Spider-Man 4 Canceled, Reboot Set for 2012

benwins

Dec 29, 2008
teutonicman said:
A re-boot this soon.... what the hell?!
This isnt soon. Now the Hulk reboot, THAT was soon.

OT: good stuff. Hated spider-man 3 and tobey maguire never felt right as either spidey or peter parker.
Also; someone should make a spider-ham movie, that could very well be the best thing ever.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
AstorSapolsky said:
I want to be on the record as saying I do not like James Cameron.
..You suck.

At least this is better than the Vulture and the bloody Vulturina or whatever.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
If they are going to make a prequel based on what they've been running with for these three films, what exactly is going to happen?

Will it just be Peter Parker as his normal self? because he gets bit around the END of College. If it's just "Hey, it's just me being picked on by a bunch of assholes." Then it's probably not going anywhe-

Oh, Silly me, i forgot about ret-cons and alternate universes.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Awww....for a moment I thought they were making a movie about that old show "Reboot".

They don't need to reboot the Spiderman franchise. They just need to get rid of Ms. Dunst.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
A reboot? Seems representational of subject matter. Mavel and DC are stagnant creatures ever repeating themselves. They're unwilling to give a end to a story, they just try to keep it going in perpetuity, ever changing writers making the cannon seem like a episode of Who's Line is it Anyway, and manned by "fans" who always want it to be like it was in "the good old days."

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I'm all for a reboot of the franchise, because there is no way anyone can make a follow-up to Spider-Man 3's lackluster success. But so long as they don't go full-Ultimate Spider-Man to the point where they are adapting that universe to the big screen, otherwise you'll end up with a lot of confused people.

Related story: when I went and saw The Incredible Hulk, I walked out of the theater and I overheard two people talking about why Hulk didn't get bigger or anything like the first film. Not that I'm saying the film makers should keep certain aspects, but most people won't understand why there were drastic changes to the films.

I just hope they'll call the next movie The Amazing Spider-Man. It only seems proper, in my opinion. And so help me, Michael Cera had better not be cast as Peter Parker. Not that I'm saying he's a bad actor, but he's always playing the awkward nerd. And, his voice irritates the crap outta me. I want to see some new blood on this.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Good, it was going to be crap. Hopefully he can make a decent Warcraft movie now.

-BloodRush-

Dec 15, 2009
this is actually good news. the 4th installment would have been horrible, especially with the studio breathing down Raimi's neck.

this also works out better for future marvel projects involving the avengers.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
SELL IT BACK TO MARVEL

1) Make a Captain America movie
2) Buy back X-men
3) Make an X-men Reboot
4) MAKE THE AVENGERS MOVIE
5) Reboot into Ultimate Avengers
6) Reboot everything

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
madcap2112 said:
The first couple were good enough, but I never saw the third. Can't say I'll miss it, anyway. Good on Sam Raimi for standing up for himself against the studio. Hopefully he'll make it worthwhile *cough, Evil Dead 4, cough*
Agreed. Hopefully more directors will start doing this and, hopefully, studios will be more accommodating instead of saying "Well, he can't do it when we want it by. REMAKE IT!"

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
"Hitting a summer release date while still keeping the film's integrity was not something Raimi felt he could do."

You mean to tell me that the previous installments DID have any integrity?

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Aw man, I know it was lame of me to assume this, but when I saw "Reboot set for 2012" my inner fan boy filled with glee, thinking it meant the studio dropped Spider-Man all together and where going to help fund the Reboot movie (the original 3D cartoon, which rumors say is in production and in need of support)

So if I got this right, they've decided to finally acknowledge the entire Spider-Man trilogy was a giant abortion, but instead of investing millions of dollars into something worthwhile, they've declare the bloodstained mess of a trilogy as non-canon and have called a mulligan on this one, so they can do the whole bloody thing over again?

Thank god, I was almost interested.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Oh, AND the movie is gonna be about Peter Parker in High School?! Oh boy! A whole movie dedicated to easily the most boring part of Peter Parker's entire background! 'Cuz the whole time I saw the first movie, I was thinking "This is all well and good, but I wonder what meaningless ***** he took to his High School prom?"

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna pay 20 bucks to see, a bunch of brain dead tweens going...
"OMG, Peter's like, sooo hawt."
"He thinks he's hot snot on a perfect platter, but he's just a cold booger on a paper plate!"
"Oh snap, dawg! Wiggity wack, true dat! I'm ethnic!"

Just throw in a faggy, glittery vampire and inject me with some dopamine, it'll be just like watching Twilight!

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Oh well this seems interesting eno- wait. Did the title say 2012?

Oh good Lord. I know what's going to happen. The reboot's going to be so awful, the combined hatred of humanity will usher in Nyx [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Persona3] and bring about the end of the world! THE END IS NEAR!

[sub]But seriously, this looks pretty decent as long as it's in the same vein as the Star Trek remake; i.e., streamlining the whole plot and making it accessible to a large audience.[/sub]