SPORTS BALL!!! v2.0

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am not a fan of Lewis Hamilton, but there is no denying that what he did yesterday in the Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix was nothing short of incredible. The dude can fucking DRIVE.

First, due to Mercedes swapping out his engine again, he was taking a 5-place grid penalty meaning no matter where he qualified, he'd start 5 places lower on the grid. Second, and to make matters worse, an issue was discovered with his rear wing being out of compliance and he was disqualified for the sprint qualifications which meant he had to start dead last. What did he do? Roared from 20th to take 5th in the 24-lap sprint qualifying race to start 10th in the actual race with his penalty. What did he then do? Roared from 10th to win the whole fucking Grad Prix... HANDILY. There was a 10 second gap between himself and Championship leader Max Verstappen after the 71-lap race. You have to understand the sport as it stands to appreciate how fucking ridiculously amazing this was.

Best race I've ever seen, and my favorite driver only came in third. They'll be talking about this one for years.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Fucking EPIC Grand Prix in Saudi Arabia yesterday.

Brand new, very fast track with multiple blind turns resulted in several yellow flags, two red flag stoppages, THREE standing starts, with 5 cars retired by the end.

The biggest story is that with Hamilton winning by the end, he and Max Verstappen are headed to the final race of the 2021 season in Abu Dhabi TIED for the World Driver's Championship.

Of course it wouldn't be a Formula 1 race without controversy. Mercedes gambled and pitted both Hamilton and Bottas under the first yellow flag to keep both drivers ahead of Verstappen in 3rd upon resuming the session, but when the session turned into a red flag, Verstappen was able to pit basically for free and put Merc's strategy in the shit can.

Hamilton (in 2nd) was able to hunt Verstappen down, and during an attempt to pass him, Verstappen went off the track and kept his 1st place position. Hamilton stayed in pursuit, and eventually the FIA told Verstappen/Red Bull that as he'd attained an unfair advantage leaving the track to stay in front of Hamilton, he had to cede the position to him. Instead of slowing down and pulling off to the side as one does when giving up their position to a pursuing driver, Verstappen braked in the middle of the racing line. Here's the thing: Hamilton had no idea of the FIA's ruling or Verstappen's intentions; he was still in racing mode and using Verstappen's slipstream (drafting) to gain on him for a pass, and when Verstappen suddenly braked... Hamilton rear-ended him. Basically no damage to Verstappen's car as he proceeded to speed off, no longer attempting to cede the position. Hamilton suffered some front-wing damage, but was able to continue his pursuit.

Verstappen eventually ceded 1st place, and tried to take it immediately back, but Hamilton proved too much for him, and eventually won the race.

Behind all that action was the Driver of the Day (IMHO) Bottas who, after one of the restarts locked up and fell from 3rd to 5th, but managed to claw his way back to 4th chasing Esteban Ocon. Hamilton and Verstappen were so far ahead in 1st and 2nd, this was like a separate race. Hamilton crossed the line to end the race, and as the cameras followed his car in the victory cool-down lap, I was watching the gap time between Ocon in 3rd and Bottas in 4th erode from 1.1 seconds, to 0.8 seconds to 0.2 seconds, and in literally the final stretch... I saw the positions shift; Bottas took 3rd and his 67th podium. I completely lost my shit. My girlfriend hates when sports make me happy because I don't' care where I am, who I'm with, I'm yelling gutturally, and that moment was no exception.

And the icing on the cake was the podium celebration. Normally the top 3 drivers stand poised during the winner's national anthem, then break into the whole spraying each other with champagne while Bizet's Overture from Carmen plays, and this was the first time I saw a driver not participate. Verstappen, being the entitled, immature brat that he is grabbed his bottle of champagne and walked off the podium leaving Hamilton and Bottas, Mercedes teammates, to celebrate by themselves in front of thousands of people. They didn't seem to mind, but what a childish move by Verstappen. I already wasn't a fan, but he continues to give me new reasons to actively dislike him. He's a fucking douchebag, I don't care how good a driver he is. When he's not happy or getting his way, he pouts, and I can't respect a grown-ass man who pouts; I'm sorry.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Absolutely insane final Formula 1 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi yesterday left us with a Dutch World Champion in Max Verstappen, though not without a significant amount of controversy...

