SPORTS BALL!!! v2.0

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Actually took a lot longer than I expected but the man who got to be the starter subject in the thread got Covid.

At least he didn't do it during a pivotal division game that will almost certainly decide the season for the team!

View attachment 5226
Argh, you got to it before I did. What sucks worse is his (your) team really needed him yesterday. He said "if I die, I die;" I wonder if he considered the selfishness of "if I can't play, I can't play," and if he appreciates the unequally distributed gravity he's allotted between those two sentiments.

What a weird uncharacteristic outburst from someone that is usually so humble and doesn't rock the boat...
Brown is the prodigal son that only pretends to have learned better, but at this point, I'm not sure who's supposed to have learned anything between him and the league. It's like a toxic, codependent relationship between those two. The NFL needs to realize that as good as he is, he's athletically long in the tooth, and his abilities aren't worth the time and investment his inexorable negative attention brings.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

The AB Saga might have gotten just a little spicier...
If true, spicier indeed. But AB has been the catalyst for so much mayhem, played "victim" so many times when clearly acting out of line with poor judgment... I'm not sure what to believe. I'm sure more will come out from the Bucs' side as this is fairly damning of Arians, and whenever someone cries wolf about leadership, they're basically obligated to run and look for said wolf.

I'm curious why no video has come out of the supposed throat-cutting gesture AB mentioned; a Super Bowl-winning head coach addressing a celebrity player, ONE of the dozens of cameras had to be pointed at them. Several certainly didn't miss the public tantrum AB threw afterwards.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
If true, spicier indeed. But AB has been the catalyst for so much mayhem, played "victim" so many times when clearly acting out of line with poor judgment... I'm not sure what to believe. I'm sure more will come out from the Bucs' side as this is fairly damning of Arians, and whenever someone cries wolf about leadership, they're basically obligated to run and look for said wolf.

I'm curious why no video has come out of the supposed throat-cutting gesture AB mentioned; a Super Bowl-winning head coach addressing a celebrity player, ONE of the dozens of cameras had to be pointed at them. Several certainly didn't miss the public tantrum AB threw afterwards.
The only reason I'm more inclined to believe AB here is the MRI/Surgery. If he's lying, we're gonna find out REAL quick when he had no MRI and no surgery. He was also on the injury report all week as DNP with an ankle injury so Arians saying he knew nothing about an ankle injury is suspect at best.

Either way, I expect we'll know a lot more in the next week or so. Like everything, I'm guessing both are somewhat at fault and underplaying their part but we shall see...

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The only reason I'm more inclined to believe AB here is the MRI/Surgery. If he's lying, we're gonna find out REAL quick when he had no MRI and no surgery. He was also on the injury report all week as DNP with an ankle injury so Arians saying he knew nothing about an ankle injury is suspect at best.

Either way, I expect we'll know a lot more in the next week or so. Like everything, I'm guessing both are somewhat at fault and underplaying their part but we shall see...
Oddly enough, that's the same reason I'm inclined to disbelieve AB. I only watched the presser with Arians once, but I was under the impression when he said he "didn't talk about" about AB's ankle, he was talking about in that immediate moment during the game. Of course he would know about the prior injury and that anyone could verify it, so why would he bald-face lie about it during a presser? Particularly given AB's volatile nature and that this latest antic was already making headlines?

Also AB's penchant for poor judgment. I don't know much about Arians, but I know AB has acted erratically enough in very recent history that many speculate he might be suffering from CTE, that's how clinically unreasonable he has been. That statement felt too rational and well-reasoned for AB, as sad as that is to say.

But you're right, there's definitely more to come...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Welp, it's official: Antonio Brown released by the Buccaneers. Not surprised; you only get so many second chances, and he's exhausted 3-4 of 'em in a very short period of time.

