Space Janitors: Episode One

magter3001

Jun 7, 2010
"The year is 2411"

Great, so for another 400 years we as humans cannot come up with better ideas other than Star Wars :D

careful

Jul 28, 2010
i think this is a pretty good original idea. there is room for some perfect comedic context. i just hope this show doesnt devolve into slapstick. ooohh please dont start doing slapstick, it will ruin this perfect set-up. keep it somewhat mature, introspective, and no slapstick! ill follow this series

Icetailgreg

Oct 12, 2011
*WARNING: RANT BELOW*
Really, i didn't like it. In fact, my dislike of the series came before the episode even was released. When I head the word "Space Janitors", I immediately thought "This is gonna be really boring and predictable.". I was right. When I saw the opening shot, My Yahtzee sense immediately told me "This is gonna be a parody of the Star Wars opening shot from episode 4.". And lo, it was. Saw the guys with obviously painted white halo helmets and thought "These guys are stormtrooper parodies.". And lo, it was. When the skinny janitor acknowledged the fact that the rebels didn't shoot at them, or notice they were there, I wanted to scream "I'd shot you, you technophile!". God-Emprah almighty, this is just "The Suite Life IN SPAAACE!", except they took out the funny characters, like the cop that ate a lot, or the messy guy. Maybe I'm being too hard on this show, but you cant deny that it could use some work.

careful

Jul 28, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
That was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to some more.

Say, what happened to "Doraleus and Associates"? I used to lurk these boards and watch that show then suddenly it was gone.
yeah what the hell? that series was hilarious. im assuming they just moved onto another project. they might have mentioned that in one of their last videos? i duno remember but im not going back to check anyways

careful

Jul 28, 2010
Dastardly said:
Space Janitors said:
Space Janitors: Episode 1

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video
Love it!

Well paced, and doesn't have all the, "Get it? Huh, get it?!" moments that too many shows out there have. Humor that is understated but absolutely essential, kind of like your protagonists.
agreed. doubley agreed. why do ppl do the "get it? get it?" line. it doesnt make anything ever any more funny, it just devaules the joke to explain it, or point out that it was in fact a joke.

careful

Jul 28, 2010
Monoochrom said:
As suspected, it pretty much sucked.
this is a realization of the 1st law of publishing on the internets: regardless of what you publish. whatever the subject matter, intent, implementation, budget, originality, political alignment, sexual orientation or karma level, there is a probability of 1 that some user will sooner than later proclaim that your material is shit. even if your material is 5stars in every category and absolute tits genius in the most absolute sense possible, someone will say it sucks. even if for the novelity of being the first one to say they think its shit. since this hate is inevitable and predictable, it amounts to there being a role (the dissatisfied viewer) and a roleplayer (the actual user who eventual fulfills this role).

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
That was actually better than I expected, acting was a little weird at times, but I'd imagine it would get better as they put up new episodes.

So, I'm hooked now.
Atobe-sama said:
Does anyone else think that looked like the Reboot symbol on their arms?
Yeah it kinda did. I was half expecting one of them to tap it, not that I think anything special was going to happen, but just for giggles.
REBOOT!!!

On topic: The episode was pretty boring but I see the potential for it to spread and improve.
Compare this:
To This:

careful

Jul 28, 2010
Icetailgreg said:
Really, i didn't like it. In fact, my dislike of the series came before the episode even was released. When I head the word "Space Janitors", I immediately thought "This is gonna be really boring and predictable.". I was right. When I saw the opening shot, My Yahtzee sense immediately told me "This is gonna be a parody of the Star Wars opening shot from episode 4.". And lo, it was. Saw the guys with obviously painted white halo helmets and thought "These guys are stormtrooper parodies.". And lo, it was. When the skinny janitor acknowledged the fact that the rebels didn't shoot at them, or notice they were there, I wanted to scream "I'd shot you, you technophile!". God-Emprah almighty, this is just "The Suite Life IN SPAAACE!", except they took out the funny characters, like the cop that ate a lot, or the messy guy. Maybe I'm being too hard on this show, but you cant deny that it could use some work.
okay your right some of the big aspects are not original at all. but, a pro to this con is at least this setting and context is familiar to the target audience. without introducting any novelty in the context or setting, i think its more closer to a parody than anything else, and the audience completely understands the environment and circumstances of the characters.

Icetailgreg

Oct 12, 2011
careful said:
Icetailgreg said:
okay your right some of the big aspects are not original at all. but, a pro to this con is at least this setting and context is familiar to the target audience. without introducting any novelty in the context or setting, i think its more closer to a parody than anything else, and the audience completely understands the environment and circumstances of the characters.
Yeah, I see what you mean. It may be a parody, but I don't like it. Probably for the same reason I don't like the call of duty series.

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
I'm going to add my two cents worth..

It's their first episode and the overall thing is rough. The Background shots and graphics are bad, but not completely awful. They need work. The guys and their acting is plausible but needs a hell of a lot of work. It has the elements to be a good series but at the moment it's not quite there yet.

As someone pointed out when the rebels came through they stood there like lemons. They hid behind their cart to shoot the troopers. More should have been made of that. Missed opportunity but it has some potential if they can be a bit more pro active.

Not writing it off just yet as it's one of the better pilots on here. Hopefully they can get the act together.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
jboking said:
Interesting show, guys. I liked the focus on character, keep it up.

I liked how the imperial clones had master chief masks. I don't suppose they were named Resistance 2 and Section 8. Ha...ha...yeah, never mind.
I noticed that too that they have the Master Chief's helmets just painted white.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
This is gonna be awesome!

Plus, isn`t the one janitor the guy from HotboxÉ I loved that show!!

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
So.....where's the rest?

I assume that future episodes will actually have something happen in them.

I also hope that the future episodes will actually be funny.

burn e

Mar 20, 2010
Welcome to the escapist!

I think this show shows alot of promise.
You have my attention.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
loved the first episode, it has huge potential as a scifi mix up of different shows with a it of a red vs blue, red dwarf, and star wars feel for this first episode