Going into this weekend, Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton (reigning and 7-time champ) were tied in the points. Qualifying Saturday had Max in P1 and Lewis in P2, but due to some poor judgment by Max's team, he ended up having to start Sunday's race on a soft compound tyre which is not ideal because while it is the fastest tyre, it doesn't last very long which meant the ideal, 1-pit stop race was all but out of the question; Lewis behind him in P2 started on the ideal medium compound.

As soon as the race started, Lewis got the jump on Max and managed to take the lead. Not to be outdone, on the second lap, Max lunged into the first chicane and forced Lewis off track in a straight line which ironically kept him in the lead on the other side of the chicane. Typically, when a driver gains an advantage by exceeding track limits, race stewards require them to give the gain back, i.e.: cede their place or slow to allow the driver that was taken advantage off to regain the lost space. Despite it being clear that Max would have taken P1 again had Lewis stayed on track or re-entered the track inside the chicane, stewards decided no investigation was necessary as they'd felt Lewis had "allowed" Max to regain enough pace. Obviously, Max and Red Bull were not happy with the ruling, but the race continued on, and Lewis and Mercedes showed they had the pace to win as the gap between himself and Max continued to grow.

After pit stops saw the pack shuffled a bit, Max's teammate Sergio Perez was in the lead over Lewis. Red Bull team orders asked Sergio to slow down and hold up Lewis in P2 to allow Max to catch up to them, and what followed was some masterful defense; you'd have though Sergio's car was the width of the track. When Max was with a few car lengths, he finally allowed Lewis to pass into P1 while simultaneously giving Max the slipstream to slingshot and latch onto Lewis' tail. Quoting Max at that moment on team radio: "Checo (Sergio) is a legend!"

There wasn't much fighting as Lewis and Mercedes continued to show good pace, and he and Max, again in a race all their own out front, ran into lap traffic (cars at the rear of the pack that must make way for those coming in behind them on the lead lap.) This was a good thing for Lewis as they created obstacles to slow Max's pursuit, and Lewis was going long on his hard tyres, and couldn't afford to push them in a fight. In the final 10 laps or so, it was a forgone conclusion Lewis was going to win.

Then it happened.

Mick Schumacher* (Haas) and Nicholas Latifi (Williams) collided. Nothing too serious, but Latifi was pushed onto a dirty part of the track and his tryes collected some grit compromising his control of the car. A few turns later, he hit a wall causing a yellow flag and safety car. Under a safety car, all cars must slow to 40% of their speed, no overtaking is allowed and stewards decide if it's safe to allow lapped cars to unlap themselves (pass the safety car to get back on the lead lap.) At this point, there were about 4-5 lapped cars between Lewis in P1 and Max in P2, and when they safety car came out, Max shot into the pits to exchange his hard tyres for a new set of soft tyres for a final push to try and catch Lewis. Initially, it sounded like the stewards weren't going to allow the lapped cars to unlap themselves, and out of no where, they decided to allow it, but not ALL of them... just the cars between Lewis and Max putting Max (on fresh, soft tyres) right next to Lewis (on worn hard tyres) close enough to kiss, and the session resumed with one lap to go.

As expected, Max shot out like a bullet and took the lead within seconds. and a minute and half later, Max was crowned champion.

I'm now fan of Lewis', and I certainly do not like Max, so I didn't care who won, but this was utter bullshit. The stewards didn't want to end the race under a yellow flag; they wanted at least one lap of racing, but the way they went about it clearly gave Max an extremely unfair advantage. Max got fresh soft tyres expecting to have to navigate lapped traffic, and the stewards put it on easy mode by removing the lapped traffic. For all intents and purposes, they GAVE Max the win; there was no way Lewis could have won at that point without some extremely reckless driving, and even then, it would have be nigh impossible fighting a driver as aggressive as Max.

Unlike Max who stormed off the podium last week in Saudi Arabia, Lewis was gracious, even congratulated Max on his "win," and during his 2nd place speech, had nothing but high praise for him and his skill.

