Space Janitors: Episode One

AlexShrub

Apr 30, 2011
Glorious, looking forward to some more episodes in the future!

Ehehehehe, future, I'm hilarious.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
I don't get what "promise" the rest of you are seeing but that was distinctly boring. If I want "like red dwarf" I'll go watch red dwarf, if I want "star wars spoof" I'll watch spaceballs. This just seems thrown together and woodenly acted with effects that meet the "uncanny valley", too good to be seen as quirky or intentionally low level but too bad to be considered good effects. I'm going to watch the next one but if that isn't a significant improvement then that'll be the last one I watch.

surrealitysmith

Feb 25, 2012
Space Janitors said:
Space Janitors: Episode 1

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video

surrealitysmith

Feb 25, 2012
Unfortunately if this first episode was designed to make me want more, I want less. Poorly written, the actors are obviously trained and would likely be more interesting if they had material. Amateurish in my opinion--cant believe taxpayers would think their money well spent. Certainly not the snap and creativity of producers previous project.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Nice slide show. Can I watch a low quality version of it?

It took a little while, but I remembered the chubby guy from a scene in PurePwnage, which coming full circle, their Yahtzee parody was how I discovered the Escapist.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
A bit of a laid-back reddwarf/spaceballs. Despite feeling fragmented and cliche, I think it has the chance to go somewhere.

How many human janitors are in the imperial/ spaceships anyways? I don't remember a whole lot of them.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Yeah. I'll be watching this. Feels like it could go somewhere interesting. But why are there pub club ads all over the place, when I'm in the pub club? It's like opening a package of Oreos, only to see an ad saying "buy Oreos!" Yeah, they know their audience, but still.

Also, extremely relevant, and what stayed in mind the whole video:

Susan Arendt said:
You know, someday....I'll be someone worth shooting at.
I'm sensing an Escapist minigame in our future...

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
I love it! I'm really looking forward to following this show. I hope it can follow through. Good luck!

DeadCoyote

Feb 1, 2011
A beter render would be nice. Some "fume FX" or "afterburn" effects also would be good. If you are doing this in blender - there's a lot of stuff to do everithing look beter. Though the actors are good and that's the most important. Good luck with this!