I really want to see what they suss out between those texts, what Arians "knew" and what actually transpired on the sideline before AB stripped half-naked and jumping jacked off the field in the middle of that game, though. I think it's a complex story that both sides have their own take on that incriminates the other. Regardless, AB is extremely toxic, and I wouldn't expect any team to pick him up again, especially after coming back from ankle surgery. He's the hot potato that the Bucs just happen to be the ones to let hit the ground. Game over.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wow, this keeps getting weirder and weirder.

I don't think there is a "good guy" or "right side" in this story.
Jesus, this man is a walking media/PR disaster. And people thought Terrell Owens was a shitty teammate? AB makes Owens look the guy playing guitar in a song circle.

Last edited:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It would never actually happen unfortunately but The Colts losing means it would be in the best interest of both The Chargers and The Raiders to just kneel down and punt in every snap and take the tie as both teams will make the playoffs that way.

I so very much want it to happen though...

EDIT: 2 minutes left in OT!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: Awwww :(

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It would never actually happen unfortunately but The Colts losing means it would be in the best interest of both The Chargers and The Raiders to just kneel down and punt in every snap and take the tie as both teams will make the playoffs that way.

I so very much want it to happen though...

EDIT: 2 minutes left in OT!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: Awwww :(
In other "what the hell happened" NFL news, how did the Jaguars beat the Colts?!? How did the Seahawks beat the Cardinals?!? And I know the Packers weren't really "trying" with nothing to lose, but how did they let the Lions win?!? I mean, play with some dignity!

I thought for sure all the sports media talking up the 49ers 5-game winning streak against divisional rivals the Rams was going to jinx them yesterday. Everything seemed to be leaning the Rams' way this time with a slew of talent and consistency versus our "win some, lose some" mentality befitting our 9-7 record, and it was certainly leaning their way when the Rams got out to a 17-0 lead. I pretty much wrote the game off, watching it only to see how bad it was going to get... then my 49ers came back and won in OT. Needless to say, my voice was gone by the time that game ended.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I had Buffalo as dark horses but if they keep the focus up they’ve gotta be AFC champs for sure. Ran over the top of them today. The Pats shouldn’t feel too bad, they were trash but to make it this far with a rookie QB whilst rebuilding at the same time is a good season imo.

Also, one of my supervisors at work is an insufferable Raiders fan, so Jackpot Joey is now my favourite player in the league for shutting him up for once.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
This weekend game's kind of sucked (Glad we decided to put in a 7th seed guys because The Chiefs vs Steelers was SUPER compelling to watch and The Eagles vs Buccaneers wasn't literally painful to watch as Hurts led up to his name...) but next week looks like real playoff football will start.

All four games I think could go either way as all eight teams left in contention have strengths that could carry them or weaknesses that could kill them, which in theory at least should make for four really good games. The weakest of the games seem to be 9ers v Packers but even then, 9ers have been surprising us all season so it's not impossible that they get hot at the right time and take down Aaron "Depends on what the meaning of the word is is" Rodgers.

I would be happy (as a non-biased viewer) to see any of these eight teams make it.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Oh, also, fuck off Dak

Fans shouldn't be throwing shit at ANYONE but if anyone deserved having shit thrown at them, it was you for being a moron.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Oh, also, fuck off Dak

Fans shouldn't be throwing shit at ANYONE but if anyone deserved having shit thrown at them, it was you for being a moron.
Nothing gives me more joy than watching "Murica's team" just falter and fail. Also Dak is just playing 4D chess by having the officials get pelted the fans will ignore him not just giving the official the ball and screwing over your time and field position.

My bulls after a 11 game win streak are in a bit of a slump due to covid and injuries but this whole exchange seems to be this slump manifested.
Also how you going to be 6"7 and get carried away like a toddler. Get it together Bradley.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Also how you going to be 6"7 and get carried away like a toddler. Get it together Bradley.
To Steven Adams, every man is a toddler.

