Splinter Cell Stunt Goes Stupidly Wrong

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
TheDoctor455 said:
I shudder to imagine how Ubisoft would do something like this to promote Assassin's Creed 3.
For that, Ubisofts marketing team has decided that they will send guys out in masks to brutalize the elderly and sell their medication on the black market.

You know all in the spirit of advertising!

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
I'd have thought the better idea would be to use a flashlight and project objectives onto several buildings.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
What would've happened if this had gone "right"? What other outcome could they have expected from this?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...They didnt see this as a bad idea...? Well, its certainly no surprise it ended like it did.

You go like that in public and people are gonna get irate...

RathWolf

Apr 14, 2009
Johnmw said:
No on involved at any level realised: "wait a minute, this is a TERRIBLE idea"? No one?
Well, you know, one guy suggested it, and the rest went along....like sheep. HA HA, New Zealand.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Wow, that was a pointless and stupid idea... kudos to whoever actually thought of that wonderful stunt!

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Wow... I don't know what happened to Ubisoft lately but in a few months we will be getting news of being arrested for making their stuntmen do Leaps of Faith from skyscrapers ... into trashcans full of diapers ...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
FoolKiller said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
That little act of stupid is now given the *facepalm*. I mean seriously if you didn't want people thinking you were serious then use a gun with an orange tip on the end.
Good point. Could you imagine if this had been done in a gun-happy place in the US?
This man would because human swiss cheese.
I remember a Darwin Award about a man who tried to rob a gun store (with a police car sitting right out side). He a single shot into the ceiling, demanded money, and got shot down by every person in the place.

Seems very similar no?