*For some poetry, Mick Schumacher is the son of Michael Schumacher, a 7-time F1 world champion. Lewis Hamilton is currently tied with that record; had he have won yesterday, he would have broken that record. Not saying it was intentional, but Mick protected his father's legacy by being the catalyst that set off the chain of events that altered the outcome of the race.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Huh, after the debacle that was the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, managing director of Formula 1 is banning communications between team bosses and the FIA's Michael Masi in 2022.

Along with team communications between the pit wall and drivers, they added communications between team principles and the FIA to television broadcasts to give fans a bit more insight into the nuances of the sport. However, Sunday showed how the teams were trying to influence the race in their favor: Mercedes' Toto Wolff insisting Michael Masi not to bring out a safety car after Latifi's incident in the final laps, Red Bull's Christian Horner insisting Masi let lapped traffic through, etc.

I understand it must be hard to manage a race involving 20 cars doing +150mph at any given time; I understand Masi's job is hard, and having 10 teams screaming opposing demands in his ear has got to be stressful, but I think cutting off ALL communication between him and the teams is the wrong decision and the coward's way out. This is akin lawyers not being able to speak during a trial, and the judge making rulings without question. This effectively makes Masi infallible which Sunday showed us he most certainly IS fallible!

If anything, they need to revisit the rule book, firm up the rules and eliminate the vast expanse of grey area so no one need question Masi's choices. Incidents happen in damn near every race, but not so often that vetting between teams and Masi can't happen in a controlled and civilized manner. Maybe their delivery was wrong (it was the final race for the championship, damnit,) but both Wolff and Horner had reasons for concern as Masi's decision would ultimately decide the race before it was even done!

I think one change to the rules should be not to not allow pitting under a yellow flag. They call these "cheap" pit stops because as the race is effectively at a halt, drivers can come in and get fresh tyres without worrying about losing too much ground as they would during a fully active race. Verstappen pitted under the yellow and gained a massive advantage of new, soft tyres while the race leader (Hamilton,) who needed newer tyres more than anyone, had already passed pit lane and wasn't afforded the same opportunity. Then Masi allowed lap traffic through and put Verstappen directly on Hamilton's ass. I understand why Wolff was furious with Masi. Hamilton had driven a divine race, and it was taken from him "because Masi said."

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
With how often managers, players, and fans like to blame referees for "favoring" their opponents, I'd like to see some statistical analysis if these claims have any merit. Because besides just good old bribery and corruption, I can't see why a referee would favor one team over the other.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
With how often managers, players, and fans like to blame referees for "favoring" their opponents, I'd like to see some statistical analysis if these claims have any merit. Because besides just good old bribery and corruption, I can't see why a referee would favor one team over the other.
Well, in some cases the reason would be petty and personal. A personal grudge against a specific player or something petty and stupid like that. In most cases its more conspiratorial, not directed at the refs specifically but as a tool for the owners, league... whomever they are paid by. Something like "the Yankees are a bigger market and the league will make more money if they go to the World Series than if the Royals do." That sort of thing.

The reality, it is like most conspiracies... complete bunk. Isolated incidents of actual bias exist. Almost all are just accusations without any merit. And some can just be attributed to a ref's decision is just a judgment call... and people are very fallible. The example of that... Joe West springs to mind.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
There is no concrete, statistical analysis regarding the depth/frequency of corruption amongst referees; it'd be kinda shitty if there were.

That said, don't put too much weight on complaints about refereeing; in every two-team/player sport which requires a ref to intervene, half the fandom is going to be upset and claim bias; that's a part of the fun. It's what fans do: project. We can't accept that "our team" fucked up, therefore the guys/gals on the field managing the game who stop said game to say "YOU fucked up" are idiots favoring the other team.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Huh, after the debacle that was the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, managing director of Formula 1 is banning communications between team bosses and the FIA's Michael Masi in 2022.

Along with team communications between the pit wall and drivers, they added communications between team principles and the FIA to television broadcasts to give fans a bit more insight into the nuances of the sport. However, Sunday showed how the teams were trying to influence the race in their favor: Mercedes' Toto Wolff insisting Michael Masi not to bring out a safety car after Latifi's incident in the final laps, Red Bull's Christian Horner insisting Masi let lapped traffic through, etc.

