Spider-Man 4 Canceled, Reboot Set for 2012

Aug 25, 2009
As I said when the topic came up yesterday, I have clothes, hair, and quite possibly food older than the first movie.

Don't remake things less than half a generation old, it just makes us 20-somethings feel ancient and possibly redundant.

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
How about they give Spider-Man back to Marvel and Marvel can make the reboot like they did for the Hulk.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
YEEEEYA
GIEF WOW MOVE GIEF WOW MOVIE!
N no more Toby! This could be rly good for Spider-man aswell :p ID enjoy some punk kid going around the roofs in his underwear :D

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Good lord, I don't think I've heard such blatant disregard for a film franchise's integrity before. It seems as if Sony and Columbia don't care that they obviously look like money-grubbing douchebags with this series anymore- like they're not even trying to hide it. At least Raimi stood up to them.

Jing the Bandit

Jan 4, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
The Great JT said:
DeadlyYellow said:
But does this mean we'll have a better villain than the Vulture?
Maybe we'll get Electro.
Electro would be good. Or perhaps his lesser, Shocker.

You know, if they're going the 3D route they could do Mysterio.
That'd make this movie worthwhile.
Even so, has Mysterio appeared in the Ultimate Universe yet?

Also, I have BONE CELLS older than the first movie.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Just heard this;

Sam Raimi has ceased production on the World of Warcraft movie in order to do a reboot of the movie, inside sources have confirmed that the reboot will likely itself be rebooted.

Feb 13, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.
Does anyone else just feel a shudder down their spine?

It was as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

If Spiderman sparkles, there will be deaths on a scale unimaginable by your feeble Hollywood minds.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Ahh, I heard about this. I have to say, there is almost no chance it will top the original one.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Woo hooo score. The current 3 films sucked start again just like they did with the punisher war zone.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
well, the actors got steadily tired of it by the 2nd film so... the third was complete CRAP.

I'm glad but wait... there will be no change. It still will suck.

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
I saw "Reboot" in the title and my heart lept. Then was yanked back down when it was actually about another spiderman movie, which i wouldn't care to see because the third one almost made me puke.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
"People are paying a premium to see movies in 3-D and that's a very big deal. It's never been done before that someone says you have to pay more to see Spider-Man than a romantic comedy." Sony could be right, Avatar is in 3D and I hear it made a lot of money [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97199-Avatar-Makes-Billion-in-Record-Time].[/B]
The real question to me is weither people pay a lot of movie to see it in 3D or if they see it in 3D because they don't have a choice.

I went to the theatre to Avatar and when I saw the hiked price tag because it was 3D my immediate reaction was 'Can't I say it in 2D and save some cash?' - but no, it wasn't available at the theatre.

Despite all the raving they do in the trailers about 'real 3-d' and how audience are loving it... I still feels like a gimmick to me. Avatar had some nice effects, but nothing that made me go 'WOAH! 3D IS SO COOL!'. I would rather not have had to deal with the weird glasses either.

I don't know, it still feels like a gimmick, like they don't really know what to do with the technology yet. And it annoys me to feel like I'm paying extra to be their guinea pig.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
The worst they can do is another Punisher Warzone atrocity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liABMxEvPAc[/youtube]

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Green Tentacle said:
Xyphon said:
Tom Goldman said:
Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012. Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.
So they're basically remaking the first movie......
And it's only been 12 years.

5 bucks that this film will suck ass.
wow youll bet that much? all of them were bad

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Commander Breetai said:
Why?

I mean, I can understand them redoing Batman, as Batman and Robin was such a joke they actually had to start over and pretend the first movies never happened, but Spiderman was doing pretty well.
Hollywood has been doing it for years.

Create a decent movie.
Create one to four sequels that ruin any good thing from the original so that even the most hardcore fans want to ignore it.
Reboot the series to start the process all over, simply let the series die(can't have that so extremely rare) or create about a hundred direct to dvd titles with horrible actors and roughly half the production budged wasted on the director's parking ticket.