD or prototype.

Im not saying the 360 is better. I never did. Im saying it doesnt have any games with great replay ability. The system itself is solid, but the support for it falls short. I own a PS3, and half a dozen games to it. I also own a Wii, a 360, a gaming computer that can run any game out there 3 times over, and half the systems to be released in the past 10.

As i said, "Dont get me wrong, they system is nice and everything, but most of its games fall to the multi-console games. The PS3 needs something that will completely dominate the market."
Sorry, it just really bugs me when people still have snide remarks for PS3 being short on games when Sony is investing billions into developing games, in contrast to Microsoft who's cutting studios left right and centre yet spending record breaking sums on marketing. They aren't trying to succeed by being the best, just by media saturation.

I mean what they did to Ensemble Studios, and how they have mishandled Rare to the point of the company being creatively worthless. They seem happier just to announced temporary-exclusive of over-priced DLC map packs (CoD Blops - that they got effectively by a straight up anti-competition bribe) than games they have funded to make that would otherwise not have been made.

Sure, Sony has that Kevin Butler, very short and cutting but he is NOTHING compared to 2-3 Microsoft-focused ads you'll find in just a single prime-time ad-break, even for multi-plat games they are advertised almost as if they are 360-exclusives. That's saturation that gets into your thought-processes, everywhere you've got Xbox on the brain, you can't think about most multi-plat games without associating them with 360. Kinect is EVERYWHERE, yet there is so little to it.

When so many studios are struggling and failing yet Microsoft is buying Xbox popularity by taking credit in the popular eye through mass marketing, that just is wrong on so many levels. I'm not saying a company can't market themselves but this is just taking it too far.

The bottom line is Sony has invested HUGE sums in studios, most working on new or fledgling IPs at great risk in the pursuit of innovation. It's got the breadth, depth and quality that I expected with 360 when I foolishly bought one on "reputation" only to realise how little there was to it.

I'm not sure how you can value Gears of War over Uncharted 2, even just on the multiplayer front. I mean is the novelty of chainsaw bayonets REALLY that enduring? I think it's more a by-product of Microsoft's mass marketing, even if the marketing alone hasn't convinced you it's duped the masses and you want to go with what your friends play.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
WHY! WHY!? Why are they building up so much hype for so many things.
It's a damn award show, not E-freakin'-3!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Treblaine said:
GoW was a fun game. Its one of the few 3rd person shooters ive ever enjoyed. Im not saying Uncharted 2 wasnt a great game. It just didnt stick. Ive never had a friend ((on a list of 40)) ask me, "Hey dude, wanna play some Uncharted?"

Everyone i know who has a PS3 owns it, but no one really plays it. As a single player game, its great, but the multiplayer just didnt have that same addictiveness. And it wasnt only the chainsaw guns mounted guns that kept the game going. It was the sheer stupidity that made the game great. Running up to someone and pulling the trigger on your shotgun, turning them into nothing but gibbs and red mist. It just has that, "OH SH*T" factor that uncharted just doesnt have. You get4 kills in a row in GoW, and you feel like king of the meatbags. ((because thats basically all you are))
Uncharted was a fun game, it ((much like 8 track tapes)) was surpassed by bigger, better things.

To sum up all my posts, the PS3 needs to have a game to stand on. A game that says "Yes! I need to go out and purchase a PS3 for this game alone!". Much like what Monster Hunter Tri did for the Wii. ((for me and a large sum of japanese atleast))

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
xyrafhoan said:
The VGA awards are such crap that caters to fratboys who play nothing but Call of Duty and Halo and other "manly" games.
Which is funny because I think the only people who actually watch the channel are male tweens. They're the one's who buy all the energy drinks that sponsor the show.

I'm just worried about what Sony is going to do to the ps3 next.
At first they worried me because the thing got crappy support.
But now they worry me because lately they've been taken away features. The only thing I remember them recently adding was Plus: where you pay for discounts you used to get for free.

So I'm expecting lame news about us getting the "opportunity" to pay for on-line, losing the web browser (which is pretty useless to begin with), or the "opportunity" to buy ps2 games on psn: the reason we will never see backwards compatibility on a sony console again. Or they could give us the name of an "exclusive game" that we will never hear a word about again.

Del Toro's RPG sounds cool though.