Sony Russia Claims BioWare Reveal Is Mass Effect 3

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
a small problem you are assuming that the people at sony are not putting out misinformation with the media if you have scandal in front of your right hand you can hide a battle carrier behind your left and no one will ever notice

infact as i think about it all these clues could well be misinformation i remember something about a developer moaning about there being no secrets and surprises any more and i don't think bioware will go to all this trouble just to announce mass effect 3 or let sony spoil it if they did

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
CleverCover said:
But we already knew ME3 is coming. Hell, that's the only reason I finished another playthrough on ME2. Why would that be the big secret? It's not very surprising.

It has to be a new game, maybe same universe, but a new game.
This is probably the most logical conclusion. ME3 is nothing we didn't already know about when they launched the first game, as they've been talking up trilogy all a long. Halo, also a "Trilogy", had it's spin-offs, and as beloved as the ME universe has become, and as evil an empire as EA will be, this is a cow that will likely be milked for all it's worth. Maybe a story about the First Contact Wars? Hell it could be a non-spectre character's story during key events of the trilogy's time line, or a new party member being shown off (if in fact this is ME3). I rather like the idea as long as this CoD rumor is just that. I don't want multiplayer mussing up a perfectly fine brand. New styles of play are fine, but let's not whore this franchise till we hate it, EA.

Lance Arrow

Apr 7, 2010
vrbtny said:
hehehehe.

I win. Told you. Etc.

Mass effect was always going to be trilogy, before any cash-ins started being made.
Well derp, it basically said so in a loading screen.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
In b4 soviet russia joke.
Just kidding, we all knew it was coming, im just surprised it took a whole 3 comments.

Hope its not true, i still want a proper alpha protocol made by bioware.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
Mass Effect 3 is not a reveal; we all know it's going to happen.
Something like Mass Effect: PSP would be though. Admittedly, that's complete nonsense but we can dream! Or, not I suppose. PSP ME sounds horrible.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
If it is ME3 maybe the dude's a new party member/enemy....or maybe its like part of the trailer and its just some random soldier who's going to be destroyed by the reapers, showing how big of a threat they're now becoming....Just a thought.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Well as someone already pointed out that rifle looks just like an already existing ME weapon. As for the guy not looking like Sheppard, setting aside the fact that he can look like anything you make him to and taking his default looks as the starting point, who said it has to be Sheppard himself in the trailer? It could be one of the new party members that they will introduce. And "being too early" doesn't hold water either. The game is certainly in development already and releasing a teaser trailer doesn't oblige them to release the game in the next 6 months it could still be year(s) away.

I'm not certain it's ME, but most of the reasons stated so far don't prove anything we'll just have to wait and see. But yeah, Mass Effect 3 isn't coming as a surprise to anyone.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
The sniper rifle is the Incisor from ME2, isn't it? If so, then it's either Mass Effect 3 or another spin off. Either way, I love me some Mass Effect so I don't care either way as long as another game is in the works.

I just hope they can find the right balance between combat and story. Mass Effect 1 had a great story but horrible Combat. Mass Effect 2 had awesome combat but the story sort of lagged behind.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
ALX-00 said:
Grayjack said:
NeedAUserName said:
In Soniet Russia reveal is you!

[sup] See what I did there, see?! I'm a comic genius, bow before my might![/sup]

In all seriousness though, I doubt someone will ever see there family again someone will ever see the inside of Sony Russia again. But its bound to happen, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
I refuse to bow to you, as you spelled "Soviet" wrong.

OT: If it's Mass Effect 3, then I really need to play Mass Effect 2 when it' released on the PS3.
That was the point >.<

Sony Russia: Sony+Soviet=Soniet :p
Somebody corrected me already.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
wait...so the Russian branch is saying that Bioware is revealing ME3 despite Bioware making a point to say specifically "this is not ME3?"

It could just be a misdirection. I'll wait and see

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Even if it does turn out to be Mass Effect 3, I won't be surprised in the slightest.
This is a successful franchise. Of course there's going to be a sequel.

Sep 14, 2009
Azhrarn-101 said:
I somehow doubt the clip linked above is for ME3, the style is completely different.
Even if ME3 is going darker than 2 (which was already a good bit more grim than ME), it seems highly unlikely to do such a massive change in design for a sequel to a pair of games where players liked that art style (I most certainly did).

It could very well be another Bioware Action-RPG similar to Mass Effect, but I doubt it is going to be ME3, at least, not with where that clip is concerned. They might well also reveal ME3, but that's not part of it I believe.
'
this. it really does not look like it could be me3, if it is, then color me sketchy on what direction they are taking with me3

Tiewing

Nov 21, 2010
Being that Bioware's marketing strategies have never been a clear weakness in the past, I doubt they would "reveal" ME3 in such a way. Like many have said in this post already, people know that it is coming. The sniper rifle itself is almost more than enough to point out that it takes place in the Mass Effect universe. The armor looks like it fits as well. As for the color, it?s not really an issue since its obviously CG and not in game graphics. (Think of TOR and how they have been promoting that.)

I'll try to dig up some sources for my theory here, but I read somewhere that Bioware is looking to get in on the shooter action. What better skin than their very own critically acclaimed Mass Effect.

Yah that?s right, this is probably a Mass Effect Shooter. This may also squash the assumption that ME3 will involve multiplayer, and this reveal is actually where they were going with that idea.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Considering the gun looks nothing like the ones you've been using so far, and since I really want Bioware to release another awesome series, I'd say Sony has no idea what they are talking about.

Tiewing

Nov 21, 2010
Warachia said:
Considering the gun looks nothing like the ones you've been using so far, and since I really want Bioware to release another awesome series, I'd say Sony has no idea what they are talking about.
It has already been established that the weapon is at the very least based off of the M-29 sniper rifle that can be obtained in ME2.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Tiewing said:
Warachia said:
It has already been established that the weapon is at the very least based of of the M-29 sniper rifle that can be obtained in ME2.
Just as much as the M-29 was based off of actual sniper rifles I guess, you might want to look again

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105477-BioWare-Drops-Another-Hint

Tiewing

Nov 21, 2010
Warachia said:
Tiewing said:
Warachia said:
It has already been established that the weapon is at the very least based of of the M-29 sniper rifle that can be obtained in ME2.
Just as much as the M-29 was based off of actual sniper rifles I guess, you might want to look again

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105477-BioWare-Drops-Another-Hint
In your original post you said that it looks nothing like anything used thus far in Mass Effect. It is you who should look again because it does indeed look almost identical to the M-29 Incisor which is in Mass Effect 2. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-29_Incisor
While Bioware may just be using one of the more aesthetically appealing weapons from Mass Effect to implement into a possible new or different IP, it doesn?t change the fact that its design is seen in Mass Effect.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Russia has to be wrong on this one, that clip looks way too contemporary to be the space opera galaxy we've come to know and love.

Tim Latshaw said:
In Sony Russia, secret slips YOU!
On escapist forums, cookie wins you!