Space Marines Rumored for Next Call of Duty

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
orangebandguy said:
I guess the game needed some righteous cleansing rage at some point.

I shotgun the Khorne Berzerker class!
Bah! I'll take Noise Marines any day over those madmen, either them or the Night Lords.

Is there any chance they could a "No Russian" level with Eldar instead of humans? :D

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
lol @ everyone jumping on the "OMG NOT ANOTHER SPACE MARINE GAME SO UNORIGINAL /NERDRAGE" bandwagon.

For one thing, IT'S JUST A RUMOR. For another, even if it's not, it doesn't mean they're making another "halo" clone. How about we all just wait and see if there's anything to this and what it entails before passing judgment?

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
You are all forgetting the big thing.
Infinity Ward will be making it.

So it's going to suck regardless of time period.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
dalek sec said:
orangebandguy said:
I guess the game needed some righteous cleansing rage at some point.

I shotgun the Khorne Berzerker class!
Bah! I'll take Noise Marines any day over those madmen, either them or the Night Lords.

Is there any chance they could a "No Russian" level with Eldar instead of humans? :D
Noise Marines are pretty mad, when I say pretty I mean "raving crazy hedonistic".

If you read Fulgrim you will know why, in fact that whole book was a bit messed up to be honest. :D

permacrete

Apr 5, 2010
What would be really awesome would be a (somewhat) realistic futuristic game set on (for example) Mars. Weapons would most probably use caseless ammunition and have very high capacity magazines, but pervasive light body armor will mostly negate that advantage. Gravity is slightly less on Mars, so people will be able to jump slightly higher. Mars has an atmosphere, so vacuum is not an issue, but oxygen is - everyone would be wearing breathing apparatus outdoors.

That's just some new equipment and some tweaks to the physics. Mars would give the game designers a great excuse to create some fantastic environments based on the photos NASA has gotten back from the various probes and rovers. It could be superb.

The campaign could be based on anything from terrorists to nativists, or both. The theme of people fighting other people should remain, however - I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce aliens.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well considering Microsoft is going to do jacksquat with Halo, this may just be the filler that scifi fps'ers will want.
We shall see what the future holds.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Noise Marines are pretty mad, when I say pretty I mean "raving crazy hedonistic".

If you read Fulgrim you will know why, in fact that whole book was a bit messed up to be honest. :D
Yeah but atleast they want to have fun, all Khorne's followers are too busy looking for blood and skulls, boring! D:

And for the record, I fucking loved "Fulgrim" and it's my favorite from that series of books so far! :D

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
So according to the comments, space marines = halo now?

The God-Emperor wants a word with you all.

Also, how many games in recent years have been set several hundred years in the future with space marines? Seriously, how many? Right now it seems the OMGSTAGNATION fad is realistic, modern combat.

You guys annoy me so, sometimes.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
It Infinity Ward... so... were going to have a scene where the player dies at the end of every battle, and half of those are ones where you have to gun down civilians, burn puppies, and bunch baby seals, but you have the option at the beginning to skip those missions, cutting the campaign from 4 to 2 hours. Then multiplayer will have a 10 kill streak death ray where the player that gets it first wins and all the achievements involve sitting in the same spot and not moving for certain amount of times/kills?

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Owlslayer said:
Maybe it'll be just Future Warfare or something like that? Doesn't have to be that far in the future, just enough to make cool stuff.
That what ive said, have weapons and tech that the miltary either plans on using, or is in prototype/theoretical stage.

permacrete said:
What would be really awesome would be a (somewhat) realistic futuristic game set on (for example) Mars. Weapons would most probably use caseless ammunition and have very high capacity magazines, but pervasive light body armor will mostly negate that advantage. Gravity is slightly less on Mars, so people will be able to jump slightly higher. Mars has an atmosphere, so vacuum is not an issue, but oxygen is - everyone would be wearing breathing apparatus outdoors.

That's just some new equipment and some tweaks to the physics. Mars would give the game designers a great excuse to create some fantastic environments based on the photos NASA has gotten back from the various probes and rovers. It could be superb.

The campaign could be based on anything from terrorists to nativists, or both. The theme of people fighting other people should remain, however - I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce aliens.
I love it!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
bfgmetalhead said:
for the emporor lol
no no its. DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPORER!!!

and i would love to see a Cap'n Price. Space Pirate. game... that would be awesome.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Then they'll set us off ballance with Call of Duty: Steampunk Warfare :p

But seriously, not matter what time it'll be, we'll be fighting Russians, if the Call of Duty series has taught me anything, it's that everything can be traced back to evil Russains/Nazis, it's on this basis that i say the next enemies will be a: Space Russian Nazi[small][small][small]...zombies.[/small][/small][/small]

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
dalek sec said:
orangebandguy said:

Yeah but atleast they want to have fun, all Khorne's followers are too busy looking for blood and skulls, boring! D:

And for the record, I fucking loved "Fulgrim" and it's my favorite from that series of books so far! :D
Fulgrim was awesome, most of the Horus Heresy books are.

Except for the Dark Angel ones.

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
Activision/ Blizzard seeks to merge CoD with Starcraft, creating an FPS that features Terran Marines

dtfyvugbhjnk

Oct 28, 2010
Won't be buying the next one so it doesn't really matter what it is. Bought Black Ops for cold war theme only to go wtf am I playing. Yeah, time to do something else and watch this pile o shit franchise crash and burn from afar. Anyone bother making Manhunt: Run Devs Run for me? :)

Edit: I swear, if I see one more dizzy, crawling on floor, getting stomped in the face scene before I finish this game I'm putting on my military boots and stomping my money out of these leeches.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Hmm this could be fun. They should just drastically overhaul all the graphics, controls and gameplay elements to suit them for 80 foot tall mechs (and then give you an 80 foot tall mech)

...Yeah I just want the new Mechwarrior to come out faster =/...