Space marine demo; thoughts?

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
Just played the demo now and it blew my mind. Facing down a horde of charging orks? HELL YEA! Causing a crater by rocketing into them from above? HECK YES! Smashing their FACES in with a huge electro-axe thing? GAAAAARHGH!

I probably had more fun from that short demo than the last three games I've played combined.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I'm not a huge fan of the ol' space fascists, but I think I'll be renting this when it comes out. It's looking pretty damn fun.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I rather enjoyed the demo, it made me feel like a badass space marine stomping the shit out of the orks.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
I just played it 20 minutes ago on my xbox. Highly amusing game. The executions are easy to pull off and varied enough to not get boring. Dramatic combat and highly immersive battles.

That said, why does the shield recharge sound exactly like the one from Halo?
I mean literally an exact copy of it. The game does play a lot like Gears, the over the shoulder view when aiming even so, BUT it doesn't use Iron sights so thats a massive high five and I really enjoyed Gears so ... yeah... win?

Was planning to preorder it before, now I am even more motivated to do so.
The jump pack level, as short as it was, amused me. JUMP! and SMASH!

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Sonicron said:
Corporal Yakob said:
Its even one of those few games that get me truely excited for the multiplayer because I CAN CREATE MY OWN CHAPTER AND SEND TRAITOR SCUM SCREAMING TO THE DAEMON PIT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!
Seconded. A few months ago I created my own chapter for the Deathwatch pen&paper RPG; I even wrote a 3-page history - and now I actually get to play them! Awesome! I usually don't even care about multiplayer, but for this one I actually upgraded my XBL membership.
Nice! What are they called? Back when I used to collect Space Marines I made the Gothic Legion, added some proper background to them on my Deviantart account (its pretty piss-poor at the moment :p) and now I'm practically salivating with anticipation at the chance to play as them, and more likely then not, die messily for the Emperor as them.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Corporal Yakob said:
Sonicron said:
Corporal Yakob said:
Its even one of those few games that get me truely excited for the multiplayer because I CAN CREATE MY OWN CHAPTER AND SEND TRAITOR SCUM SCREAMING TO THE DAEMON PIT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!
Seconded. A few months ago I created my own chapter for the Deathwatch pen&paper RPG; I even wrote a 3-page history - and now I actually get to play them! Awesome! I usually don't even care about multiplayer, but for this one I actually upgraded my XBL membership.
Nice! What are they called? Back when I used to collect Space Marines I made the Gothic Legion, added some proper background to them on my Deviantart account (its pretty piss-poor at the moment :p) and now I'm practically salivating with anticipation at the chance to play as them, and more likely then not, die messily for the Emperor as them.
They're called the Tomb Drakes. Livery is mostly dark red and black, and their emblem is a drake's head; preferred weapons are heat-based (bearing a melta is actually a sign of honor and status).
Actually a neat idea, to put the chapter history up on DeviantArt. I think I'll do that too.

Guess I'll see the Gothic Legion on the battlefield, then! :)

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Sonicron said:
Corporal Yakob said:
Sonicron said:
Corporal Yakob said:
They're called the Tomb Drakes. Livery is mostly dark red and black, and their emblem is a drake's head; preferred weapons are heat-based (bearing a melta is actually a sign of honor and status).
Actually a neat idea, to put the chapter history up on DeviantArt. I think I'll do that too.

Guess I'll see the Gothic Legion on the battlefield, then! :)
Mine are halved black and grey with, coincedently a Dragon's head as their chapter badge and are particulary devout and fanatical Space Marines, worshipping the Emperor as a true God. I should write some stories about them.....

Glory to the Astartes and Emperor brother!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Corporal Yakob said:
Mine are halved black and grey with, coincedently a Dragon's head as their chapter badge and are particulary devout and fanatical Space Marines, worshipping the Emperor as a true God. I should write some stories about them.....

Glory to the Astartes and Emperor brother!
Ah, the religious zealot angle. Always fun. :)

The Tomb Drakes direct most of their adoration at the heroes of their chapter, especially the first Chapter Master. Also, they have unusually good ties to the Inquisition - probably because they actually called the Ordos in for performing Exterminatus on their fortress world when it was irrevocably lost to a gigantic Ork Waaaagh.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Part with jump-pack: OMGWTFBBQ THIS IS GAME IS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME! MUST BUY!

All other bits: Wow, this is incredibly bland and maybe even a bit boring. It looks kind of pretty though, so that's a plus.
Same here. Even these few levels had me yawning a bit. And while the jump-pack was a lot of fun, it could have used some more functionality.