Spawn Camping Marathon Gets Black Ops Players Banned

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.
Seriously. Although, if the people on the other team were in on it, then it's OK to ban them, but you can't ban people for exploiting something YOU put in the game...

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
This is why I stopped playing CoD a long time ago (at least the multiplayer). Sure, I'll still go on once in a while but, for the most part I'm either on Campaign or playing Battlefield. (which isn't perfect either, but it doesn't feel as redundant to me)

*note: I don't normally play FPS's unless I'm hanging out at a friends house and they have a co-op mode for either multi or singleplayer.

Then again, if my friend had his copy of The Orange Box back from the guy he lent it to 8 months ago...Spy Check!

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Wait, so people found non cheating ways to win at your game due to your own incompetence and you ban them?

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
I don't really like COD multiplayer anymore. MW2 was the pivot for me. Now they should not be banned. Would you remove my driver licence if I discovered a problem with my car's engine and then exploited it to run faster and avoid red lights, not taking red lights tickets?! The game has a flaw, big deal! People have been doing this ever since! And do not come with battlefield does not have it, 'cos it does, it's the only multiplayer I'm playing now and has it's exploits.

Note: COD is to this generation, what CS was to previous one. As soon as people realize that the sooner we will move on.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Baresark said:
Good job. You give someone a car that can go 900 Mph, then you give them a speeding ticket, nice fuckin' job.
...You do realise this usually happens in real life right? And people do get banned from driving because of it too.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
why do so many people pretend like CoD is the first game with any flaws? Since any game has been played online there has been some kind of problem or other, camping, spawnkilling, it's been done since Battlefields, Quakes, CS's, Tribes, I know I'd like to have banned a lot of people for playing like dicks back in the day, but usually they just got kicked/banned from servers and that was it.

Since when does unsportsman-like playing become the fault of the developer? Sounds like everyone is just making reasons to attack Treyarch (not that they are my favourite dev, nor is CoD my fav franchise) but if this was any other game nobody would say shit!

Retarded players got what was coming to them IMHO, in a single player or LAN setting would be different, but online?

chopperman

Jan 17, 2010
Wow so instead of fixing the spawn camping problem you just temp ban and reset rank? uh.. if they do that again wont they get back to there old rank in no time? ... treyarch is so fucking stupid

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
jayzz911 said:
Mcface said:
So you ban people for using your game against you?
thats bullshit. fix the game.
srry for double post got captcha error the first time then lag then i had 2 posts.
np.

i watched the video.
If a game can be exploited, it's the games fault, not the people who take advantage of it.

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
Well, way to go guys, you managed to get up your imaginary rank in a video game, AND you managed to take the fun out of it, for BOTH teams, seriously, that is the most stupid thing I've ever seen, spawn camping just takes the fun out of the game? Did you do that so you can brag about a KDR? That doesn't matter, what matters is if you actually have FUN playing, and fun certainly isn't playing a video game so you can show off your score to other people.
God.... People sure do miss the point of entertainment sometimes.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Scorched_Cascade said:
I like how they just punish those that are just abusing flaws the developers left in rather than making a patch which would take 30 mins tops (i'm being generous) to just vary the spawn points.

The ban is slightly unfair as they state themselves that they think the other team was in collaboration therefore they were not griefing the other team. A simple rollback of a few ranks of the exp they earned using the flaw would have been enough.
And the fact that they were in all reality boosting.

They were uncovered. The guy who planted A bomb during the game was pointing his gun up in the air and shooting, along with three of the other players not moving at all.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Deshara said:
This is one of the reasons I didn't even bother with BLOPS. Even my teachers ramble about how awsome and amazing it is, and I just sit there thinking, oh my god, I wish they'd play a GOOD game >.<

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Wiryjackal said:
Anyone need more proof that CoD Black Ops is not a well made game. Campaign was Ok, Zombies is Awesome And multi player is just ridiculous. And the CoD points system just put more pressure to do well(camp) because you have to otherwise you don't get enough points and then you can't buy any new guns or equipment. At least with EXP ruling everything you eventually got new weapons.
really dude? i never had a problem with earning enough cod points to buy anything i wanted, i hate camping, if i need cash i get a level or 2 or a contract, it's easy as hell to get cod points, you just go through them fast in the lower levels.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Hey I mean it's all good. They wanna ban people to scare them from doing it rather than ya know...Fix it pshaw it's cool. People still gonna buy the balls off these games. But at the same time you gotta find some way to deal with these type of people.