OT: I don't follow tennis, but that some Serbian folk are claiming the Djokovic fiasco has to do with discrimination against Serbians is a little silly to me. I didn't even know the man was Serbian, and I thought he should get the boot.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
OT: I don't follow tennis, but that some Serbian folk are claiming the Djokovic fiasco has to do with discrimination against Serbians is a little silly to me. I didn't even know the man was Serbian, and I thought he should get the boot.
Nah, he got booted because the Australian Federal Govt needed to look like they're doing something for once instead of looking like a burning clown car.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Nah, he got booted because the Australian Federal Govt needed to look like they're doing something for once instead of looking like a burning clown car.
I did find it funny that they flipflopped on that so much. Why is it even really the federal government's decision? I feel like the organizers of the tournament (or whatever it's called in tennis) should have decided much sooner. Mayhaps they did and the government disagreed. Whatever it is, definitely embarrassing for all parties involved.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I did find it funny that they flipflopped on that so much. Why is it even really the federal government's decision?
They cancelled his visa claiming that his uncertain vaccination status was in violation of requirements to hold a visa... and also something about being a risk to public health.

I feel like the organizers of the tournament (or whatever it's called in tennis) should have decided much sooner. Mayhaps they did and the government disagreed. Whatever it is, definitely embarrassing for all parties involved.
It seems that too many people just assumed that, despite the govt's posturing for weeks saying they weren't just going to give Djokovic a medical exemption to the visa requirements, the govt were going to give in and allow him to have a medical exemption.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh, also, fuck off Dak

Been in Texas for 11 years now, and it's always the same for this fair-weather lot:

Cowboys doing great: "WE DEM 'BOYS!!! Going to the Super Bowl!!!"

Cowboys lose a game: "Fire everyone. Our quarterback ain't shit. Jerry Jones needs to hurry up and die already."

As a Niners fan, I absolutely loved the game Sunday (obviously,) but I won't lie, I was nervous going in. The Cowboys had just finished a couple of games where they hung over 50 points on division rivals and were looking really good versus my Niners, a team who looks like they can beat anyone AND lose to anyone depending on which Jimmy G shows up. The win was a much welcome surprise. All my Cowboys fan friends talked a big game, now I'm owed no fewer than 5 drinks and about $40. The litany of excuses they've come up with range from the front office to the fucking waterboy and everyone in between. Someone actually said they need to fire Dak Prescott! He's probably the only consistently good thing they've got going, but they're calling for his head. I saw a video online of two Cowboys fans fighting each other while Niners fans looked on.

I understand it's been a while for them, and losing in the 1st round to a long-time rival that only made it into the wild card by the skin of our teeth stings, but these fans are ridiculous.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I did find it funny that they flipflopped on that so much. Why is it even really the federal government's decision? I feel like the organizers of the tournament (or whatever it's called in tennis) should have decided much sooner. Mayhaps they did and the government disagreed. Whatever it is, definitely embarrassing for all parties involved.
It was a shitshow of ego and incompetence on both sides.

We’re currently suffering under on of the worst governments this country has ever seen who base everything they do on public perspective. They were ready to ship his ass off until they got the slightest public pushback. They had to look like they were taking a stance without actually doing anything to take the blame so they gave him chance after chance until it went to court and be dealt with by judges. A wonderful use of the legal system.

Djokovic came here after spewing anti-vax bullshit, got around travel protocols by lying about his vaccination status with some made up ‘medical exemption’, tested positive for covid and went out in public anyway, and bitched and moaned about persecution. Theres still some wannabe patriots trying to martyr him as some champion of freedom, but they’re fucking insane.

This is just my own tinfoil conspiracy but I wouldn’t be surprised if Tennis Australia were pulling strings in order to get him into the tournament somehow seeing he’s world number one and a favourite to win. They really need big names with Federer not coming out anymore, Nadal getting older and the young stars not having the same pull.

Also worth mentioning that the AO is held in Melbourne which went through brutal outbreaks and lockdowns. Having some un-vaxed millionaire dumbass come in and be praised whilst they went through hell obviously made people furious.

Fortunately the tournament has finally started and should be interesting seeing we might get a new/unseen winner. The right outcome was reached but fuck me, we could have all done without narcissistic dumb cunts making a mountain out of a molehill.