Space Jam: A New Legacy

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I'm not really calling out people who liked the first movie, but considering how people reacted to the reveal of the sequel you'd think the consensus was that the original was a well loved classic, when at the time everyone was already like 'Really? We're doing this?'
The is a well love classic for me to the point I use as a counter argument and place it above other arguably films of high artistic merit just to rustle some jimmies.

And I had ball with all those weird ass cameos while others say cringe I say "THIS IS ART".

Space Jam 2 has its merits that enjoyed so it did not feel like a waste of time plus a rum and dr. pepper made for a good time.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I can understand the first one having a Pulp Fiction reference as a little nod to adults watching with their kids due to there being a, at most, two year difference in release dates and how big a hit Pulp Fiction was.

I could even understand a subtle reference to Fury Road.

But taking actual scenes from Fury Road and The Matrix and doctoring/changing them to add the cast of A New Legacy makes no damn sense whatsoever. I mean, The Matrix is now twenty two years old by now.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not all of it, mostly its cameos and background characters during the basketball game finale. But yeah, there's a recruiting sequence that's WB stuff with the Looney Tunes inserted into them. Fury Road, The Matrix, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, the DCAU Superman cartoon, and of course, Casablanca. Movie basically felt like a 2 hour $150m ad for HBO max.
Okay I won't lie, that Fury Road thing had me chuckling. And I kind of want to see the rest of the recruiting scenes.