StarCraft II Collector's Edition: The Unboxing

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I like your facial hair. It looks like what my boyfriend used to have.

Also, I'm digging the Collection's edition. I like it a lot.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Very nice, I have to admit, but even so I'd never be willing to shell out this much money for one box, no matter how cool the goodies are. I mean, what was it? 150 bucks? Yeah, no thank you.
Looking forward to playing the game, though.

-edit- Got it mixed up with Kinect. Lol. Over here it's actually 86 Euros... almost affordable, but I'll pass nonetheless. Besides, as always Germany gets the fucking German dub without the original English dialogue, so I won't be buying it at a local retailer anyway.

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
Getting mine tonight at BB at 12:01 AM, the nice thing is I was able to call in today and reserve one. Short line here I come! Funk did not mention the WoW pet for those who care about such things.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Everything about StarCraft appeals to me. The Collector's Edition is one of those aspects, it's just amazing.

Unfortunately, the only thing that doesn't appeal to me is the gameplay. I am awful at RTSes, but I really want to buy this Collector's Edition, because it's awesome. I guess I'll just have to pass.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
Carnagath said:
dommyuk said:
My Collectors Edition arrived this morning, I was very saddened when it gave me a message telling me I couldn't install it. The USB Drive is awesome, it lights up when you plug it in to your PC, now I'm going to go play WoW and enjoy my new Mini Thor pet that does it's animations a little too frequently.
Oh yeah, damn, not gonna get a chance to see this, since I quit WoW a year ago. How does it work anyway? Just by registering your CE key you get a mail on WoW?
That's exactly how it's done. :p

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sonicron said:
Very nice, I have to admit, but even so I'd never be willing to shell out this much money for one box, no matter how cool the goodies are. I mean, what was it? 150 bucks? Yeah, no thank you.
Looking forward to playing the game, though.
$100.

The game ($60), SC1+Brood War ($15), and I think the artbook/DVD/Soundtrack are more than worth the remaining $25.

Shelliac said:
As sweet as Starcraft II is (played the BETA from my pre-order) seeing what is in the collector's edition is kinda meh, especially since the collectors edition is almost $100.

BTW, what happened to the custom pet for World of Warcraft that was supposed to come with the collectors edition? There was no mention of it during the video?

Oh, I see someone posted further down about that, nevermind. Still seems a bit lacking for $100, especially with the economy being as it is right now, we will see.
It's a bit difficult to show an in-game WoW pet in an unboxing video :(

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
John Funk said:
It's a bit difficult to show an in-game WoW pet in an unboxing video :(
That is a good point but you could have mentioned it. It's ok with me i stopped playing WoW a year ago. I am hoping I can give my pet to my wife, but I am doubting it.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
The site where I'm getting mine CE from (just got an email it shipped at 18:33 GMT+1) still has them, though it's for Dutch only.
EDIT: Nvm, not showing up on their site anymore.

I didn't dare to watch this vid. I don't want it spoiled :D After I come back from work tomorrow, it's going to be FUCKING SWEET. No work for me wednesday-thursday-friday, planned my worktime as such to have those days free.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Starcraft on a USB drive? That's friggin' awesome! I have the game installed and ready but I just don't want to spoil my 'game appetite' yet.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Quality Collectors Editions like that, with worthwhile extras are sadly becomeing few and far between.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Yeah...

My brother pre-ordered it, I decided to get Jedi Academy on the same day instead.
They both ship tomorrow, should be an interesting afternoon.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Wow, its nice to see that semi-useful stuff is starting to outnumber the useless junk in these collectors editions. Sadly though, I don't care for starcraft so I have to wait another few months for my Fallout New Vegas collectors edition... :(

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
The USB Drive and the concept art book really made me kick myself for not pre-ordering. Oh well... To late now. Might as well buy it normally like any other old schmuck and pre-order Diablo III (or a collectors addition version) when I get the chance.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I don't even know anything about StarCraft but goddamn I want just the slidey box and the concept artwork so bad D=.

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
The original StarCraft wasn't in 800x600, but 640x480.

I know since I still play it and will keep playing it, just 'cause it supports LAN, unlike a certain lazy sequel Blizzard did.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Lmao, I literally laughed out loud at the "Starcraft Eve" thing.

Can't wait for tomorrow. First day shipping!

Also yeah, original was 640x480. not 800x600.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
John Funk said:
StarCraft II Collector's Edition: The Unboxing

The gorgeous Collectors' Edition of StarCraft II made its way to The Escapist's HQ this morning, so we thought we'd open it up and show you all the goodies inside.

Wow. That was some display of full frontal nerdity there, John. I'm surprised your hands weren't sweating considering the almost lascivious way you fondled the artbook!

Sorry, couldn't resist: I'm just being jealous. Although many of my friends are bullying me into getting SC2 even though I suck at RTSs, I plan to hold off until the weekend-- if it's anything like the Wrath launch, the Fry's up by me will get another big batch of CEs with their second shipment, and they'll be stacked up and maybe even discounted by $10 or so.