Sony Says the "M" Words About PSN Again: Monthly Fees

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
is cool i guess, im happy paying my 45 quid a year for xbox live and all of the awesome trappings it brings, if sony were willing to provide their service for free more power to them, i did kinda think it would come to this (and worse) eventually though, we will just have to wait and see...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
igissx said:
You know i would pay willingly, but i wont until they fix those damn lag problems in most PS3 games.
examples?

Is this in comparison to you personal experience with Xbox 360's online?

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
as long as we dont actually loose anything, or have to start paying for what we'r already getting for free i dont really care, and i dont get what all the rage is about...

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
But don't they already charge for content? Unless they're going to make us pay for every theme, demo and trailer we download from them I really don't see what they're on about.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
you never know, monthly fees might mean smoother servers for games when they launch, not having to wait for 2 weeks before finally being able to play online (that happened to me and kz2)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
as long as my online gaming is free than all the power to Sony cause this WILL NOT AFFECT ME OR ANYONE WHO USES PSN FOR ONLINE PLAY ONLY.

If they charge for Demos, then ill have my pitchfork sharpened and my torches oiled.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
igissx said:
Treblaine said:
igissx said:
You know i would pay willingly, but i wont until they fix those damn lag problems in most PS3 games.
examples?

Is this in comparison to you personal experience with Xbox 360's online?

BlazBlue had some lag issues like crazy, and they havent fixed it. Mordern Warfare 2 had some issues also but they mightve fixed that, lets see...WarHawk, Street Fighter 4,L.B.P everynow and then, and finally the motherload of lag issues, Red Faction Guerilla.

P.S yes i do have an xbox but its red ringed so i wouldnt know how it is in comparasion
Oh, Guerilla, you where sooo laggy.

I could kill a person with a swing from my hammer at a range of 2 meters. It happened so much that when a game wasn't laggy I threw my controller into the wall because the stupid hammer wasn't working.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
I'd love to rage on this, but what exactly is their idea of "premium content" here? Does this mean I won't be able to download game demos, or...?

Throw me a bone, here, Sony. What's your definition of "premium content?"

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Kaz Hirai was quick to step in and caution that the subscriptions would be for premium content, and online gaming would still be free of charge.
And I stopped caring right about there. Honestly, in order for me to be worried about them charging for 'premium content' on the PSN I would first have to regularly buy things or even just use the PSN's features. I have only ever bought Flower and Fat Princess. Other than that I download demos, which if they claim that to be 'premium content' I would like to see the justification.

So long as I can keep playing online for free, I'm good.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I was going "Ha! Stupid Ps3 players, finally having to pay for online!"

Then your last sentence ruined it.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I assume that the premium content will above and beyond what they are currently offering anyway.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'll just say what everyone else has said, as long as I don't have to pay just to get online I'm fine. If by "premium services" they mean early access to demos, exclusive videos and whatnot, I'm fine with it. Hell, I may even pay up if it's filled with enough goodies.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
Depending on how Sony does this, if they do it, I may finally give up on consoles and switch completely to PC gaming.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Pretty simple.

Charge for the multiplayer access and I'll stop using it :p.

Saves me and them money.

But doesn't sound like they are going to do that.