I understand it must be hard to manage a race involving 20 cars doing +150mph at any given time; I understand Masi's job is hard, and having 10 teams screaming opposing demands in his ear has got to be stressful, but I think cutting off ALL communication between him and the teams is the wrong decision and the coward's way out. This is akin lawyers not being able to speak during a trial, and the judge making rulings without question. This effectively makes Masi infallible which Sunday showed us he most certainly IS fallible!

If anything, they need to revisit the rule book, firm up the rules and eliminate the vast expanse of grey area so no one need question Masi's choices. Incidents happen in damn near every race, but not so often that vetting between teams and Masi can't happen in a controlled and civilized manner. Maybe their delivery was wrong (it was the final race for the championship, damnit,) but both Wolff and Horner had reasons for concern as Masi's decision would ultimately decide the race before it was even done!

I think one change to the rules should be not to not allow pitting under a yellow flag. They call these "cheap" pit stops because as the race is effectively at a halt, drivers can come in and get fresh tyres without worrying about losing too much ground as they would during a fully active race. Verstappen pitted under the yellow and gained a massive advantage of new, soft tyres while the race leader (Hamilton,) who needed newer tyres more than anyone, had already passed pit lane and wasn't afforded the same opportunity. Then Masi allowed lap traffic through and put Verstappen directly on Hamilton's ass. I understand why Wolff was furious with Masi. Hamilton had driven a divine race, and it was taken from him "because Masi said."

I've come to terms with everything that happened. Those are the rules that were in place at the time, wether we like them or not. I think the wrong choice was made but it is what it is. What the FIA need to do is expand its team on race day. The race director really shouldn't have people screaming inter ear, they should be focused on the logistics of the race. They need team liaisons, a team announcer, or someone who at worst just tells teams to fuck off. I think they need an independent reviewer as well. Someone or a team that handles penalties and protests. I reckon the thing that got people most wound up was the investigations. If the FIA investigates the FIA and found the FIA did nothing wrong then its really not going to solve anything if they are never going to admit that they made a mistake, let alone a mistake that decided the championship.

Anyway, as much as an impact that it had, one moment doesn't decide a championship. Would have liked Lewis to win that record title, but he'll be back next year. I hope people aren't going to pull the 'robbed/tainted' card when they bring this season up. It wasn't the first title won under controversy and it won't the the last. Still great season, should hopefully only get better with the new regs and salary cap.

The only ref I can remember thinking that about it Mike Dean, but I think that's because he's a self-entitled, limelight craving ****, rather than being a bribe taker. In the Prem at least I think everyones on the level, the refs are paid pretty well.

The whole sport is well past the point of needing two or more on field refs, or god forbid, well implemented off field officiating.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've come to terms with everything that happened. Those are the rules that were in place at the time, wether we like them or not. I think the wrong choice was made but it is what it is. What the FIA need to do is expand its team on race day. The race director really shouldn't have people screaming inter ear, they should be focused on the logistics of the race. They need team liaisons, a team announcer, or someone who at worst just tells teams to fuck off. I think they need an independent reviewer as well. Someone or a team that handles penalties and protests. I reckon the thing that got people most wound up was the investigations. If the FIA investigates the FIA and found the FIA did nothing wrong then its really not going to solve anything if they are never going to admit that they made a mistake, let alone a mistake that decided the championship.

Anyway, as much as an impact that it had, one moment doesn't decide a championship. Would have liked Lewis to win that record title, but he'll be back next year. I hope people aren't going to pull the 'robbed/tainted' card when they bring this season up. It wasn't the first title won under controversy and it won't the the last. Still great season, should hopefully only get better with the new regs and salary cap.
You are absolutely correct; one moment does not decide a championship, and I think that's what a lot of fans lose sight of when stuff like this happens. But, one could argue that championships this tight should be scrutinized with the finest of toothed combs; fans deserved better. Masi told Wolff "It's called motor racing," for fuck's sake; it's NOT really motor racing when you pit the tied championship contenders against one another with one having his hands tied behind his back and permitting the other to effectively take his own gloves OFF. Masi took "the rules" and just threw them on track, and while it can be argued it was within bounds... he HAD to consider the implications. He HAD to consider that millions of F1 fans around the world were watching this amazing season-long fight was finally coming to a head, and that mixing everything up in the final lap so much in Red Bull's favor was not going to go over well. It's petty and would never happen, but I'd have much rather the championship be decided by say a 10-lap, head to head race, Hamilton vs. Verstappen, both on new soft tyres, winner takes all; let skill do the talking.

