Space Invaders Movie Might Be On Its Way

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Sparrow said:
300lb. Samoan said:
AkJay said:
I hope all gamers everywhere can join me in a universal *Facepalm*.
Way ahead of you. Films based on these games will only prove what most of us have already figured out:
Great games make bad movies. Great movies make bad games.
So, bad games make good movies?
Only if someone puts in the effort. But when you start with a well known property, people generally think that they don't have to do anything else put play up the name recognition, which results in a shit movie/game. What I'm hoping for this movie is that, since there is literally NOTHING to work with, that means someone somewhere has a really creative idea for these arcade franchises.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Wow, i mean there are blips and beeps that Hollywood gets a bit better and then something like this happenes where one only can wonder if it can get that much dumper.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Uh... What would it be about...?

What's next Pac Man? Dig Dug? Pole Position?

Sep 4, 2009
Wishlist:

Ray Harryhausen or Don Hertzfeldt in charge of special effects.

Invader (of street art fame) makes a cameo appearance.

No CG whatsoever, from start to finish. None. Not even in the opening or end credits.

Giant Gerry Andersonson style models that faithfully replicate the geometry of the original invaders.

America does not save the day.

Alternate ending where Russian scientists save the day. Giant Tetris blocks fall from the sky, and the Invaders vanish.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
AkJay said:
I hope all gamers everywhere can join me in a universal *Facepalm*.
I think the first post pretty much says it. Do they not realise that Space Invaders had no story, the enemies were ships that flew in coordinated rows and made today's faceless voiceless characters look warm and relatable? Not to mention the main character is a collection of pixels shaped like a turret. Wait, I just mentioned it. Fine, then not to mention that---

Music Mole

Apr 15, 2009
Deleric said:
The Futurama version will be better.

"I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. Now, watch, as I FIRE THROUGH MY OWN SHIELD!"

Also, Sapce Invaders? Come on, Greg.
YOU'RE A MAD MAN!