Sony Offers "Sincerest Apologies" for PSN Attack

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
kitsuta said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Tom Goldman said:
This is as good a time as any, I suppose

What is yoru avatar from...I recognize it, but can't place it at all, though.
It's a Nu [http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Nu], from Chrono Trigger.
THAT'S IT!

I kept thinking of Secret of Mana for some reasons.

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
I'd just like to take this opportunity that this Sony shouldn't have to apologise for this, they are a victim too, all of this is the soul fault of arrogant coders such as failoverflow and George Hotz, these are the people responsible for allowing the hackers to steal all of your data. From the beginning of this debacle it has been clear that there are far too many people in possession of an overblown sense of entitlement. Once the FBI or other force has identified these hackers the coders who found the PS3 public key should be treated as accessories to the crime. I'm tired of everyone bitching about free speech and free access because this is the result of such arrogance. Anonymous in this case can go f**k itself.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Kalezian said:
in b4 "Anonymous did it!" without reading the article.

Now, what will you do if/when credit cards that were "stolen" start being used?
You'll just have to fill out this form...

Which is guarded by Velociraptors...

That are also Cyborgs...

In their doom fortress...

At the Heart of the world...

It couldn't be simpler.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
"sincerest apologies".... That's it?
What did you expect? It wasn't even their fault.
Really? If I am not mistaken they have a responsibility for protecting their customer details and credit card info etc. If you mean by "It wasn't even their fault." that the attack was conducted by external party, well yea... attacks were/ are/ will be always conducted by external parties. A company won't attack to itself. But that doesn't mean it has no responsibility towards its' customers privacy protection.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
snfonseka said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
Really? If I am not mistaken they have a responsibility for protecting their customer details and credit card info etc. If you mean by "It wasn't even their fault." that the attack was conducted by external party, well yea... attacks were/ are/ will be always conducted by external parties. A company won't attack to itself. But that doesn't mean it has no responsibility towards its' customers privacy protection.
I just don't understand the amount of hate they are getting. I guess it is easier for people to vent at the only party with a face in this disaster.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
Good to see an apology, tho I would like to know if my details are in some twats computer.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
snfonseka said:
Do you understand the Asian concept of "losing face?" It isn't much like the Western concept of an apology -- one that's usually insincere and don't mean much of anything.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Apology Accepted.

Now give me free stuff.

Of course I never blamed Sony for all this anyway.

[sub]Still, give me the free stuff.[/sub]

[sub][sub]Like, now.[/sub][/sub]

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
I just don't understand the amount of hate they are getting. I guess it is easier for people to vent at the only party with a face in this disaster.
Its rather simple. They suspected data was being compromised a few days before they told anyone. That's more than enough time for someone to sell on your info and for it to be used.

I don't blame Sony for being hacked. I blame them for doing the equivalent of hoping it'd go away rather than letting us know there was an issue.

Of course, I personally don't care because I'm an Xbox fan myself and this is just hilariously interesting to watch. I'm damn glad this didn't happen to Microsoft.

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
snfonseka said:
The executives bowed deeply. Do you realize that in Japan they take bowing seriously? This shows that they are seriously sorry for what happened.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I really wanna know who this hacker/these hackers is/are. Not because I need a face to channel my nerd rage, just because it'd be interesting to see what one of the greatest computer minds of this generation looks like. Besides, the guy's obviously got skill. I can't imagine him doing a lot of time before he starts working for the FBI or something.

JDKJ said:
snfonseka said:
Do you understand the Asian concept of "losing face?" It isn't much like the Western concept of an apology -- one that's usually insincere and don't mean much of anything.

That's all well and good, but us westerners don't give a damn about saying sorry and bowing. That's why there's also the free stuff and upgraded membership, I'd imagine.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
JDKJ said:
snfonseka said:
I foresee culturally insensitive responses to this.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
I really wanna know who this hacker/these hackers is/are. Not because I need a face to channel my nerd rage, just because it'd be interesting to see what one of the greatest computer minds of this generation looks like. Besides, the guy's obviously got skill. I can't imagine him doing a lot of time before he starts working for the FBI or something.

JDKJ said:
snfonseka said:

That's all well and good, but us westerners don't give a damn about saying sorry and bowing. That's why there's also the free stuff and upgraded membership, I'd imagine.
Which suggests that perhaps Westerns would be well-advised to learn something from the Asian cultures and, perhaps, realize that the things we can touch are not the only things with value.

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Choppaduel said:
Insufficient. Words are meaningless and forgettable.
Words may be forgettable but actions can be easily remembered, probably the reason why they bowed in front of the public.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i still believe sony has handle this situation very well. i dont eve think an apology is entirely necessary, but its certainly nice of them to do so

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
snfonseka said:
I am just pointing out that they have a responsibility regarding protecting the data that they have in their servers, even the fault of the attack. I hope some legal authority (such as U.K. Information Commissioner) will look into this issue deeply and check whether there are any loopholes in Sonys' end.

For those who want to accept the apology and be silent, I respect your idea but I don't agree with you.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Say what you like about this whole incident, but the guys bowed. They stood up in a press conference, and they bowed. Would this happen anywhere else, in any other country, and all you'd get is some jackass being paid to say: "We're really, really sorry. Like, really sorry."

Right on, Sony. There was a fuck up and you apologised like true human beings. My respect for you is now +5.