Masi's decision-making skills remind me of one of my favorite episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: an epic season coming down to effectively a coin toss.

But, like you, I've come to terms with it. It's over. It's done. Max's championship will forever be tainted by no fault of his own, and at this point, I don't think ceding it to Lewis is an acceptable answer either (I don't think he'd even want it because how would that even look?) So on to 2022. New regs, new cars, new championship battle; we'll live with the asterisk next to 2021 and move on. But Masi should tighten up his resume...

Reactions: Offworlder

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Sorry, @Offworlder, as my social media and YouTube algorithms won't let me let it go, I feel the need to...

Haha not at all, I'm a big Chain Bear fan. Nice to hear some level headed analysis after my group chat/Discord shit storms. He made some good points about inconsistent officiating though, they really need to fix things up along with the new era of racing coming in. I think this time its going to go down as a bad decition at a bad time, but I already know a few people who are fed up with it at this point. Fresh era, fresh start, lets hope its all reviewed before next season.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I had low expectations going into this Ashes series, but fuck me, this is unwatchable. In 7 days of test cricket I think there's been 3, maybe 4 hours of interesting watchable play, everything else has been a complete one sided demolition. This is 2013/14 levels of incompetence from England. Picking two spinners in the squad and picking neither when one shits the bed and leaving Root to bowl 15+ overs. Picking Butler based on 'iNteNt' rather than the fact that he's test quality keeper, which he fucking isn't. Not putting Broad in the team in the first test on an absolute road where his experience would have been invaluable. Plopping Burns and Hameed out there to die so you might as well just start 2 wickets down rather than pick someone with a bit of promise and grit. Using the exact same tactics you used for the last 9 test defeats in Australia.

And don't give me that shit about a 'weak talent pool', I've seen teams worse than this at least try and put up a fight in Australia. The Pakistan team who last came here came within 40 runs of pulling of an unlikely win on the last day. Some of the West Indian teams who came here for the last few tours, who are made up of dudes who are second picks to the guys who chase the money in T20 leagues, at least pretended like they wanted to be here. Jason Holder at least looked like he wanted to win. That last New Zealand tour was amazing with Neil Wagner bowling at peoples heads. They lost handily but it was entertainment.

Instead we get baby faced Joe Root trying to talk about positives and the future. You should be here to win, not thinking about the next series you have to play.
Nowadays, if I look at the fixture list, and the visiting team isn't India or a fully healthy South Africa, it's instantly a 'maybe' watch for me. This is the Ashes, I should be excited about this, not using it as a sleeping aide. I know it's hard to come to Australia and win. It's one of, if not the, hardest away tour to be successful at. But fuck me, try.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Haha not at all, I'm a big Chain Bear fan. Nice to hear some level headed analysis after my group chat/Discord shit storms. He made some good points about inconsistent officiating though, they really need to fix things up along with the new era of racing coming in. I think this time its going to go down as a bad decition at a bad time, but I already know a few people who are fed up with it at this point. Fresh era, fresh start, lets hope its all reviewed before next season.
Yeah, all the ranting and raving aside, it was quite nice to hear this ire set out rationally and reasonably. I think I can let it go now. Now, I just need to track down some Alfa Romeo #77 gear before March; I'm ready to put 2021 behind us.

I had low expectations going into this Ashes series, but fuck me, this is unwatchable. In 7 days of test cricket I think there's been 3, maybe 4 hours of interesting watchable play, everything else has been a complete one sided demolition. This is 2013/14 levels of incompetence from England. Picking two spinners in the squad and picking neither when one shits the bed and leaving Root to bowl 15+ overs. Picking Butler based on 'iNteNt' rather than the fact that he's test quality keeper, which he fucking isn't. Not putting Broad in the team in the first test on an absolute road where his experience would have been invaluable. Plopping Burns and Hameed out there to die so you might as well just start 2 wickets down rather than pick someone with a bit of promise and grit. Using the exact same tactics you used for the last 9 test defeats in Australia.

