Sony Lifts One to Michael in Awesome PS3 Ad

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
That's a fucking awesome advert. Well played Sony. Well played indeed.

Narfo

May 26, 2009
This ad was so awesome, it gave me chills.
I'm not trying to be cute. I actually got chills down my spine.
Well done, Sony.

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
Brilliant ad! Well-done crossovers give me the warm fuzzies. Also, the costumes were great.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
That was hands down the best commercial ever made for Sony. whoever marketing team was behind this , major kudos to them.

I love the fact that they didn't limit the characters to Sony exclusives games , seeing Snake and Issac in this one was great.

that , and the fact that they brought the original voice actors of most of the characters in this one. ^^

oh yeah , and this commercial is full of easter eggs , some of them are amusing to find.

Tirnor

Sep 3, 2009
Mistermixmaster said:
This ad seriously made me cry... the hell is that all about?!

Great ad Sony, bloody great ad.
Seconded. Brought a tear to my eye.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
The tragic part is my ps3 just died when dark souls froze. The little eye wont read discs and is actually broken not just dirty. So if you were wondering how hard dark souls is well just playing it requires 2-3 weeks of repairs.

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
Wow I can't seem to stop watching it. Full of Win. Well done to the marketing team that made this. Sony must be jumping for joy.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Kapol said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Michael was juwst being added to the wall that contained many pistures of other gamers.
Random berk said:
I spotted Drake, Isaac Clarke, Snake, Agent 47, Chell, Sackboy, Ghost, Ezio, a little sister, well, as many characters as a gamer should be expected to recognise, even though I haven't played half the games shown. There are some characters I'd like to have seen. A Lancer among the weapons at the door, Garrus reminiscing about himself and 'Michael' holding off waves of mercs on Omega, Jack Marston drowning his sorrows at the bar, etc.

Were those Helghast at the back, with the glowing eyes?
Lancer is from Gears which is Xbox exclusive

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Jeremiah Parker said:
No one has mentioned Parappa, I'm sad. (I'll let you all look for it.)
I saw him! Though just a picture.

When they first walked into the room the first thing that came into my head was that bar scene from "Inglorious Basterds" now a videogame version of that would be awesome.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
I cannot express how freaking awesome this commercial is. Grinned from ear to ear the whole ad.

My fanboyism is acting up. 47, Ezio, AND Old Snake in the same room? No world, physical or virtual, can contain so much awesomeness in the same room.

I see Cole McGrath, Chell(1:15), Old Snake, Agent 47, Isaac Clark, Little Sister, Ezio, nameless ISA dude, many Helghast, a Chimera, Lightning, Kratos, Nathan Drake, Rachet, and a Sackboy. The soldier guys remind me of American soldiers in Resistance 1 and 2, but that could easily be CoD.

I've never seen actually GOOD live action representations of game characters until this, but most of these are PERFECT. Even got mannerism right, Nathan Drake flirting, 47 kind of sulking in a corner. Brillant.

purifico said:
Garrus does not have time to waste in bars - he's calibrating.
You, sir, have won.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Thank god it was michael and not me

****************in the PC Gameclub************
Nwabudike Morgan: Where'd you get those scars?
The Courier: Decapitation wounds, Topher wont let me wear helmets, so Ive lost my head to legions and raiders.

Miranda Lawson: Topher got you too? I asked him to help me save my little sister and not only did he refuse, but would side with jack just to see me mad.

Kyle Katarn: I was on a quest to save the Valley of the Jedi, and he abandons my ashes on Nar Shadda.

Rhodok Commander: 500 good men Ive seen incompetence slaughter on the fields of Suno

Bastilla: After all the years i spend rehabilitating Reven, 100 hours with Topher and she is more evil than ever before.

Alyx Vance: He called Gordon Freeman a douchebag, and then puts him in suggestive poses
*gordon glowers sadly*

Rochelle: He's a racist, sexist pig, whenever he will shoot my face off with a shotgun, as soon as i walk into the room

Catherine the Great: my cities, my people, they all dead! He massacred them all for Vineyards! Vineyards!

JC Denton: F**** you Topher!
Meat Boy: F**** you Topher!
All: F*** you Topher

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
For a while I thought this was a teaser for a new game, truly if it was it would be the most epic game since Super smash bros came out way back for N64 ( I love crossovers). Still a truly epic AD and well worth any and all praise from PS3 and 360 fans alike.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Who do you recognize? I see Nathan Drake, Ghost, the guy from Infamous, Joe Mauer, Solid Snake, Kratos and... Sweettooth and Sackboy playing chess? It's like some Bizarro World Romper Room in there.
Also see Chell, Ratchet, A lot of the Soldiers from Killzone, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, The Assassin creed dude, Soldiers from Call of Duty/Metal of honer/Generic shooter, Football player, Guy from Hitman, and more I can't recognize.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
And yet all I can think is... why wasn't it Michelle ?

Interesting commercial. More make-up work then most game commercials.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I don't think I ever enjoyed watching a commercial as much as I enjoyed watching this one.
I don't even have or plan to get a PS3.
Too bad the non-Sony exclusives didn't get more screen time but that's understandable, I guess.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Any other Australians reading this who would like to see those guys at The Gruen Transfer analyse this ad?

I know I would. Great stuff. I love the use of archetypes here as much as I do the excellent cosplay and impressive acting (really, it was quite good for an advertisement).

The best thing about it is that its function as an ad isn't rammed down your throat; it's subtle and just a hint at the power at your fingertips when gaming.