Spider-Man 4 Canceled, Reboot Set for 2012

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
wut? sure emo spidy 3 sucked with girly vocie venom and all...but..... they do not need to reboot it back that far.... go to the living with MJ and in collage phaze and retool it all to a mid 90s timeline.........

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
The_Oracle said:
Oh well this seems interesting eno- wait. Did the title say 2012?

Oh good Lord. I know what's going to happen. The reboot's going to be so awful, the combined hatred of humanity will usher in Nyx [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Persona3] and bring about the end of the world! THE END IS NEAR!

[sub]But seriously, this looks pretty decent as long as it's in the same vein as the Star Trek remake; i.e., streamlining the whole plot and making it accessible to a large audience.[/sub]
Star trek had a horrible plot.....much worse than them not doing a time travel debacle... I loved the script and think the actors will grow into thier roles...but the plot was horrible....

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
heyheysg said:
SELL IT BACK TO MARVEL

1) Make a Captain America movie
2) Buy back X-men
3) Make an X-men Reboot
4) MAKE THE AVENGERS MOVIE
5) Reboot into Ultimate Avengers
6) Reboot everything
I don't want Hollywood to reboot Back to the Future!

This can only end poorly if this becomes the theme of 2010 for movies.

mattman106

Aug 19, 2009
Xyphon said:
Tom Goldman said:
Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012. Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.
So they're basically remaking the first movie......
Exactly what I thought. I really can't see the point in this (beyond making some dollaaaaah)

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Heppenfeph said:
How about they give Spider-Man back to Marvel and Marvel can make the reboot like they did for the Hulk.
Yeah, because that turned out well. Sure it was good compared to the first movie, but so is cancer.

lightning38

Jul 14, 2009
Mr Ink 5000 said:
lightning38 said:
I just want to know who is fighting. The villains were always the best part.
well Green Goblin will prob make a return as he is the top of Spideys rouges gallery

i hope its none of his new villains from the rebooted comics. alot of them felt very lacking to me
i was always a Shocker and Venom guy myself

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Green Tentacle said:
Xyphon said:
Tom Goldman said:
Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012. Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.
So they're basically remaking the first movie......
And it's only been 12 years.

5 bucks that this film will suck ass.
Well, as long as Tobey Maguire's not in it...
Actually the first one was ok, but the third one spoiled it.

Dec 16, 2009
lightning38 said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
lightning38 said:
I just want to know who is fighting. The villains were always the best part.
well Green Goblin will prob make a return as he is the top of Spideys rouges gallery

i hope its none of his new villains from the rebooted comics. alot of them felt very lacking to me
i was always a Shocker and Venom guy myself
I like venom, but I think he suffers from his popularity, and gets a little over used and not always well written.

Last time I read anything with him he didn't seem to have much more dimention to him that " I eatz brainz"

Cyanin

Dec 25, 2009
Okay, source material aside, this is just blatant band-wagoning from Sony. I mean there is no need for another set of teen angst movies, EVER. We cacn only hope they manage to tell the story in a way that won't be incredibly predictable, which, considering it's an adaption, is near impossible!

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
That's it.

This Spider-Man marks the end of the world.

I knew it would end like this.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
On the plus side, I know Raimi bought and was holding onto the movie rights for the Wee Free Men stories, so perhaps we can see a Raimi-directed, Hollywood budget Discworld movie in our life times.