Space Janitors: Episode 8

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
Don Reba said:
Grape_Bullion said:
Please rename Space Janitors to "Things We Thought Would Be Funny When We Watched Star Wars".
That does not work. I got bored half way through the new title.
That's good, because "Things We Thought Would Be Funny" is a really good ironic title for this drivel.

Oskamunda

Dec 26, 2008
Well...I think that signals the death of another good series. I understand that it is difficult for independents to make a series on a weekly or even monthly basis with just a shoestring budget, but you guys need to be more aware of your primary demographic: THE INTERNET.

As a demographic, THE INTERNET is trollish, angry, fickle, autistic, dandyist, homophobic/philic (depending on the day and alignment of the stars), nymphomaniac, fanatic,occasionally-accepting, sometimes-intelligent...and many other things. Although it vacillates between every emotion and thought process in the spectrum of (in)humanity, sometimes cyclically and sometimes randomly, and every once in a while in tandem with its opposites, the one thing THE INTERNET is in perpetuity--

is impatient.

Even interest in ERB seems to be petering (see what I did there???) out as a result of their schedule changing to monthly. At least we got to have an official ending for Apocalypse Lane, and I really hope the Space Janitors guys don't go the way of Doraleous just when they succumb to Cerebus Syndrome [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome].

Poste-scripte and reason for edit:

JoeyMousepadd said:
Don Reba said:
Aardvaarkman said:
Why is that how it works? That's not how holograms work in real life. It's not how holograms work in Star Wars, where you see the Leia hologram from behind.

In fact, the very point of a hologram is that you can see the hologram as a 3D object from all angles, unlike a 2D picture which only has one angle.
Hm, yeah, you're right. In episode 5 they show Princess Leia's hologram from multiple angles.
And Mike encouraged Darb to look at her from another angle.
I know it's just fanwank, but...there are no holographic images of Leia in Empire...

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Awesome. I love how we get the polar opposite of the Luke story, and how the rebels are somehow even bigger douches than the empire. Good luck with the filming, and looking forward to the new season next year!

orangecharger

Nov 13, 2009
Loving this series. 2013 is too long to wait, but alas we have no choice. :)

Congrats Brendan/Darby on your Taco Bell commercial.

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
Loved it. Been a great season 1 and hope the whole crew is back for the second season! But must admit this one didn't start too funny, the holo scene was a bit slow. But the rebel scene was hillarious "Are you sure? Check your mouth." *Janitor sticks tongue suggestively into cheek* Haha.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Oskamunda said:
I know it's just fanwank, but...there are no holographic images of Leia in Empire...
I believe he is referring to Space Janitors Episode 5 (this was Episode 8), where the Leia knockoff is talking in a hologram.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
"There are no dicks in my mouth."

That whole conversation could have been dumb and repetitive but the way they presented those lines just made it incredibly enjoyable to watch!

Can't wait for 2013 and the second series, not something I usually say for a web series. Great going guys!

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
I don't get why they've tried to turn a light hearted, fun little comedy show into a serious drama of some kind, it's really weird!

horsekateer

Apr 16, 2012
Whispering Death said:
Space Janitors Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"
Space Janitors Finale - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"

Way to build a character arc guys!
Hey I'm Andy I write for this show. I know I'm super late on this but...

The arc actually goes more along the lines of Darby starts out with a very idealistic view of the Empire. Even being shot at seems exciting to him. By the end of the season we tried to show him another side of the intergalactic war he's cleaning up after - the rebels he's been told to hate are possible family members which starts to change his whole outlook on the Empire.

Season 2 is coming to Geek and Sundry in April, check us out there if you want to continue to support the show.

Thanks for everything Escapist!