Won't join 'em, then ban 'em but I find this funny. For a very good reason.

If they did this or do it to boost to get a high rank. You just de-ranked them so now they are going to have to get up on the charts once more...

Hmmmmmmmm...Wonder how they are gonna do that. How does one gain levels quickly?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Ah, of course! Ban the players. I doubt they'll bother fixing the map though. That'd be the right thing to do.

James13v

May 24, 2010
Blame the players for lazy game design? Good job :/ The developers of cod are almost as dumb as the majority of the fan base.

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
This is why I prefer Battle Field or CS, because that shit rarely happens those few games. In the sea of reproduced copy-past games a few shining beacons remain.

*Going a bit off topic* Personally I believe if infinity ward had made black ops it would 50X better. Think about it, most people who bought Call of Duty: Black Ops didn't buy the game because of the second half of the title.

PS: I guarantee that half the people involved were 10, not to be confused with real gamers.

PPS: Proud non-owner of Call of Duty: Black Ops

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Hm... If the other team was in cahoots with the spawn camping team then that would be a bad case of boosting. It was a big problem in MW2 particularly for getting the nuke killstreak.

I'm with Treyarch on this one. Assuming that the spawn camped team indeed WAS in cahoots with the people getting these massive kill counts then they got caught for boosting and deserved the ban. Then again even if the spawn camped team wasn't in cahoots and you just have one whole team purposefully camping an objective game for kills like that... I'm not gonna feel bad for them if they get banned.

I see a lot of people blaming Treyarch. Now it's right to criticize them about what things are wrong about the game but if this really is a case of boosting like they say, they're completely in the right on this.

No matter how good a spawn system is or isn't you're not going to stop a bunch of people working together to try and abuse the system to its fullest. Treyarch has decided that people like that are not welcome online in Blops. I'd agree.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Punishing boosters and cheaters sounds like a proper recourse by Treyarch. Being spawn-killed unequivocally sucks to be blunt and I would doubt anyone here, there, or anywhere actually likes its irksome existence. My only question is who is going to "ban" Treyarch for their own angle of fault? That is the one issue that I can sympathize with those criticizing the developers, as there should be accountability for the flawed design allowing such an easy exploit. Spawn campers ruin the game for those just trying to play and enjoy themselves, but one instance of banning will not cease the behavior by itself.

In the end though, how many will enact punitively against Treyarch, and how many will just shrug their shoulders and buy another $15 map pack?[footnote]This extends to a more broad observation regarding some video games with exploits, imbalances, and other such issues where developers feel that they can maintain the status quo and everyone will just "forget" anything was wrong at all.[/footnote]

TheDutchin

Jul 27, 2010
Levi93 said:
IMO the players shouldnt be banned or have their ranks reset, this is just stupid, I mean they're exploiting static spawn points which was intentionally put ingame.

Although I do have a solution.

Spawn protection.

I say about a 5 second spawn protection from players and about a 10 second spawn protection from killstreak rewards.(this is just an example I've only given it about a minutes thought)

Edit: Ninja'd, I guess thats what I get for not reading the posts before mine though.
While I agree about the bonus protection from killstreaks I think that there should perhaps be some small spawn areas where you are invincible and cannot shoot and the enemy cannot enter, like on havana it can be just around the corner from those last buildings and also there should be multiple areas so that they never really know where your going to spawn, also (Run on sentance ftw) make multiple exits that arent in eyeshot of each other and finally make it so killlstreaks can kill people in these areas but not the controllable ones, maybe a timer instead of just outright protection because that would suck to get a gunship just to find everyone sitting in the protection zone waiting it out. Of course this isnt the best option but i belive its a viable one