Special Ops Officer, British Gamer Compete in Real Life MW2 Pit Test

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
This isn't really anything groundbreaking. Hell, even I would beat the SAS soldier in MW2.
However, I would like to see that bald guy run the actual course and see how he would do.

We should probably keep in mind that the gamer got an accuracy bonus whereas the soldier didn't (though I have no doubt he was the better shooter).

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
25s i believe is 3 star. id give the spec opts guy 10s handicap for no auto-aim <.<

at the very least the pit course is timed realistically as 45sec was the one star mark.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
That was very entertaining, thanks for linking to it. Pity they didn't reverse the roles afterwards. I'd bet either of them could at least try to do the other one's role after a little preparation

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
I'm just surprised Sid didn't break Gameguy's neck afterwards.

OT: Yeah, that was not a very good comparison, but still entertaining. Plus, I got to see an SAS operative's tactics, which might be handy when it comes time to sneak up on friends and family with a Nerf gun.

Zani

May 14, 2008
Marine Mike said:
Zani said:
3 things, firstly the guy playing MW2 was using a MP5k with a holographic sight and not an MP5 using a silencer and iron-sights.
He was using a red-dot sight. A little better field of view than iron sights, but not nearly as good as a holographic sight.
Oh yeah he was now that I think about, my bad, must've slipped my mind, but my point still stands, it isn't an 'accurate' test since they don't use the same equipment.

But it couldn't have been accurate no matter what, since the game has its own internal logic and can't be compared to the real world.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
the gamer would have the advantage of being able to just run around like a chicken with his head cut off and still do fairly well, as well as having assited aiming. Personally I want to see him try the course for real, he'd probably wind up shooting the civie targets a hundred times, and most of those shots would be directed at the bogies. That is assuming he didn't somehow shoot himself.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Contun said:
Heh, everyone is saying that the Gamer won...
Sid's a trained warrior and probably very healthy... He's the winner in my eyes.... :p
Agreed, if you actually make it past selection (like that muppet Soap) for the special forces (Delta Force, SAS, GSG-9, JTF2(Canada)) then you've already won the game of life.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Marine Mike said:
-Torchedini- said:
colonel_alzheimers said:
Marine Mike said:
Crap, crap, and crap.

Real gun was semi-auto and had a red-dot sight.
In-game gun was fully-auto with a holographic sight.

A good test would have been to see if the gamer could have done the real course in less than triple the time of the soldier.
Sid probably used it semi-automatic by choice, based on the tactics he used.
Semi automatic saves you bullets.
also saves reload time which is almost wasted time.
It shows him switch off the safety, the fire selector only has safe and fire... therefore he didn't even have the option for auto or burst, not that he would have used it.
But he chose a weapon with semi automatic. He could go full auto with another weapon if he wanted it.

Lithium Calibre

Aug 20, 2009
Shows how retarded that bald guy was, why on earth was he show happy? Mate you didn't accomplish anything. Fun to watch though.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Good stuff.

Real-world versions of in-game stuff is generally awesome. Well, when done by groups with the financial backing to make it realistic.

I figure that they aren't really trying to prove anything, but they do have a scorecard...

As for the comparison, I don't think it is just the skills necessary per task. The strategies used are different. If you were really practicing clearing a room, you wouldn't run straight at the guys with guns and shoot them on the go; because they would be shooting back. Also, I would imagine that aiming while moving is not as simple as FPSs make it either.

Still, fun to watch.

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
Maybe they should have made them switch. That way the real soldier is safe behind that cool sound bar and that twit was the one being thrown off the building into the dirt. Probably would have broken his leg or something.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
that was actually pretty funny, ive got huge respects for the SAS guy (Sid), who i´d say has a fantastic score for it being the real deal.

still, no ones as awesome as Ghost, he ran The Pit in 8 seconds with the 1911 Colt xD.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Mr. Gency said:
Twad said:
ANd this proves... what?

Like you said, its comparing apples to oranges.

What if they reversed the roles?
That's what I thought they were going to do.

Anyway, it was still fun to watch.
Also it's nice to know that somewhere in the world, there is a show on tv that doesn't hate on video games!
i think the reason why they didnt switch roles was because the guy from The Gadget Show could probably barely handle a weapon as awesome as one made by Heckler & Koch.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
MattRooney06 said:
HentMas said:
Twad said:
ANd this proves... what?

Like you said, its comparing apples to oranges.

What if they reversed the roles?
give a happy triguer modern warfare fan a real gun??

dear god man! are you nuts!?

he could go shoot a school!!!
or an airport
or a flight school in an air port

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Okay seriosly what does that prove, real life and videogames are so much different.

And seriosly that one of the guys best times, only 35.8, my best time is 26.2 before the time redutions.