Sony Says the "M" Words About PSN Again: Monthly Fees

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I wouldn't put it past Sony to pull a fast one and start charging for online play when they realise they're not making enough money by charging for the premium content.

I may not own a PS3, but I do feel bad for them. I hope the monthly charges ultimately come to nothing.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
hypothetical fact said:
DrunkWithPower said:
IdealistCommi said:
Eh, as long as I can play online and get my demos, I am good
The voice of reason.

I honestly believe this is some way to sucker the money tossing Xbox kiddies to come to the dark blue side. The only thing PS3 doesn't have is in-game music and Halo. It's going to be cheap since online gaming is "still going to be free."
Charging for the service will bring in customers. Right...
That sales pitch might work to bring Xbox people in. You get your same goofy crap and it's cheaper. Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, space heater.... it's all (basically) there. Plus online play is (if they keep their word) free, unlike Xbox.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Who knows, if Pony and BigHard are both charging, it might start a price war that actually makes me get gold.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
All of this makes me wonder what's Sony's definition of 'premium content' considering the fact that they consider the PSP Go a premium system.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
If they expect people to pay, they're going to have to earn it first.
They don't even offer anything anyone needs, it's all useless facebook apps and crap like that.

If they got ps3 owners dlc they wanted (no matter how overpriced) and took care of some of those requests that are becoming long term now, maybe people will give them a chance, but at this point, I don't know anyone personally who will.

They better not make demos a part of a subscription fee. As much as I like free demos, I'm not paying for them. They're supposed to be free; that's why they call them free demos. If that happens, I'm not putting another dime into psn - which is too bad because I like those Pixel Junk games.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
as long as my online gaming is free than all the power to Sony cause this WILL NOT AFFECT ME OR ANYONE WHO USES PSN FOR ONLINE PLAY ONLY.

If they charge for Demos, then ill have my pitchfork sharpened and my torches oiled.
It's not like there are NO other alternatives. "cough" Youtube FULL-game gameplay trailers "cough".

This is not a very good sign for sure, but as long as online play is free...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Georgeman said:
It's not like there are NO other alternatives. "cough" Youtube FULL-game gameplay trailers "cough".

Sir game play footage does ABSOLUTELY ZERO for me. I dont care how it looks with some1 else playing it. Its how it plays to me. and sir i do not appreciate you assuming that the two are the same.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
Georgeman said:

Sir game play footage does ABSOLUTELY ZERO for me. I dont care how it looks with some1 else playing it. Its how it plays to me. and sir i do not appreciate you assuming that the two are the same.
Hey hey, I just mentioned an ALTERNATIVE, all right? No need to get your pitchfork ready prematurely. It's the next best thing if Sony decides to bring the moneyhammer on demos. A game that looks like fun to play could actually be fun to play. Just my two cents.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Georgeman said:
DTWolfwood said:
Georgeman said:
It's not like there are NO other alternatives. "cough" Youtube FULL-game gameplay trailers "cough".....
Hey hey, I just mentioned an ALTERNATIVE, all right? No need to get your pitchfork ready prematurely. It's the next best thing if Sony decides to bring the moneyhammer on demos. A game that looks like fun to play could actually be fun to play. Just my two cents.
No there is no alternatives! Demonstrations are suppose to be free period! When you charge for an incomplete snipped of the actual game, you have gone too far. the alternative is to not bother releasing Demos. But if that is the case this discussion is a moot point.

and by god will i be pitchforking if it does happen! RAGE!!

XD
In all honestly tho i barely play my console games anyways. PC through and through. so yeah any nerd rage coming out of this is silly at best. Sony never said it was gonna be free forever to begin with :p

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
No there is no alternatives! Demonstrations are suppose to be free period! When you charge for an incomplete snipped of the actual game, you have gone too far. the alternative is to not bother releasing Demos. But if that is the case this discussion is a moot point.

and by god will i be pitchforking if it does happen! RAGE!!

XD
Hoo boy. You take your demos quite seriously, don't you? Relax, you'll burn from your rage. At this point, we can only speculate whether Sony will become $ony. Nothing else.