Spawn Camping Marathon Gets Black Ops Players Banned

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
So it seems like they probably deserved what they got (at least most of them), but they should still fix the spawn points. I know spawn points are hard to make full proof, but having more than two will help a lot.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
gigastar said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
For the record, the game I was talking about is Resistance 2.
Are you sure? Last time i played R2's competitive multiplayer the spawnpoints were dynamic to the extent that you could spawn in completely different areas of the map.

Unless, you only joined the unranked 'first to 1000 kills' games, in which case your opinion is still invalid.
See, if you had been nice and just said, "I disagree," or "Really? That never happened to me," I could have let it go. People are entitled to their OPINIONS. But you weren't, you had to insult me, so now I must respond.

First, an opinion cannot be invalid. It's not a fact, it is a way of looking at something that is different from the way someone else looks at it. Therefore, my opinion that Call of Duty isn't the only game that suffers from this isn't wrong.

Second, let's run the check list, shall we? Chimera enemies? Check. Bullseye weapon? Check. L23 Fareye sniper rifle? Check. Wraith Machine gun? Check. Same Chimera player cutting me down repeatedly in the span of ten seconds before I even take a few steps? Check. So yes, unless some other game out there has all these listed items, I'm positive that it was Resistance 2. I killed 10,000 people in that game to get that stupid trophy, so I remember it.

Finally, the way the spawn system works in Resistance 2 is that it spawns you in certain locations, normally a location as far away from enemies as possible. Sometimes this doesn't happen and you will die. However, when you are one of the only people left on your team, and the enemy team covers the entire map, the game will simply spawn you where the least amount of enemies are. And it will keep doing that, even if your spawn point is guarded by three enemy players, one of which is always just in time to gun you down.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
I think it's bs that they got banned for spawn camping, yeah it's a really asshole thing to do but people can always just leave and join a different server.(Most of the people who play that mode probably do so to spawn camp anyways)

I do agree with the banning because the people on the other team were in on it. If that hadn't been the case though the ban would have been completely unjustifiable.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
-Samurai- said:
SinisterGehe said:
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.
The fact that you can doesn't mean you should.
You can kill your mother, but would you?
I can kill you in real life, but should I?
You can kill me in real life, but would you?
You can cheat in a game, but would you?
You can find and exploit, but you don't need to exploit it!

Get some common sense man...
Right, because murder and using bad programming and bad design(which is the developers fault) to your advantage are exactly the same thing.
Ok if you so demand I shall make this simpler for you because you clearly missed my point by a mile.

You can scam a other player, but would you?
You could cheat in a game, but would you?
You could cheat in a multiplayer, but would you?
You could take your computer and trow it out of the window, but would you?
You could team kill, but would you.
You could exploit and exploit, but would you?

And for clarification, my point is.

That you can doesn't mean you should. Those people could have chosen to play a normal game, but they didn't. The people in WoW who buy gold and get banned chose to buy that gold, that got them banned.

IF you choose or not choose to do something you must bare the consequences of your actions. They chose to exploit a flaw in the game and used it to abuse the game Treyarch didn't like it, for any reason and they have the means and reasons of their own to punish the player who abused a flaw in the game. I am not sure what the ToS or Eula says about this subject, but I am sure there somewhere reads that you can be punished from exploit a exploit or a cheat.

You can choose to be a nice person or an ass against your fellow players, they chose - they got served accordingly.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
This is why I prefer Killzone 3's online games. No gimicky gunships or knives, just an awesome melee kill system.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
TimeLord said:
This is why I prefer Killzone 3's online games. No gimicky gunships or knives, just an awesome melee kill system.
That's actually exactly what I was thinking of whenever I saw the game, just with the much better spawn system.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Cpt Corallis said:
Question: Why not just implement a system where a newly spawning player in a game with fixed spawn points be invincible until three seconds have passed since they moved from the spawn point?
Would mean that people would be able to escape from spawn campers or get revenge.
They try to make black ops realistic, and that isn't realistic, well neither is getting shot then just poofing somewhere else but a games got to have limits on realism...

Anyway that would get pretty annoying if you unload a full round on someone and they don't die, perhaps just add more spawn points?

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
The reason they won't change the spawn points is because the game developers are lazy... They will probably just bring out a new game next year or end of this year making black ops useless in certain ways (eg. playing with friends) and that means they get more money for less effort :D. It's like Mac!!! (Note: I own a mac and I KNOW that they become garbage after the next gen is released which occurs about once every year, so don't try to argue, you know it's true.)

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Love reading threads like this and seeing all the excuses people have for abusing poor game design.

