StarCraft II Collector's Edition: The Unboxing

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
Have to agree with Funk, the artbook is usually the best part of a collectors edition, especially since soundtracks tend to be part of the same dvd as other things these days rather than an actual audio cd. Personally I quite like the makings of though, can provide some interesting insight when you get the writers and such talking rather than the programmers.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
It's very nice, but nothing I want.

I'm pretty sure I've got an old CD of Starcraft somewhere around here... and if not, I can find it somewhere else. Since there are still those Battle Chests at Best Buy I keep seeing and I can buy it off of a website somewhere else brand new.

Otherwise yeah, I'd be kicking myself right now. In fact, I should buy that Battle Chest just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Oh and awesome for you getting a free copy, that's just a tremendous amount of luck. Or is it a bribe? ... I'm on to you!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
-wipes away tears of joy- Happy StarCraft 2 Eve to you too, John Funk. -salutes-

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I have a very important question: What is in the manual?? Is it anywhere near as awesome as the original SC manual?? Unit descriptions and histories? Race histories or updates since SC1? Anything?

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Sweet buttery chocolate-coated tap dancing donkey kong Jesus riding a puff of smoke that is awesome!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao. Brilliant! I cant wait to get mine tommorow! Everyone in office will be like.."Huh!? What is that?" And I will be like "Behold...Awesome!"

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
I will be at work and people will go "What's that made of?" and I can just go "It's made of win."

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Sick video John, I cant wait until about 2 tonight when I'll be opening mine :) (Accounting for a large crowd, of course)

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
You're only gonna be looking at it for a few hours, I've been looking at it since freaking Saturday because pretty much every shop around here broke the release date. Can't complain though, since I managed to track down possibly one of the less than 10 "rogue" collector's editions that were not tied to a preorder in my whole country, so I guess the trip downtown at 8 in the morning was worth it.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
My Collectors Edition arrived this morning, I was very saddened when it gave me a message telling me I couldn't install it. The USB Drive is awesome, it lights up when you plug it in to your PC, now I'm going to go play WoW and enjoy my new Mini Thor pet that does it's animations a little too frequently.

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
I can't wait till mine ships! I don't mind waiting for something so awesome. But I refuse to watch the vid. I don't want to spoil it ;)

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
dommyuk said:
My Collectors Edition arrived this morning, I was very saddened when it gave me a message telling me I couldn't install it. The USB Drive is awesome, it lights up when you plug it in to your PC, now I'm going to go play WoW and enjoy my new Mini Thor pet that does it's animations a little too frequently.
Oh yeah, damn, not gonna get a chance to see this, since I quit WoW a year ago. How does it work anyway? Just by registering your CE key you get a mail on WoW?

Shelliac

Mar 22, 2010
As sweet as Starcraft II is (played the BETA from my pre-order) seeing what is in the collector's edition is kinda meh, especially since the collectors edition is almost $100.

BTW, what happened to the custom pet for World of Warcraft that was supposed to come with the collectors edition? There was no mention of it during the video?

Oh, I see someone posted further down about that, nevermind. Still seems a bit lacking for $100, especially with the economy being as it is right now, we will see.