Space Janitors: Episode One

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I liked this a lot. Seems like my kind of show, so I'll keep watching. They could use a better graphics engine, though. It gets the job done, but doesn't look very good.

shedra

Sep 15, 2009
I'm willing to tune in every week, lots of interesting ways this can go.
Just don't have either of them join the rebellion. New characters can be introduced that are rebel plumbers.
Also:
Exploding alien toilet clogs/interstellar sewer monsters.
Just throwing that out there.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It felt a little flat, but it's hard to tell from just 3 minutes worth of footage. I'm optimistic that it gets better.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Yeah, I'm being cautious as well. It seems pretty polished and big budget by comparison, but none of that can replace the jokes that I guess aren't my taste or maybe I've just seen too many Star Wars parodies (1). For example, "show don't tell" could've been applied to the rebels, like the Janitors trying to get their attention but being outright ignored. Or maybe let the more down-to-earth Janitor continue cleaning despite the firefight and miraculously not getting shot, emphasizing he's not part of this world of action and maybe providing a snarky comedic contrast to the fierce action, in addition to his fellow janitor's "only sane man" contrast to the situation.

Also, only rely on a lot of 3D if it actually looks really good. It's fine to have so-so 3D in the background, but it's not good once it grabs attention. That includes the outro.

/two cents

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i kinda liked it but i am still not getting around the fact that the ads annoyed the hell out of me this last week

Lucas113

Lord Carol
Sep 10, 2008
Reminded me a lot of early Red Dwarf (not the hideous US versions) so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

Hopefully it's more than just a Star Wars parody...

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Wew, looks great! Very curious to see where this is going, especially considering the fact that the first few episodes usually can't stand in the shadow of the later ones. I can see why this one got all that marketing attention.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
|'m hoping there's going to be some progression maybe even a little plot, but whereever you go this was a nice intro and all the actors really felt the part, you know it's a good job when you end up thinking, wow these people even look right for the characters

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
Well, this is something to keep my eye one. Fail and you'll get your wish of being important enough to shoot at and I wont miss.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Hmmm... Well, I wasn't amazed, but I most certainly didn't think it sucked. I actually kid of liked it!

This show has a lot of potential, I'll most definitely keep watching!

iyaerP

Sep 5, 2008
Its like Space Station 13. Except that the rebels didn't slip in the janitor's mop-water.

Vozati

Jun 8, 2010
I thought this was real boring. Like the fact they are janitors in space is the only joke they had and used the entire sketch.