If you find a bug or flaw in the game...report it, dont exploit the bloody thing.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
That's it Treyarch! Quality control your customers, not your games! That's how to win the hearts and minds of consumers everywhere!

staleBread

Feb 24, 2011
This thread is full of failure. I think perhaps the OP may wanna update this. Everyone is obviously way too busy to read the thread, but not too busy to respond to it.

iKiller

Jun 13, 2008
Know what I absolutely adore? When people skip over every single post in the thread, sometimes even the OP, and then post their stupid uneducated and most likely spammy opinion with reckless abandon. Those kinds of people need to be shot.
Before I get into the topic that's at hand here, I want to say something to the people who're coming her to plug your own games.
Fuck. Right. Off. It is absolutely none of your fucking business if these people play Black Ops. I'm not saying it's a good game or that I enjoy it, but I at least have the respect to let them do what they want and play what they want without turning my nose up and saying my game is better for X reasons. Fuck you, nobody cares about your opinions. NOW.

These players were boosting. Clearly, clearly boosting. The other side that was getting owned blindly ran into their gunfire even when they weren't being bombarded by gunship fire, and the campers actually allowed one of the people to go plant the bomb and extend the time of the round. This is boosting, people. They were banned for boosting. Stop white-knighting these fucking idiots because they were dumb enough to film their exploits and got caught.
They weren't "exposing" or "pointing out" design flaws, they were boosting for higher ranks and bragging about their score. They're a bunch of assholes, and the bans they received were thoroughly deserved.

Next time do a little bit of reading and a little bit of thinking before you lay your hands on a goddamn keyboard.

robandall

Jan 25, 2010
iKiller said:
Know what I absolutely adore? When people skip over every single post in the thread, sometimes even the OP, and then post their stupid uneducated and most likely spammy opinion with reckless abandon. Those kinds of people need to be shot.
Before I get into the topic that's at hand here, I want to say something to the people who're coming her to plug your own games.
FUCK. RIGHT. OFF. It is absolutely none of your fucking business if these people play Black Ops. I'm not saying it's a good game or that I enjoy it, but I at least have the respect to let them do what they want and play what they want without turning my nose up and saying my game is better for X reasons. Fuck you, nobody cares about your opinions. NOW.

These players were boosting. CLEARLY, CLEARLY boosting. The other side that was getting owned blindly ran into their gunfire even when they weren't being bombarded by gunship fire, and the campers actually allowed one of the people to go plant the bomb and extend the time of the round. THIS IS BOOSTING, PEOPLE. THEY WERE BANNED FOR BOOSTING. Stop white-knighting these fucking idiots because they were dumb enough to film their exploits and got caught.
They weren't "exposing" or "pointing out" design flaws, they were boosting for higher ranks and bragging about their score. They're a bunch of assholes, and the bans they received were thoroughly deserved.

Next time do a little bit of reading and a little bit of thinking before you lay your hands on a goddamn keyboard.
Fair enough, boosting hadn't occurred to me. The point could have been better made without all the standard internet forum raging though. CAPS LOCK DOESN'T MAKE YOU MORE PERSUASIVE. If you get my drift.

Grubnar said:
Spawn camping is a form of bad game design.
This is also true. They deserved the rank reset but Treyarch need to hold their hands up for making it possible.

iKiller

Jun 13, 2008
robandall said:
iKiller said:
Fair enough, boosting hadn't occurred to me. The point could have been better made without all the standard internet forum raging though. CAPS LOCK DOESN'T MAKE YOU MORE PERSUASIVE. If you get my drift.

Grubnar said:
Spawn camping is a form of bad game design.
This is also true. They deserved the rank reset but Treyarch need to hold there hands up for making it possible.
I could have just as easily used italics, but that didn't seem to do it justice. It's just this kind of ignorance that makes me a bit testy. Sorry if it makes me seem like some raging kid.

mmaruda

Apr 8, 2008
As much as spawn-camping, boosting, spawn-rapes, sniping and other tactics are highly irritating, a ban is something that should not happen - these guys did not cheat, they exploited the game mechanics and for high level competitive play this is a normal thing. Do you think bunny-hopping or rocket-jumping would have ever been invented if people got banned for exploiting game mechanics?

Anyway, this is not about defending the guys who played it that way, it's about honestly saying that if stuff like that happens, the game is seriously broken. Treyarch's respone? Fix the game? Add spawn protection? 3 second respawn shields? NO! Just ban the guys who apparently are smarter at playing this game than Treyarch and their beta testers.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Alright, I promised myself that I was done with this, but I'm not.

This has just gone beyond my understaning.

Well, yeah, I understand, it's CoD, that means the developers can do no right - so, how do we fix this problem that ACTUALLY DOESN'T EXIST outside of GameBattles and boosting?

Some people in this thread suggested the obvious solution of post-spawn-invincibility. You know, somewhat like Painkiller [http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Painkiller] from MW2, only far worse. 'Cause everyone loved Painkiller, right.

That would kill the game. Invincible knifers of Nuketown, oh joy.

So, what then? Changing spawns? In Demolition?

Surely an ingenious proposal, but no.

This is not subject to fixing, because it ain't broke when people aren't exploiting it by boosting.

Of course, all of you are too busy white-knighting for those banned ones to notice. Where were you when Bungie banned people for abusing Gruntpocalypse?

Probably rooting for the developer.