Space Janitors: Episode 8

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
2013?? What year is this even? It's not 2013 and I can tell you that for sure, it's just not right. You have no business creating something awesome and then taking more time to create something awesome. Fantastic series guys :D

+Double double props to the acting, every single role was elevated right to it's limits,

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
I had my doubts about the series initially but they were quickly dispelled. Come back soon! Also the "I am your father" bit was great.

Whispering Death

May 24, 2009
Space Janitors Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"
Space Janitors Finale - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"

Way to build a character arc guys!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Whispering Death said:
Space Janitors Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"
Space Janitors Finale - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"

Way to build a character arc guys!
To me, it felt kind of more like:

Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor."
Finale - "Yeah, well a fish isn't exactly what I had in mind."

Besides, it would be kind of awkward having a show called Space Janitors where the main character stopped being a janitor. That would be up there with having a show take place on an immobile space station and calling it Star Trek.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Scars Unseen said:
Besides, it would be kind of awkward having a show called Space Janitors where the main character stopped being a janitor. That would be up there with having a show take place on an immobile space station and calling it Star Trek.
The Star Trek series where they tried this did turn out to be the best one by far, so maybe there is something to the idea of exploring other occupations, after all.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Good work on season 1 guys, I'm looking forward to season 2!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Great work, guys! Although I was expecting to see Darby say 'fuck the rebels' after that douche bag spoke to him like that.
What an ass...

Although it's cruel of you to end on a cliff hangar!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
John the Gamer said:
Scars Unseen said:
John the Gamer said:
Anyone else yelling "It's a TRAP!" by 1:32?

I know I was.
Nah, you're an episode late on that joke.
No I'm not. This episode is the first with the Admiral Ackbar character in it.
Yes, you are. They already used the "It's a Trap!" joke last episode.

Davin Lengyel

Apr 28, 2012
jamesbrown said:
Don Reba said:
Aardvaarkman said:
Why is that how it works? That's not how holograms work in real life. It's not how holograms work in Star Wars, where you see the Leia hologram from behind.

In fact, the very point of a hologram is that you can see the hologram as a 3D object from all angles, unlike a 2D picture which only has one angle.
Hm, yeah, you're right. In episode 5 they show Princess Leia's hologram from multiple angles.
perhps its an simple hologram that requires less machine
Truthfully, I wanted to make it look like different technology that the Empire. So, the hologram is actually projecting a 2D plane that is squared up with Darby's shoulders (as opposed to a 3D hologram, which was used for the Leia scene). Imagine that Gul de Sac was projected on a piece of see-through plastic... even when looking at Darby, it would look a bit like he's looking at you from every angle, including from behind.

Davin Lengyel

Apr 28, 2012
The reason why you have to wait until 2013, is because we JUST got a go-ahead to film season two, and we wanted to wait until we've heard from you before we start writing. Don't worry, we'll film this year, and we'll keep you posted. We're SUPER excited (as Edith might say).

JoeyMousepadd

Nov 18, 2009
Don Reba said:
Aardvaarkman said:
Why is that how it works? That's not how holograms work in real life. It's not how holograms work in Star Wars, where you see the Leia hologram from behind.

In fact, the very point of a hologram is that you can see the hologram as a 3D object from all angles, unlike a 2D picture which only has one angle.
Hm, yeah, you're right. In episode 5 they show Princess Leia's hologram from multiple angles.
And Mike encouraged Darb to look at her from another angle.

JoeyMousepadd

Nov 18, 2009
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with a show that opens with "And now, the conclusion" and ends with "to be continued..."

You lied, that wasn't a conclusion at all.

Good episode though.

-JAG

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Grape_Bullion said:
Please rename Space Janitors to "Things We Thought Would Be Funny When We Watched Star Wars".
That does not work. I got bored half way through the new title.