And don't give me that shit about a 'weak talent pool', I've seen teams worse than this at least try and put up a fight in Australia. The Pakistan team who last came here came within 40 runs of pulling of an unlikely win on the last day. Some of the West Indian teams who came here for the last few tours, who are made up of dudes who are second picks to the guys who chase the money in T20 leagues, at least pretended like they wanted to be here. Jason Holder at least looked like he wanted to win. That last New Zealand tour was amazing with Neil Wagner bowling at peoples heads. They lost handily but it was entertainment.

Instead we get baby faced Joe Root trying to talk about positives and the future. You should be here to win, not thinking about the next series you have to play.
Nowadays, if I look at the fixture list, and the visiting team isn't India or a fully healthy South Africa, it's instantly a 'maybe' watch for me. This is the Ashes, I should be excited about this, not using it as a sleeping aide. I know it's hard to come to Australia and win. It's one of, if not the, hardest away tour to be successful at. But fuck me, try.
We're huge sports fans in this house, and cricket is one we've not seen yet, but I've some co-workers overseas in India who're cricket fans who kinda sparked some interest in me. I'll have to see if it's available in our market, though in the thick of NFL and NCAA football bowl games, I think cricket might be a hard ask here in 'Murica.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
We're huge sports fans in this house, and cricket is one we've not seen yet, but I've some co-workers overseas in India who're cricket fans who kinda sparked some interest in me. I'll have to see if it's available in our market, though in the thick of NFL and NCAA football bowl games, I think cricket might be a hard ask here in 'Murica.

Oh I completely get that, I just needed somewhere to rant. I'm the only one in my friend group who does the sportsball, so I knew ya'll would at least understand my pain of trash competition. To put it in USA terms, imagine the 2007 Patriots played the 2017 Browns five times in a row, and the 2017 Browns talked about "pOsItIvEs" after getting absolutely demolished every game, all the while bragging about a two year preparation period that they underwent to get ready for said games. Its one of the oldest sports rivalries in history and I roll my eyes ever time it comes around. Covid already beat the life out of me, I just wanted to enjoy some decent cricket and England have come over here three tours in a row and shit the bed. Serves me right for getting my hopes up after everything that has happened over the last two years.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Might want to ease into cricket with some T20 or one day games before attempting to invest the time to watch a Test match.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Might want to ease into cricket with some T20 or one day games before attempting to invest the time to watch a Test match.
100%. The West Indies have already played some T20 matches in the US, and I wouldn't be surprised if the CPL hosted some stateside as well.

For new viewers here's the biggest boy in existence, Arron Finch, hitting absolute dingers:

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
100%. The West Indies have already played some T20 matches in the US, and I wouldn't be surprised if the CPL hosted some stateside as well.
I think the way limited overs matches reduce the utility of defensive batting (and the more limited the overs the more the utility is reduced) makes it far more interesting to watch for everyone except the rusted-on test match fanatics... but hey, if they want to get excited over the strategic intricacies of several hours of nothing but cover strokes I'm not going to try to stop them.

For new viewers here's the biggest boy in existence, Arron Finch, hitting absolute dingers:
The way he gets under the deliveries and just absolutely roosts them is amazing.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Actually took a lot longer than I expected but the man who got to be the starter subject in the thread got Covid.

At least he didn't do it during a pivotal division game that will almost certainly decide the season for the team!

Vikings_Fan.jpg

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia

Actually took a lot longer than I expected but the man who got to be the starter subject in the thread got Covid.

At least he didn't do it during a pivotal division game that will almost certainly decide the season for the team!

View attachment 5226
Was bound to happen to him Beasley and Irving eventually. I’m hoping this makes them get vaxed but bruised egos will probably make them double down.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

What a weird uncharacteristic outburst from someone that is usually so humble and doesn't rock the boat...