Square Enix Dusts Off Final Fantasy X for PS3 Remake

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
It makes sense, all the other FF games have had a revamped/new console release, this was the next in line.

Though a remake of VII would be the highlight of any present console generation, I can see the X remake as he waters" move.another "testing t

May 25, 2010
Archangel768 said:
My favourite game ever and I can't wait for it.

Also, the thing you said about the protagonist in the article is a huge spoiler. I know this game is old but there are many people that will probably not have played this before that will be buying the HD release. So maybe it would be a good idea to put that in spoiler tags or something. Sorry but I just hate stories being spoiled no matter how old the game might be.
It definitely is a spoiler, but I think most people aren't going to understand it and will have forgotten about it by the time they play the game. Still, he shouldn't have mentioned it at all.

longboardfan

Jul 27, 2011
Archangel768 said:
My favourite game ever and I can't wait for it.

Also, the thing you said about the protagonist in the article is a huge spoiler. I know this game is old but there are many people that will probably not have played this before that will be buying the HD release. So maybe it would be a good idea to put that in spoiler tags or something. Sorry but I just hate stories being spoiled no matter how old the game might be.
Wait really? You serious? Spoiler tags on a game that came out ten years ago? The fate of Tidas is well known gamer cultural knowledge. Even players that have never played it have at least heard of the terrible plot, bad voice acting, and the ending.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm in the "FFX lover" category, but even I'm surprised at this. Of all the mainstream Final Fantasy games, excluding XII, X is the one in least need of being remade. You just know that it's because FFX is the easiest one to just update the graphics to. This just screams cash-grab.

Terrible, Square-Enix. Terrible, and fucking lazy.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
You'll give this a remake, but won't give FFVI or FFIV from the SNES era, which are far superiors games, a modern upgrade. Way to go SE.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
Final Fantasy X was - and still is - a good game
No, no it really wasn't. That said, I did like the idea of an rpg in a sort of tropical setting, so maybe they'll use this remake as a chance to polish out a lot of the piss taking stuff like tedious collection quest, shitty minigames, awful character designs (sans Jet), and the almost unrelenting linearity that only lets up near the end for a bunch of sidequests that have almost no in-game hint as to their existence or how exactly to complete them. And maybe I'll become a sorceress queen that conquers the stars.
With respect, you can't look at a game that received glowing praise from both critics and gamers alike and say, objectively, that the game was bad. It might not have been your cup of tea, certainly, but that by no means makes it a bad game.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'd rather have that FFVII remake, but FFX was pretty amazing, too. I doubt I'll buy it unless they release more content with it, though. Or remake it as the international edition.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
great, take the one that sucks just SLIGHTLY less than the others (that are not 7 and 9) and give THAT one a remake.

sorry but i'm with Spoony, this game blew the first time around.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:
FredTheUndead said:
Final Fantasy X was - and still is - a good game
No, no it really wasn't. That said, I did like the idea of an rpg in a sort of tropical setting, so maybe they'll use this remake as a chance to polish out a lot of the piss taking stuff like tedious collection quest, shitty minigames, awful character designs (sans Jet), and the almost unrelenting linearity that only lets up near the end for a bunch of sidequests that have almost no in-game hint as to their existence or how exactly to complete them. And maybe I'll become a sorceress queen that conquers the stars.
With respect, you can't look at a game that received glowing praise from both critics and gamers alike and say, objectively, that the game was bad. It might not have been your cup of tea, certainly, but that by no means makes it a bad game.
I can do exactly that because I found almost no parts of the game worthy of praise. It's not as bad as 8, but it's pretty bad.

Gally-Kid

May 14, 2009
I will only be getting this for 2 reasons. Auron and his badass swords and getting a chance to recreate my glorious Bahamut.
Controlling the Aeons was the most fun part of the entire game for me.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
So Square Enix really is out of ideas? I'm not against the remake, its a very good game after all. But it seems a tad pointless to me. The graphics aren't even that bad, even for today's standards. I'd rather see them put the resources into making a new, GOOD, ff game.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
I can do exactly that because I found almost no parts of the game worthy of praise. It's not as bad as 8, but it's pretty bad.
Okay, then in -your opinion- Final Fantasy X was a godawful game. I can accept that, as I can't really tell you any different.

Forgive me, but online grammar lends itself to a lot of misinterpretation, and 90% of the people I see are (either intentionally or unintentionally) presenting all of their opinions and observations as fact, rather than simply acknowledging that it's just their point of view.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Dear Square:

Also, thank you for not deciding to go with XII over this one.

Now don't get me wrong, my favorite FF game, and the one I feel most deserves a remake would actually be IX, but I understand why they went with this one first. It's much easier to remake than any of the PS1 era would be. Still, I'm hoping Square will do well enough here that they feel like making more remakes.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
*Sigh* I just finished playing through FFX the other day (I can't remember exactly, but long enough ago for me to have finished Shadow Hearts Covenent, Dirge of Cerberus and Zelda: Ocarina of time Master Quest)

Did it really need new visuals? The only really big thing I saw in my play through was the fact that back then faces sucked at showing expressions (Which was only pointed out when Yuna said she was frowning... But still had the same expression she had the entire game)

Also WTB FFVIII... Mines broken and is the only one in my collection I haven't recently played through (Well that and Crystal Chronicles... Because like hell can I be bothered with finding a working GC memory card)

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I do consider this good news, but the only reason I would buy it is if they included all the extra stuff from the International Version.