Space Marines Rumored for Next Call of Duty

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Combining raccoon piss and stagnant water does not create beer. Sorry to break it to you MW

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Didn't the new one come out yesterday? It's just a series of cash ins' at this point isn't it?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
...Seriously?

Ok, so CoD left WWII behind and went into MW to avoid the over crowded genre, and that was a good move.

But moving further into the future where it already is an overcrowded market... not such a good idea.

What do I reckon? Bring on the Great War and trench warfare :p

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Loving this!

Two of my favorite things mixed together to form something totally awesome. I'd love to see Captain Price in power armor.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
You know, I said awhile ago that the first modern warfare was a step in the right direction for CoD, for me. What I didn't expect is that Bungie would go from Halo to CoD when Activision bought them.

Anyways, haven't bought MW2, nor do I have plans for Black Ops, and I certainly won't be getting this one Unless of course I'm fighting space vampires while riding on a dragon accompanied by the Captain Price's gun wielding moustache who became animated after Price's death in order to save the world from RoboHitler. If this is made into a game, I will be in the line on the Monday night it comes out

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I'm guessing Bungie's getting involved then. That would actually be pretty cool.

A CoD/Halo merging. Sounds alright.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
bfgmetalhead said:
for the emporor lol
Lol, that's what I thought. Gotta take out those dirty xenos.

Actually though, this could be really cool. I'm not well-versed on all the shooters out there, but the only really popular space-themed ones are games like Halo, Gears of War, or maybe Mass Effect (if you count that). I haven't really seen one take the MW2 route of using realistic weapons or quasi-realistic military stuff. They all just slap players in glowing power armor and let technology justify all the game mechanics. I wouldn't mind seeing one that handles extraterrestrial warfare more realistically, albeit with some suitably fancy new tech.

noogai18

Feb 21, 2008
They're just saying "Future", right? So, it could be some sort of competitor to Ghost Recon, with feasible technologies, set in 2050 or something.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
bfgmetalhead said:
for the emporor lol
You, sir, have made my day. I'm still laughing hysterically as I type.

OT:

JourneyThroughHell said:
I'm guessing Bungie's getting involved then. That would actually be pretty cool.

A CoD/Halo merging. Sounds alright.
Maybe that's Bungie's next IP? To be quite honest I think it could be interesting. Sure, Halo is great and whacky, but a gritty Space Marine game (see: 40K-Space Marine) would be pretty damn awesome.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
as long as its based on the Warhammer40K SpaceMarines :p

Tho i wouldnt mind playing a wave defense against the Zerg Horde in a FPS view :D Might give us a glimmer into what Starcraft Ghost could have been like! XD

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
xmbts said:
Didn't the new one come out yesterday? It's just a series of cash ins' at this point isn't it?
The first sentence here is what came to mind when I saw this. Black Ops has just been released and some people are already thinking abut the next CoD game? Can't people just sit still for one moment?

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
If this game does a Battlefield 2142, I will be on it like... well insert your own metaphor, and it'll be like that.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Sooo apparently Halo is the only sci fi future people can come up with? Sheesh, forum is antagonistic today.

Sounds interesting. Could do with a change of atmosphere.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Let's not get all "ooh, radical and changing, Call of Duty is the master of innovation" over this, Battlefield did the exact same thing a couple of years back, without making a big fuzz about it.

Still, it's better than keeping it in modern warfare ^^

razing32

Feb 3, 2010
I honestly hope some aliens attack the Earth in real life.
We've been playing so much space marine propaganda they wouldn't know what hit them ...

Also , doesn't this strike anyone as a mod fans should have made rather than a games company ?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Deofuta said:
Sooo apparently Halo is the only sci fi future people can come up with? Sheesh, forum is antagonistic today.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. There's still a lot of potential with space marines and sci-fi universes because developers are given far more latitude in design. I'm all for it.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:
Deofuta said:
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. There's still a lot of potential with space marines and sci-fi universes because developers are given far more latitude in design. I'm all for it.
True, but knowing Activision they are just gonna make a run of the mill space marine shootemup coz they want to "play it safe".

Now Shattered Horizon was interesting...

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Maybe it'll be just Future Warfare or something like that? Doesn't have to be that far in the future, just enough to make cool stuff. No aliens, still. I wouldn't like seeing captain Price going hand-to-...tail with a xenomorph.